Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Query on fetching a value of variable in script Post 302895522 by simpltyansh on Tuesday 1st of April 2014 07:24:35 AM
Old 04-01-2014
Question Query on fetching a value of variable in script

I have below 3 files in a directory :
Code:
oktest.txt
okcode.txt
okfun.txt

I was writing a small shell script to just print the names of three files where I took a variable a and assigned it a value ok.

Code:
a=ok
echo "Three files are : $atest.txt $acode.txt $afun.txt"

But when I run this script I noticed, unix is not fetching the value in echo of $a. Am i using the correct syntax ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script variable passed to Oracle query

Hi All, I pass a Perl script variable, whch is passed to a query to be prepared. But the problem is I have special character like '&' in this variable which are handled in a special way by the Oracle query parser. How do I get over this? my $cust_name='A&B'; my $sql="Select cust_short_name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store query multiple result in shell script variable(Array)

:) Suppose,I have one table A. Table A have one column. Table A have 10 rows. I want this 10 rows store into shell script variable. like #!/bin/ksh v_shell_var=Hi here in call oracle , through loop How can I store table A's 10 rows into v_shell_var (Shell Script Array). Regards, Div (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: div_Neev
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script variable within a sql query

I created a script to read a csv file with four columns. The script also saved values of each col in a arry. In the script, i connected to db try to run a query to pull out data baisc on the values from the csv file. select Num from tableName where Sec_Num in ('${isin}') /*isin is an arry... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sherry_Run
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a variable from shell script to mysql query?

I heard this was possible but from my research I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Seems it should be simple enough. Basically from a high level view I'm trying to accomplish... . $X='grep foo blah.log' then 'mysql command SELECT foo FROM bar WHERE ' . $X or something like that. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kero
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a shell script variable in a mysql query using 'LIKE'

Hello. I am writing a simple script that reads a text file and removes records from a mysql database. The items in the text file are of the format: firstname.middle.lastXXX, where XXX is a 3 digit number. The table has an email field that will match the firstname.middle.last. So, I thought I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bricoleur
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching variable from config file

I am using . .profile in my script below I want to fech it it from my configuration file .id_pass_file.txt(it has all user_name and passwords) how can i do this PROFILE_PATH=. .profile AND IN MY SCRIPT $PROFILE_PATH IS THIS CORRECT #!/bin/sh ORACLE_HOME=/var/opt/oracle/product/10g;... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Variable from shell script to select query for SqlPlus?

echo "set echo off"; echo "set feedback off"; echo "set linesize 4000"; echo " set pagesize 0"; echo " set sqlprompt ''"; echo " set trimspool on"; Select statement is mentioned below echo "select res.ti_book_no from disney_ticket_history res where res.ti_status =${STATUS} and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing value of variable to a query within shell script

I have a script in which i connect to database to run a query and get the result of the query to a temp file. This works fine , now what i want is there is flat file which contains the value to be used in the query. I want to read this file line by line and then run the query for each value in that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in shell script db2 query for fetching and comparing records

hi.. my requirement is following: i want to have a shell script that queries a table i.e. fcm_auth in database fcmcore (I use db2) to get no of rows present for a given combination eg org and logo for past 5-10 mins interval. You can take some values of org(numerical values) and corresponding... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishantrefound
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script (ksh) - SQLPlus query filter using a string variable

Using ksh, I am using SQLPlus to execute a query with a filter using a string variable. REPO_DB=DEV1 FOLDER_NM='U_nmalencia' FOLDER_CHECK=$(sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF CONNECT user/pswd_select@${REPO_DB} set echo off heading off feedback off select subj_name from subject where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
5 Replies
PHAR.INTERCEPTFILEFUNCS(3)						 1						PHAR.INTERCEPTFILEFUNCS(3)

Phar::interceptFileFuncs - instructs phar to intercept fopen, file_get_contents, opendir, and all of the stat-related functions

SYNOPSIS
finalpublicstatic void Phar::interceptFileFuncs (void ) DESCRIPTION
instructs phar to intercept fopen(3), readfile(3), file_get_contents(3), opendir(3), and all of the stat-related functions. If any of these functions is called from within a phar archive with a relative path, the call is modified to access a file within the phar archive. Absolute paths are assumed to be attempts to load external files from the filesystem. This function makes it possible to run PHP applications designed to run off of a hard disk as a phar application. PARAMETERS
No parameters. RETURN VALUES
EXAMPLES
Example #1 A Phar.interceptFileFuncs(3) example <?php Phar::interceptFileFuncs(); include 'phar://' . __FILE__ . '/file.php'; ?> Assuming that this phar is at /path/to/myphar.phar and it contains file.php and file2.txt, if file.php contains this code: Example #2 A Phar.interceptFileFuncs(3) example <?php echo file_get_contents('file2.txt'); ?> Normally PHP would search the current directory for file2.txt, which would translate as the directory of file.php, or the current direc- tory of a command-line user. Phar.interceptFileFuncs(3) instructs PHP to consider the current directory to be phar:///path/to/myphar.phar/ and so opens phar:///path/to/myphar.phar/file2.txt in the above example code. PHP Documentation Group PHAR.INTERCEPTFILEFUNCS(3)