Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete a specific line containing non consecutive number? Post 302894426 by Ryan Kim on Tuesday 25th of March 2014 12:12:06 PM
Old 03-25-2014
Subbeh,

Thanks a lot !!!! This really works

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a columnfrom a specifit line number to a specific line number

Hi, I have a huge file & I want to add a specific text in column. But I want to add this text from a specific line number to a specific line number & another text in to another range of line numbers. To be more specific: lets say my file has 1000 lines & 4 Columns. I want to add text "Hello"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ezy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to replace a specific string on a specific line number using variables

using sed to replace a specific string on a specific line number using variables this is where i am at grep -v WARNING output | grep -v spawn | grep -v Passphrase | grep -v Authentication | grep -v '/sbin/tfadmin netguard -C'| grep -v 'NETWORK>' >> output.clean grep -n Destination... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: todd.cutting
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How would i delete a line at specific line number

Hi guys , I m writing a script to delete a line at particular location. But i m unable to use variable for specifying line number. for example. sed -n '7!p' filename works fine and deletes 7th line from my file but sed -n '$variable!p' filename gives following error. sed: -e... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find specific line and delete line after.

I'm looking for a way to search a file, in this case init.rc for a specific match, service adbd /sbin/adbd, and delete the a specific line after it Original: # adbd is controlled by the persist.service.adb.enable system property service adbd /sbin/adbd disabled After deletion: #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GabrialDestruir
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all lines that start with a bigger number of a specific one.

E.g. the file is like this: I want to delete all lines that begin with a number larger than 2, ignoring the lines that doesn't begin with a number! PS:'2' is actually a variable that can have a lot of values:b:i bet you got it (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two non-consecutive lines based on line number or string

This is a variation of an earlier post found here: unixcom/shell-programming-scripting/159821-merge-two-non-consecutive-lines.html User Bartus11 was kind enough to solve that example. Previously, I needed help combining two lines that are non-consecutive in a file. Now I need to do the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: munkee
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete specific line in awk

Hi, I'm totally new to awk, so thanks in advance for your help. I want to make a csv file out of a text file I've exported from a database I want to do two things: 1. Change pipes ("|") to commas (",") to make a text file into CSV 2. Remove the second line of the file, which is useless junk. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pip56789
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut from specific line number to a line number

Hi All, I've a file like this.. Sheet1 a,1 a,2 a,3 a,4 a,5 Sheet2 a,6 a,7 a,8 a,9 a,10 Sheet3 a,11 a,12 a,13 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manab86
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line at a specific line number with some other line

my requirement is, consider a file output cat output blah sdjfhjkd jsdfhjksdh sdfs 23423 sdfsdf sdf"sdfsdf"sdfsdf"""""dsf hellow there this doesnt look good et cetc etc etcetera i want to replace a line of line number 4 ("this doesnt look good") with some other line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count specific character of a file in each line and delete this character in a specific position

I will appreciate if you help me here in this script in Solaris Enviroment. Scenario: i have 2 files : 1) /tmp/TRANSACTIONS_DAILY_20180730.txt: 201807300000000004 201807300000000005 201807300000000006 201807300000000007 201807300000000008 2)... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: teokon90
10 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)