Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print a closing XML tag shell script Post 302894464 by RudiC on Tuesday 25th of March 2014 02:38:56 PM
Old 03-25-2014
Why don't you try to add Doc Cragun's proposal to your END section? Like
Code:
END{
print ft>xml[i]
print "</xml>">xml[i]
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove some xml tag lines using shell script

I have existing XML file as below, now based on input string in shell script on workordercode i need to create a seprate xml file for e.g if we pass the input string as 184851 then it find the tag data from <workOrder>..</workOrder> and write to a new file and similarly next time if i pass the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balrajg
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell Script to compare xml files and print output to a file

All, PLease can you help me with a shell script which can compare two xml files and print the difference to a output file. I have attached one such file for you reference. <Group> <Member ID=":Year_Quad:41501" childCount="4" fullPath="PEPSICO Year-Quad-Wk : FOLDER.52 Weeks Ending Dec... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanthrajgowda
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell command to remove some XML tag is needed

Hi all, I have a file which i have to remove some line from it, the lines that i have to remove from my file is as below: </new_name></w"s" langue="Fr-fr" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <New_name> and it is finding at the middle of my file, is there any command line in linux to do it or do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: id_2pc
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell Script to read XML tags and the data within that tag

Hi unix Gurus, I am really new to Unix Scripting. Please help me to create a shell script which reads the xml file and from that i need to fetch a particular information. For example <SOURCE BUSINESSNAME ="" DATABASETYPE ="Teradata" DBDNAME ="DWPROD3" DESCRIPTION ="" NAME... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmilePlease
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I remove some xml tag lines using shell script?

Hi All, My name is Prathyu and I am working as a ETL develper. I have one requirement to create a XML file based on the provided XSD file. As per the Datastage standards Key(repeatable) field does not contain any Null values so I am inserting some dummy tag line to that XML file. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathyu
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify XML tag using shell script

Hi All Need some help with a unix shell script. I have a XML file as shown below: <Root> <Service> <endPoint type="SOAP" protocol="http"> <provider>ABCD</provider> <urlRewrite>/service/xyz/getAccountDetails</urlRewrite> <timeout>30</timeout> </endPoint> </Service> <Service> <endPoint... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilwa
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using shell command need to parse multiple nested tag value of a XML file

I have this XML file - <gp> <mms>1110012</mms> <tg>988</tg> <mm>LongTime</mm> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Desti = Motion</lkid> <kk>12</kk> </lv> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Source = Velocity</lkid> <kk>2</kk> </lv> <lv> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedASolution
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To search for a particular tag in xml and collate all similar tag values and display them count

I want to basically do the below thing. Suppose there is a tag called object1. I want to display an output for all similar tag values under heading of Object 1 and the count of the xmls. Please help File: <xml><object1>house</object1><object2>child</object2>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read xml tags and then remove the tag using shell script

<Start> <Header> This is header section </Header> <Body> <Body_start> This is body section <a> <b> <c> <st>111</st> </c> <d> <st>blank</st> </d> </b> </a> </Body_start> <Body_section> This is body section (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving XML tag/contents after specific XML tag within same file

Hi Forum. I have an XML file with the following requirement to move the <AdditionalAccountHolders> tag and its content right after the <accountHolderName> tag within the same file but I'm not sure how to accomplish this through a Unix script. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
19 Replies
MKDoc::XML::Stripper(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 MKDoc::XML::Stripper(3pm)

NAME
MKDoc::XML::Stripper - Remove unwanted XML / XHTML tags and attributes SYNOPSIS
use MKDoc::XML::Stripper; my $stripper = new MKDoc::XML::Stripper; $stripper->allow (qw /p class id/); my $ugly = '<p class="para" style="color:red">Hello, <strong>World</strong>!</p>'; my $neat = $stripper->process_data ($ugly); print $neat; Should print: <p class="para">Hello, World!</p> SUMMARY
MKDoc::XML::Stripper is a class which lets you specify a set of tags and attributes which you want to allow, and then cheekily strip any XML of unwanted tags and attributes. In MKDoc, this is used so that editors use structural XHTML rather than presentational tags, i.e. strip anything which looks like a <font> tag, a 'style' attribute or other tags which would break separation of structure from content. DISCLAIMER
This module does low level XML manipulation. It will somehow parse even broken XML and try to do something with it. Do not use it unless you know what you're doing. API
my $stripper = MKDoc::XML::Stripper->new() Instantiates a new MKDoc::XML::Stripper object. $stripper->load_def ($def_name); Loads a definition located somewhere in @INC under MKDoc/XML/Stripper. Available definitions are: xhtml10frameset xhtml10strict xhtml10transitional mkdoc16 - MKDoc 1.6. XHTML structural markup You can also load your own definition file, for instance: $stripper->load_def ('my_def.txt'); Definitions are simple text files as follows: # allow p with 'class' and id p class p id # allow more stuff td class td id td style # etc... $stripper->allow ($tag, @attributes) Allows "<$tag>" to appear in the stripped XML. Additionally, allows @attributes to appear as attributes of <$tag>, so for instance: $stripper->allow ('p', 'class', 'id'); Will allow the following: <p> <p class="foo"> <p id="bar"> <p class="foo" id="bar"> However any extra attributes will be stripped, i.e. <p class="foo" id="bar" style="font-color: red"> Will be rewritten as <p class="foo" id="bar"> $stripper->disallow ($tag) Explicitly disallows a tag and all its associated attributes. By default everything is disallowed. $stripper->process_data ($some_xml); Strips $some_xml according to the rules that were given with the allow() and disallow() methods and returns the result. Does not modify $some_xml in place. $stripper->process_file ('/an/xml/file.xml'); Strips '/an/xml/file.xml' according to the rules that were given with the allow() and disallow() methods and returns the result. Does not modify '/an/xml/file.xml' in place. NOTES
MKDoc::XML::Stripper does not really parse the XML file you're giving to it nor does it care if the XML is well-formed or not. It uses MKDoc::XML::Tokenizer to turn the XML / XHTML file into a series of MKDoc::XML::Token objects and strictly operates on a list of tokens. For this same reason MKDoc::XML::Stripper does not support namespaces. AUTHOR
Copyright 2003 - MKDoc Holdings Ltd. Author: Jean-Michel Hiver This module is free software and is distributed under the same license as Perl itself. Use it at your own risk. SEE ALSO
MKDoc::XML::Tokenizer MKDoc::XML::Token perl v5.10.1 2004-10-06 MKDoc::XML::Stripper(3pm)