Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab script failing
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Crontab script failing Post 302895860 by zaxxon on Thursday 3rd of April 2014 03:20:35 AM
Old 04-03-2014
I asked you already not to ask everything in the AIX forum just because you use an AIX box. You often have more generic questions than AIX specific. You already got a reminder for this.
Also start using the search function because cron/crontab questions are asked very often and there is also a tutorial/guide for them on the forum which you can find here:
cron and crontab

And please use code tags also for technical text like the error message you posted.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX script failing ....

Hi folks, I have written down a UNIX script which actually FTP the file to other server. What is happening now , this script is not working only for 1 server , as it is working for 32 different FTP server . In this particular server , we are getting message “FTp:550 access denied”... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khan1978
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF condition failing in a SSH script

Hi, I'm ssh-in to a remote machine (ubuntu) and trying to execute a little script in there.The script looks like this: ssh user@ubuntu <<EOF cd ~/test ls -l echo "Continue counting files starting with a`s ?" read answer if then ls -l a* else exit fi EOF Now everything works... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubionis
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

failing a unix script

i am basically DWH professional. I want to write a script such that whenver the file size is greather than 0 the script fails plz help me in this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: er_zeeshan05
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script failing on Solaris 10 and working on 8

I have a script and code is like this .. if ]; then it's compiling about @ . what's the wrong in Solaris 10 with this? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script help needed- script failing if router unavailable

Hey all. Sometimes I'm tasked to change some router configs for the entire network (over 3,000 Cisco routers). Most of the time its a global config parameter so its done with a loop and an IP list as its the same configuration change for all routers. This is working OK. However, sometimes an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkz1974
3 Replies

6. Solaris

oracle cron script failing.

I have this oracle script which my dba is trying to run as a cron job that fails. attached is the script. It seems to run when executed by itself but just not when scheduled. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kjons76
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP Failing - In Script

I create a file that may contain several full path name files on a remote Linux that are to be copied. This file, called AWKOUTPUT is created from another script. It contains: X/picture1.png The script is very simple ------------------------------------------- REMOTEDIR="/var/CC/Stuff"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohrsville12
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script running in parallel failing!

Hi, I have a single script that was running fine in parallel on Linux 2.6.9-89 now it has been upgraded to Linux 2.6.18-308.24.1.el5 and the script has started to fail unpredictably. Is this an upgrade issue? As the script runs fine for some parallel threads while fails for others. Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Panna
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script test failing

Testing some old script developed by different user. #!/usr/bin/sh case "$0" in */*) cmd="$0";; *) cmd=`which "$0"`;; esac dir=`dirname "$cmd"` node="$dir/." echo $node below two simple tests are failing, I am not seeing any Control+M characters in the script file and I am not able... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimitta
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs good manually but failing via crontab

Hello Gurus, I have written small script which will start the given service if its stop .Its running fine when manually executed but its unable to run from crontab. #!/bin/bash SERVICENAME=rsyslog service $SERVICENAME status > /dev/null SYSLOGSTATUS=`echo $?` COUNT=0 THRESHOLD=3 if ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapil514
4 Replies
CRON(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   CRON(8)

NAME
cron - daemon to execute scheduled commands (Vixie Cron) SYNOPSIS
cron DESCRIPTION
Cron should be started from /etc/rc or /etc/rc.local. It will return immediately, so you don't need to start it with '&'. Cron searches /var/spool/cron for crontab files which are named after accounts in /etc/passwd; crontabs found are loaded into memory. Cron also searches for /etc/crontab and the files in the /etc/cron.d/ directory, which are in a different format (see crontab(5)). Cron then wakes up every minute, examining all stored crontabs, checking each command to see if it should be run in the current minute. When execut- ing commands, any output is mailed to the owner of the crontab (or to the user named in the MAILTO environment variable in the crontab, if such exists). Additionally, cron checks each minute to see if its spool directory's modtime (or the modtime on /etc/crontab) has changed, and if it has, cron will then examine the modtime on all crontabs and reload those which have changed. Thus cron need not be restarted whenever a crontab file is modified. Note that the Crontab(1) command updates the modtime of the spool directory whenever it changes a crontab. SEE ALSO
crontab(1), crontab(5) AUTHOR
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> 4th Berkeley Distribution 20 December 1993 CRON(8)