Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find File with space
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find File with space Post 302894577 by kumar30213 on Wednesday 26th of March 2014 08:26:06 AM
Old 03-26-2014
RedHat find

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarloM
You want to exclude files with space characters in the filename? Or do you mean something else?

yes you are correct.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find a file whick is consuming larger disk space in file system

Hello, Can anybody please tell me the command to find out the filesystem or a file which is consuming larger disk space sing i want to find out the file and want to compress it please help me out any help would be appreciated (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokeshpashine
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find the free space of a particular directory

Hi Guys, I want to find the free space of a particular directory,, Regards, Magesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find the folder with space in name.

A solaris server with SAMBA share folder. The PC users created many folders with space on it, I want to find them out, but not list its subfolders. For example, I have below folders Copy of ABC/efg/xy sa/Test again/xyt If I use command: find . -type d |grep " " I will list 6 folders, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdcwayx
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find file with space and cksum

find . -type f | xargs cksum this command is failing for the files which has a space in between them any quick solution ? preferably one liner (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

How do i find free space in my unix?

Hello, I wanted to calculate free space in my unix file system. Here is my direction. I can use df -h command to get the below output. Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on =================================================== /dev/vx/dsk/edcdg/data01vol ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find a job which is writing a big file and eating up space?

how to find a job which is writing a big file and eating up space? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rush2andy
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Help to Find out Available disk space

I need to find available disk space for /home. $ df /home Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/mahhh/VolGroup11-LogVol00 32281452 45028 26034172 15% / $df /home |tail -1| awk '{print $4}' 15% The above result shows the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anu_1
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk with Find and play using Space

Hi All, Sample records 2157 91128 -rw-r----- 1 arun1 staff 93315072 Aug 23 06:44 /home/arun/my own/file_name.txt 2157 91128 -rw-r----- 1 arun1 staff 93315072 Aug 23 06:44 /home/arun/myown/file name2.txt i want to print only user name, user group, size, date time stamp, and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed the find the third , and replace with a space

Dear All, I am new here. Could anyone help to find a sed script for replace the third "," to " "? input: abc,def,ghi,jkl,mno,pqr,stu,vxz output: abc,def,ghi jkl,mno,pqr,stu,vxz Many thanks. Please use code tags next time for your code and data. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mimilaw
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing only the first space to a tab in a space delimited text file

Hi, I have a space delimited text file but I only want to change the first space to a tab and keep the rest of the spaces intact. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)