Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX 0653-340 There is not enough memory available now Post 302895063 by amp24 on Friday 28th of March 2014 11:26:37 AM
Old 03-28-2014
Hi VBE,

Thanks for your reply.

If I type "ls" in any directory other than the NFS mounted directory, it will give me the results immediately. The NFS mounted directory has many files and subdirectories in it. Most of the other directories on this machine have very little in them. In fact, if I go into a subdirectory of the NFS mounted directory, I can run "ls" and it will quickly give me the results.

Some more info that further complicates this issue:
This issue was first brought to me by a programmer because everytime he ran the "make" command on this mounted directory and even its subdirectories, the cursor would just hang. Unlike the "ls" command, the problem did not go away when he tried to run make from a subdirectory of the NFS mounted directory. He would eventually have to use "ctrl + C" to stop the "make" command.

I am wondering if this issue is being caused by the number of files and folders in the mounted directory.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

0653-421 mksysb errot

When i am taking mksysb that time it is giving error 0653-421 error. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort: 0653-657 A write error occurred while sorting.

Hi I am trying to sort a file of 88075743B size. I am doing some processing on the file and after the processing is done; I get 2 files temp1 and temp2. I need to combine both these files as one and this final file should be sorted on fields 1 and 2. Space is the delimiter between fields. Record... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diksha2207
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP 9000 340 help

Hi all, I've salveaged a fully working HP 9000 340 model with hard disk and floppy drive. It boots up and I get to the login screen. I don't have any usernames or passwords. Anyone know any hacks for the version of Unix it runs? Is there anyway I can reset the root password? Via Floppy? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbo007
0 Replies
UMOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     UMOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
umount.nfs, umount.nfs4 - unmount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
umount.nfs dir [-fvnrlh ] DESCRIPTION
umount.nfs and umount.nfs4 are a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. umount.nfs4 and umount.nfs are meant to be used by the umount(8) command for unmounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. dir is the directory on which the file system is mounted. OPTIONS
-f Force unmount the file system in case of unreachable NFS system. -v Be verbose. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip delet- ing an entry. -r In case unmounting fails, try to mount read-only. -l Lazy unmount. Detach the file system from the file system hierarchy now, and cleanup all references to the file system as soon as it is not busy anymore. -h Print help message. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and umount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), umount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 6 Jun 2006 UMOUNT.NFS(8)