Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming When to define functions in C? Post 302895261 by achenle on Sunday 30th of March 2014 11:40:13 AM
Old 03-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
In that case, partition your code into a number of source files according to functional area. Create headers (files) corresponding to the functions defined in each source file.

Include the appropriate header in a source file if you need to use a function defined in another source file.
OP was supposed to answer that.... Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

mysterious #define

in the header file orville.h, outside of the #ifdef #endif , there is the following #define JOB_CONTROL /* support job-control */ As you can see, the JOB_CONTROL macro has no value associated with it. Here is what I go when I ran grep on the entire source code. $ grep -iR... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frequency8
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

#define in perl

Hi friends, I am not sure if perl questions can be raised here. :rolleyes: But I have a doubt if there is a way to do "#define" in perl, like in C. Does anyone know if it is feasible (without CPAN modules)? Thanks, Srini (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasan_85
7 Replies

3. Programming

#define

Hello, I would like to conditionaly comment in my code source some fields from arrays. So I use the property ## from the #define definition. my code: ... #define slet /##* #define etsl *##/ ... const T_SVT_ADLL_A653_DESC A_DESC = { { slet qwerty etsl SLICING,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cypleen
3 Replies

4. Programming

help with #define in C

if i do this in C #define NUM 1234512345 then how come i cant print it out using int main(int argc, char **argv) { printf("%d\n", NUM); return 0; } well the result is -1219236538, why isnt it 1234512345 ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
7 Replies

5. Programming

#define in c

Hi, I had a head file, looks like #define MIN_NUM 10 #define MAX_NUM 10 is there any way to get "MAX_NUM" from 10? thanks. peter (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: laopi
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute functions or initiate functions as command line parameters for below requirement?

I have 7 functions those need to be executed as command line inputs, I tried with below code it’s not executing function. If I run the ./script 2 then fun2 should execute , how to initiate that function I tried case and if else also, how to initiate function from command line if then... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Define variable from file.

HI I have file A.txt _1A _2A _3A _4A I want define all as different variable. $1A=_1A $2B=_2A $3C=_3A $4D=_4A Now i can use any variable in my script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Define Variables

Hi, I just define the variable in script and use those script in another script but the variable not recognize. test1.sh #!/bin/bash DB="test_db" USR="test_user" PWD="test_pwd" HST="24.254.87.12" test2.sh #!/bin/bash ./test1.sh mysql -u $USR -p $PWD -h $HST... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
2 Replies
gencat(1int)															      gencat(1int)

Name
       gencat - generate a formatted message catalog

Syntax
       gencat catalog_file [source_file ...]

Description
       The  command  takes  one or more message source files and either creates a new catalog or merges new message text into an existing catalog.
       You should use the extension for message text files (for example, ) and the extension for catalogs (for example, ) to  process  files  with
       the command.

In  some  cases, a formatted message catalog exists that has the same name the one that is creating.  When this occurs, merges the messages
       from the source message catalogs into this existing formatted message catalog.  The command merges the source  message  catalogs  into  the
       formatted  message  catalog  in	the same manner as it merges a group of source message catalogs.  If a source message catalog contains the
       same set number or message number as a set or message in the formatted message catalog, the source  message  catalog  set  or  message  has
       precedence.  For example, if both the source and formatted message catalogs contain a message number 25, the message text for message 25 in
       the source message catalog replaces the message text in the formatted message catalog.  Thus, when source message catalogs are merged  with
       formatted message catalogs, the formatted catalogs are updated.

If you do not specify a source file, the command accepts message source data from standard input.

Numeric message source files are portable between X/Open systems.

For information on the source format for messages files, see the Guide to Developing International Software.

Restrictions
       The command does not accept mnemonic identifiers.  You must run the command if you want to use mnemonic identifiers.

See Also
       extract(1int), mkcatdefs(1int), trans(1int), catgets(3int), catopen(3int), intro(3int), environ(5int)
       Guide to Developing International Software

gencat(1int)