Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: .bash_profile question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers .bash_profile question Post 302894831 by galileo1 on Thursday 27th of March 2014 01:43:57 PM
Old 03-27-2014
Thanks for the lead on this LPenguin!

I used your above 'export' statement and tweaked it a little and finally got exactly what I wanted. Here's the revised statement:
Code:
export PS1="\h:$ORACLE_SID:$HOME>"

This changed my prompt to:
Code:
banbatchtest1v:MCPPRD:/home/rcarvall>

This mimics what I had in AIX so this works. Thanks again!

Rob

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

numbers on permanently through .bash_profile

Hi Can anyone tell me if it is at all possible to edit ones .bash_profile, to make the setting on of line numbers (in vi/vim), permanent? I've been to a few IRC channels and people keep telling me it is more of a vi/vim thing and to use something called ".vimrc", however I heard that it is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrokan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

.bash_profile problem

Hi Guys, I modified my .bash_profile script , and tried to change the prompt. Following is the line of code in my .bash_profile script. export PS1=" \W " But I get the output as: \W This appears to be my prompt now. Any idea what should be done.. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

question in .bash_profile

We are more users using the oracle account, and people want to include theyr own files in .bash_profile. Like this: while ; do echo -n "LOGNAME is '$LOGNAME' (no sens), who are you? " >/dev/stderr read ln export LOGNAME=$ln done This works well when logging in to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hannem
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash_profile does not working

Hi all. when i connect as user megaguru i have a problem my .bash_profile does not working^:( if i do: . ./.bash_profile all enviroment variables are in place. How can i force linux to use .bash_profile before logon process? thanx in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smallman
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in .bash_profile Linux

Hello Friends, I was trying to give a text/welcome message to a specific user just after his login. For that i had added a echo test message line in .bash_profile of that user. Which is not working .... Also i had to execute a script on his login for that i had tried to enter the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
6 Replies

6. Solaris

allias in .bash_profile not working

I am using solaris 10 x86. I have created a .bash_profile under root's home directory(/). The contents of the file are: Solaris10u8/# cat .bash_profile export PATH=$PATH:/usr/sfw/bin export PS1='\h\w\$ ' export PAGER="less -imsq" alias ll='ls -l' alias la='ls -a' The problem is that: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bash_profile or .profile

Hi, happy new year. on AIX 6.1 , for user oracle , there are two files : bash_profile and .profile I do not know which one is executed when login ? How to know , More over in both of them we have : in .profile : ORACLE_HOME=/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add Variable in .bash_profile

Hi, I wanted to do the following, but the command does not seem to work. Any ideas or suggestions please help. #1. If the particular ENV variable IMPACT_HOME is not there in a file grep -q IMPACT_HOME infile || sed -i 'i IMPACT_HOME=/my/new/path' infile #2. If the ENV variable... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

.bash_profile file corrupted

Hi, Unexpectedly i entered wrong entries in .bash_profile for my user which has administrative permissions. So, i am getting errors for every command. I dont have backup file also, so any body can help me how to recover it. Regards, Mastan (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash_profile versus bashrc

Hi All Please can you tell , what is the difference between bash_profile and bashrc. How to create them? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)