Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Please help my computer has been compromised Post 302895159 by sea on Friday 28th of March 2014 06:14:03 PM
Old 03-28-2014
Have a look at
Code:
cat ~/.ssh/authorized_keys

Wrote on Windows, use tab completion for proper filename.
Unless you added an entry there, it should be empty.
If it isnt, empty it.

If he had set up your machine so you can remotly access it, create a new keyfile.
We'll help on this if required.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

in.telnetd[5115] -- compromised?

/* Linux Slackware */ looking in my logs I see tons of entries similar to below. Does anyone know what these mean, and should I be concerned. I looked up a few of the IP's at Arin.net and saw that many of them belong to isp's (not good).. Any information is helpful.. Body of Messages log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LowOrderBit
1 Replies

2. Programming

getting computer name

Hi all! Is there any function to get the name from a computer by the IP adresse? Thank you in advance! Greetings Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coredump2003
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another customisation for my computer

Hey, this time, I want my rhythmbox to play a different playlist at a set time (about sleeping time). my shellcode works, since if i run it it works, but when i make crontab run it, nothing happens. I try appending commands to the code, such as cp a file, and that occurs, so I have no idea what is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davidY
1 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Change Computer Name

I am trying to change my computer name (located in system prefs-> sharing) using unix i've tried Macbook-Pro:~ user$ hostname Macbook-Pro.local Macbook-Pro:~ user$ sudo hostname hello Password: Macbook-Pro:~ user$ hostname hello It seems to work, but my computer is still called... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CBarraford
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Can I To Power Off My Computer?

I have a SCO UNIX 5.0.6. and a computer ATX. My Question is: How can i to power off my computer without to push the power button? :confused: Please help me. :( Thanks :) (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vhabalos
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

who - PC Computer name

Does anyone know of a way of identifying the PC / client name rather than IP address via who or some other AIX command (5.3). (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
4 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

What was your first computer?

Hey, the What Do You Do for a Living thread got me thinking about this. My first "computer" was a Timex Sinclair that I built from a kit. I also spent many hours painstakingly programming a Commodore Vic20 to display graphics and sound (and save them on that slooooow tape drive). My first "real"... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: dday
26 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which Computer to buy?

I currently own a macbook which I am happy with. I will be starting CS coursework in august, is it ok to buy a netbook just for programming purposes. The largest file would be the compiler; I do not see the actual programs taking up that much space. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: N-Training
4 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

Server has been compromised

Hi, I want to ask something about server that has been compromised. Recently, one of my VPS server has been hacked and the attacker install somekind like "IRC" script. Everytime I killed the process or close the port, it can open again .. and again ..I'm sure the attacker has installed... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: franx47
14 Replies
machid(1)							   User Commands							 machid(1)

NAME
machid, sun, iAPX286, i286, i386, i486, i860, pdp11, sparc, u3b, u3b2, u3b5, u3b15, vax, u370 - get processor type truth value SYNOPSIS
sun iAPX286 i386 pdp11 sparc u3b u3b2 u3b5 u3b15 vax u370 DESCRIPTION
The following commands will return a true value (exit code of 0) if you are using an instruction set that the command name indicates. sun True if you are on a Sun system. iAPX286 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX286 processor. i386 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX386 processor. pdp11 True if you are on a PDP-11/45tm or PDP-11/70tm. sparc True if you are on a computer using a SPARC-family processor. u3b True if you are on a 3B20 computer. u3b2 True if you are on a 3B2 computer. u3b5 True if you are on a 3B5 computer. u3b15 True if you are on a 3B15 computer. vax True if you are on a VAX-11/750tm or VAX-11/780tm. u370 True if you are on an IBM(R) System/370tm computer. The commands that do not apply will return a false (non-zero) value. These commands are often used within makefiles (see make(1S)) and shell scripts (see sh(1)) to increase portability. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
make(1S), sh(1), test(1), true(1), uname(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The machid family of commands is obsolete. Use uname -p and uname -m instead. SunOS 5.11 5 Jul 1990 machid(1)