Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with identify gradient and the coefficient of determination of a straight line Post 302895916 by blakeoft on Thursday 3rd of April 2014 09:44:14 AM
Old 04-03-2014
This will get you the slope of the least squares line.
Code:
>awk '{sumy=$2+$3+$4+$5} {sumxy=$3*3+$4*6+$5*10} {print $1,$2,$3,$4,$5,(4.0*sumxy-19*sumy)/(4.0*145-361)}' file.txt
t1 2 3 5 8 0.611872
t2 0 2 0 2 0.127854
t3 1 1 1 1 0
t4 50 70 80 90 3.88128

I'm not sure why our first slopes differs so much, but the slope of the third line is definitely zero. This awk line only works if you have four data points for each line. Otherwise, you'll need to make some modifications. Also, I don't know what the coefficient of determination is so I need to look it up. You might be able to do it yourself if you follow this example.
This User Gave Thanks to blakeoft For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardware Determination

Does anyone know an equiv of lscfg -vp for HP-UX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_pointer
2 Replies

2. Programming

Telnet client IP determination

I have configured my firewall to allow only five remote IP's to connect to my server. Upon connection...i would like to automate the Xsession functions for authorized IP's. Mainly, $DISPLAY of the environment to the client. I understand that the "gethostbyaddr" function is capable of this.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomas.jones
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Identify duplicate words in a line using command

Hi, Let me explain the problem clearly: Let the entries in my file be: lion,tiger,bear apple,mango,orange,apple,grape unix,windows,solaris,windows,linux red,blue,green,yellow orange,maroon,pink,violet,orange,pink Can we detect the lines in which one of the words(separated by field... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasan_85
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to identify the line containing @ in between the line of a file

Hi All, I have a huge unix flat file delimted by @ at the end of the line. I need to find out if there is any line/s containing @ in between the line so that I can remove that and put the file for processing. Thanks in advance for your help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.paramanatti
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mth code determination

FILE_DATE=`date +%Y%m%d` current mth code is 200808 How can i find the 56 mths back mth code. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dr46014
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

plotting a straight horizontal line

How can I plot a straight horizontal line using perl in unix solaris environment? Please suggest. Pooja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wadhwa.pooja
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

correlation coefficient - Awk

Hi guys I have an input file with multiple columns and and rows. Is it possible to calculate correlation of certain value of certain No (For example x of S1 = 112) with all other values (for example start with x 112 corr a 3 of S1 = x-a 0.2 ) INPUT ******* No S1 S2 S3 S4 Sn a 3 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determination n points between two coordinates

Hi guys. Can anyone tell me how to determine points between two coardinates. For example: Which type of command line gives me 50 points between (8, -5, 7) and (2, 6, 9) points Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex to identify word in second position on a line

I am interested in finding a regex to find a word in second position on a line. The word in question is या I tried the following PERL EXPRESSION but it did not work: ] या or ^\W या But both gave Null results I am giving below a Sample file: देना या सौंपना=delegate तह जमना या... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to identify empty fields in line

I am trying to use awk to identify and print out records in fields that are empty along with which line they are in. I hope the awk below is close, it runs but nothing results. Thank you :). awk awk -F'\t' 'FNR==NR ~ /^*$/ { print "NR is empty" }' file file 123 GOOD ID 45... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
MPSCNNUpsamplingNearestGradientNode(3)			 MetalPerformanceShaders.framework		    MPSCNNUpsamplingNearestGradientNode(3)

NAME
MPSCNNUpsamplingNearestGradientNode SYNOPSIS
#import <MPSNNGraphNodes.h> Inherits MPSNNGradientFilterNode. Instance Methods (nonnull instancetype) - initWithSourceGradient:sourceImage:gradientState:scaleFactorX:scaleFactorY: Class Methods (nonnull instancetype) + nodeWithSourceGradient:sourceImage:gradientState:scaleFactorX:scaleFactorY: Properties double scaleFactorX double scaleFactorY Detailed Description Node representing a MPSCNNUpsamplingNearest kernel Method Documentation - (nonnull instancetype) initWithSourceGradient: (MPSNNImageNode *__nonnull) sourceGradient(MPSNNImageNode *__nonnull) sourceImage(MPSNNGradientStateNode *__nonnull) gradientState(double) scaleFactorX(double) scaleFactorY A node to represent the gradient calculation for nearest upsampling training. [forwardFilter gradientFilterWithSources:] is a more convient way to do this. Parameters: sourceGradient The input gradient from the 'downstream' gradient filter. sourceImage The input image from the forward filter node gradientState The gradient state from the forward filter scaleFactorX The X scale factor from the forward pass scaleFactorY The Y scale factor from the forward pass Returns: A MPSCNNUpsamplingNearestGradientNode + (nonnull instancetype) nodeWithSourceGradient: (MPSNNImageNode *__nonnull) sourceGradient(MPSNNImageNode *__nonnull) sourceImage(MPSNNGradientStateNode *__nonnull) gradientState(double) scaleFactorX(double) scaleFactorY A node to represent the gradient calculation for nearest upsampling training. [forwardFilter gradientFilterWithSources:] is a more convient way to do this. Parameters: sourceGradient The input gradient from the 'downstream' gradient filter. sourceImage The input image from the forward filter node gradientState The gradient state from the forward filter scaleFactorX The X scale factor from the forward pass scaleFactorY The Y scale factor from the forward pass Returns: A MPSCNNUpsamplingNearestGradientNode Property Documentation - (double) scaleFactorX [read], [nonatomic], [assign] - (double) scaleFactorY [read], [nonatomic], [assign] Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for MetalPerformanceShaders.framework from the source code. Version MetalPerformanceShaders-100 Thu Feb 8 2018 MPSCNNUpsamplingNearestGradientNode(3)