Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mysql: How to update value in 27000 rows? Post 302894469 by postcd on Tuesday 25th of March 2014 03:02:17 PM
Old 03-25-2014
[Solved] Mysql: How to update value in 27000 rows?

Hello,

some member created 27000 posts in wrong section (lol Smilie) so i need to edit all his entries to get new section ID.

Code:
SELECT * FROM `phpbb_topics` WHERE `topic_first_poster_name` LIKE "%ozerway%";

this will select all his topics...

the column with forum id is named "forum_id" and wrong value is 4, correct value should be 5

please kindly how the command should look like to update all these mysql rows forum_id from 4 to 5?

Thank you

Last edited by Scott; 03-25-2014 at 04:13 PM.. Reason: Use code tags

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Mysql question: Best way to update a column containing 8 million rows

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew a good/safe way to update a single column in a table that could contain upto 8 million rows... simple command like: UPDATE set blah=foo where bar=XXX; I will be running this on tables being written to and tables that have already been created. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
3 Replies

2. Web Development

[MYSQL] problem with spaces in rows

Hello. I'm not sure how I can get around this, or what I am doing wrong, but I need some help. :) I want to do an select query looking like this: SELECT venue, SUM( amount ) FROM IWD WHERE venue = 'Foxy Hollow' Unfortunately I need to have spaces in the names in these fields, is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mulitple rows update by sed command

Hi All, I need to update 2 rows in my file. But i can do only one row update by sed command. Please help me how can i change mutltiple rows in single sed commana my i/p file: (example.txt) record integer (10) present_id; string (10) first_name; string (10) last_name; string... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdathu
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Online insert MySQL rows by perl-script

Hello, Met a problem when I tried to insert rows to MySQL database from an old book that fits my learning level (MySQL and Perl for the Web, by Paul DuBois, 2001). First, under mysql console I created a database: webdb and the table: todo. Then I draft the perl-cgi script to have online page.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
0 Replies

5. Programming

Getting Rows from a MySQL Table with max values?

I feel stupid for asking this because it seems that MYSQL code isn't working the way that I think it should work. Basically I wrote code like this: select * from `Test_DC_Trailer` HAVING max(DR_RefKey); Where the DR_RefKey is a unique numeric field that is auto iterated (like a primary key)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve multiple rows from mysql and automatically create a table

Hi, i want to create a table automatically based on another table (sms_key). For example; If user create a new row with sms_keyword field: IRC then a table created automatically (with some field on it, like: name, ph_number, messages). select * from sms_key; +-------------+ |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jazzyzha
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

MySql split rows

Dear community, I have to split string in table and list all values. I'll skip the code and jump directly to mysql query. This is the table: category title ======= ======= 7,3 title 1 1,3 title 2 1,2,3 title 3 Now, what I need is split category into single... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
2 Replies

8. Programming

MYSQL - trigger update on record insert or update

Right I have a MYSQL database with table1 with 3 columns, colA, colB and colC. I want to combine the data in the 3 columns into a 4th column names col_comb. Here's the SQL command that works: UPDATE table1 SET `col_comb` = CONCAT( `colA` , ' - ', `colB` , ', ', `colC` ); So now I want this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
5 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)