Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Extract Date part from the filename Post 302895540 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 1st of April 2014 08:56:37 AM
Old 04-01-2014
You could try something like:
Code:
sed 's/.*\(....\)/\..*/\1/'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

part of a filename

Hi, I need to extract only a part of the filenames of some files. The files are named this way : .tap_profile_SIT02 I want the "SIT02" part, which is not the same for each file. I was able to get what I want with bash, but not with ksh. Here is the command I used in bash : find... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: flame_eagle
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract date from filename and create a new file

Hi, i have a filename CRED20102009.txt in a server 20102009 is the date of the file ddmmaaaa format the complete route is /dprod/informatica/Fuentes/CRED20102009.csv i want to extract the date to create a new file named Parameters.txt I need to create Parameters.txt with this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel1001
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract date from filename and set timestamp

I have lots of files in this format: dvgrab-2003.06.29_15-30-24.mpg The numbers represents the date and time (YYYY.MM.DD_HH-MM-SS) How can I extract the dates from the filenames, and use the dates in the file timestamp? I guess this can be done by using "find", "sed" and "touch"? Can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty1234
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting part of a filename

Hi All, I'm trying to get part of a filename and my skill with regular expression are lacking. I know I need to use SED but have no idea how to use it. I'm hoping that someone can help me out. The file names would be: prefix<partwewant>suffix.extension the prefix and suffix are always 3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imonkey
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My Requirement: 1) There are some set of files in a directory like given below OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_acc.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_faf.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_prom.csv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

6. Programming

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My code: if then set "subscriber" "promplan" "mapping" "dedicatedaccount" "faflistSub" "faflistAcc" "accumulator"\ "pam_account"; for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8;... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a part of a filename containing a particular word

Hi All, Thanks in Advance Shell Script or Perl Script I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My Requirement: 1) There are some set of files in a directory like given below OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_acc.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_faf.csv... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the part of a filename

Hi, I am writing an ebuild for Gentoo Linux operating system. Writing an ebuild is about Bash scripting where I am a newbie. So, my ebuild must find a part of a specific filename. Such a filaname my look like this: libvclient_release_x64.so.740and I must to find the number at the and of... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: csanyipal
18 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extract date and time from filename?

Hi, I'm totally new in sell script and working with a shell code. I want to extract the date and time from the filenames. The filenames are different but all of them begins with WI_ SCOPE_: WI_SCOPE_DATA_CHANGE_2017-09-12_15-30-40.txt WI_SCOPE_BACK_COMPLETE_QUEUE_2017-09-12_15-31-40.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Home
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract date and time part from filename

Hi, I am facing one scenario in which I need to extract exact position of date and time from the name of the files. For example, Below is the record in which I need to extract position of YYYYMMDD,HHMISS and YYMMDD. Date and time variables can come more than once. I need to use these position... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
13 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)