Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk to parse df output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to parse df output Post 302894026 by SriniShoo on Sunday 23rd of March 2014 07:17:34 AM
Old 03-23-2014
Can you provide us the output of "df -k". I get available space as 4th column and the above code is working fine for me

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

parse through one text file and output many

Hi, everyone The input file pattern is like below: Begin Object1 txt1 end ; Begin Object2 txt2 end ; ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sophiadun
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To parse through the file and print output using awk or sed script

suppose if u have a file like that Hen ABCCSGSGSGJJJJK 15 Cock ABCCSGGGSGIJJJL 15 * * * * * * : * * * . * * * : Hen CFCDFCSDFCDERTF 30 Cock CHCDFCSDHCDEGFI 30 * . * * * * * * * : * * :* : : . The output shud be where there is : and . It shud... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse Logfile output variable

<SUMMARY filecount_excluded="0" dirbytes_sent="3367893" dirbytes_hashcache="13275664" ..and so on..> <session numthreads="1" type="avtarbackup" ndispatchers="1" ..and so on..><host numprocs="4" speed="900" osuser="root" name="ashsux01" memory="24545" /><build time="11:04:53" msgversion="13-10" ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file using awk and work in awk output

hi guys, i want to parse a file using public function, the file contain raw data in the below format i want to get the output like this to load it to Oracle DB MARWA1,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 MARWA2,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 this the file raw format: Number of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagigg
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to parse output for variables in Bash

Trying to finish up my script that automates some video encoding work. Situation: There is an MKV file to be transcoded. Problem: MKVINFO will give a bunch of output about an MKV file, included in that output are two lines I am interested in: | + Default duration: 41.708ms (23.976 fps... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: randyharris
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse snoop output

Hi all, Is it possible to create an script that parse an snoop output similar to the example above ? Each line is ended by "$" (set list in vi). as a result, I would like to print the output in only one line. can someone give me some tip ? Thanks a lot .:) l version="1.0" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robdcb
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse jil output

Hi , I have a jil file which i am trying to parse and print the job name and the condition corresponding to it. Below is the input file /* -------------------- testjob1 -------------------- */ insert_job: testjob1 job_type: c machine: unix owner: chidori condition: s(joba) and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse this file using awk and output in CSV format?

My source file looks like this: Cust-Number = "101" Cust-Name="Joe" Cust-Town="London" Cust-hobby="tennis" Cust-purchase="200" Cust-Number = "102" Cust-Name="Mary" Cust-Town="Newyork" Cust-hobby="reading" Cust-purchase="125" Now I want to parse this file (leaving out hobby) and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balav
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to parse iostat command output

Hi, I got the code below is one of the threads from this forum. lineCount=$(iostat | wc -l) numDevices=$(expr $lineCount - 7); iostat $interval -x -t | awk -v awkCpuFile=$cpuFile -v awkDeviceFile=$deviceFile -v awkNumDevices=$numDevices ' BEGIN { print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopivallabha
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parse output and then compare column wise with awk

Hello, I am trying to write a script to parse the output of data and then alert based on certain conditions This is the output of my script (STRING) Name = Joe (FLOAT64) BMI = 34 (FLOAT64) Weight = 156 (STRING) Name = Sam (FLOAT64) BMI = 32 (FLOAT64) Weight = 180 and so on it repeats... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
4 Replies
CHDIR(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual							  CHDIR(2)

NAME
chdir, fchdir -- change current working directory SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int chdir(const char *path); int fchdir(int fildes); DESCRIPTION
The path argument points to the pathname of a directory. The chdir() function causes the named directory to become the current working directory, that is, the starting point for path searches of pathnames not beginning with a slash, '/'. The fchdir() function causes the directory referenced by fildes to become the current working directory, the starting point for path searches of pathnames not beginning with a slash, '/'. In order for a directory to become the current directory, a process must have execute (search) access to the directory. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, a value of 0 is returned. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The chdir() system call will fail and the current working directory will be unchanged if one or more of the following are true: [EACCES] Search permission is denied for any component of the path name. [EFAULT] Path points outside the process's allocated address space. [EIO] An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system. [ELOOP] Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating the pathname. This is taken to be indicative of a looping sym- bolic link. [ENAMETOOLONG] A component of a pathname exceeded {NAME_MAX} characters, or an entire path name exceeded {PATH_MAX} characters. [ENOENT] The named directory does not exist. [ENOTDIR] A component of the path prefix is not a directory. fchdir() will fail and the current working directory will be unchanged if one or more of the following are true: [EACCES] Search permission is denied for the directory referenced by the file descriptor. [EBADF] The argument fildes is not a valid file descriptor. [EINTR] fchdir() was interrupted by a signal. [EIO] An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system. [ENOTDIR] The file descriptor does not reference a directory. SEE ALSO
chroot(2) STANDARDS
The chdir() is expected to conform to IEEE Std 1003.1-1988 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
The fchdir() function call appeared in 4.2BSD. 4th Berkeley Distribution December 11, 1993 4th Berkeley Distribution