Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script test failing
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script test failing Post 302893816 by srimitta on Friday 21st of March 2014 08:28:41 AM
Old 03-21-2014
Thanks Don

Followed your suggestion and now script is running successfully.

Thanks
Markar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX script failing ....

Hi folks, I have written down a UNIX script which actually FTP the file to other server. What is happening now , this script is not working only for 1 server , as it is working for 32 different FTP server . In this particular server , we are getting message “FTp:550 access denied”... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khan1978
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF condition failing in a SSH script

Hi, I'm ssh-in to a remote machine (ubuntu) and trying to execute a little script in there.The script looks like this: ssh user@ubuntu <<EOF cd ~/test ls -l echo "Continue counting files starting with a`s ?" read answer if then ls -l a* else exit fi EOF Now everything works... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubionis
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

failing a unix script

i am basically DWH professional. I want to write a script such that whenver the file size is greather than 0 the script fails plz help me in this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: er_zeeshan05
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script failing on Solaris 10 and working on 8

I have a script and code is like this .. if ]; then it's compiling about @ . what's the wrong in Solaris 10 with this? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display which test in the if/else is failing

So I have a script that monitors my drives (/dev/sda and /dev/sdb) using smartctl (smartmontools). I'm by no means an expert in scripting, so this was my attempt at creating a way to email me if one of the values in smartctl output goes above a set threshold. My question is, I'm trying to edit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bound4h
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script help needed- script failing if router unavailable

Hey all. Sometimes I'm tasked to change some router configs for the entire network (over 3,000 Cisco routers). Most of the time its a global config parameter so its done with a loop and an IP list as its the same configuration change for all routers. This is working OK. However, sometimes an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkz1974
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP Failing - In Script

I create a file that may contain several full path name files on a remote Linux that are to be copied. This file, called AWKOUTPUT is created from another script. It contains: X/picture1.png The script is very simple ------------------------------------------- REMOTEDIR="/var/CC/Stuff"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohrsville12
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test file script - if evaluation failing

I have a following script to evaluate if file exist in the directory and then archive it. #!/bin/bash #master directory scriptdir="/flex/sh/interfaces" #change this path only - all other paths are connected with it filedir="/flex/interfaces" #change this path only - all other paths are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: viallos
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab script failing

Hello, A crontab script is failiing everyday but when we execute manually it runs fine Below is the script scheduled: 00 23 * * * sh /db2backup/scripts/db2_hot_backup.ksh TRAVFF > /dev/null 2>&1 Error: cat TRAVFF_online_04022014_2300.log Started : Wed Apr 2 23:00:00 EDT 2014... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PERL DBD make test on Linux failing

I am installing Oracle DBD to PERL 5.16.3 and during make test , I am running into this error :rm -f blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so LD_RUN_PATH="/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0/racdb11204/lib" gcc -m32 -shared -O2 -L/usr/local/lib -fstack-protector Oracle.o dbdimp.o oci8.o -o... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
3 Replies
ifplugd(8)						      System Manager's Manual							ifplugd(8)

NAME
ifplugd - A link detection daemon for ethernet devices SYNOPSIS
ifplugd [options] DESCRIPTION
ifplugd is a daemon which will automatically configure your ethernet device when a cable is plugged in and automatically unconfigure it if the cable is pulled. This is useful on laptops with on-board network adapters, since it will only configure the interface when a cable is really connected. It uses your distribution's native ifup/ifdown programs, but can be configured to do anything you wish when the state of the interface changes. It may ignore short unplugged whiles (-d option) or plugged whiles (-u option). ifplugd may be used in "compatibility mode" by specifying -F on the command line. Than ifplugd will treat network drivers which do not sup- port link beat querying as always online. OPTIONS
-a | --no-auto Do not enable interface automatically (default: off) -n | --no-daemon Do not daemonize (for debugging) (default: off) -s | --no-syslog Do not use syslog, use stdout instead (for debugging) (default: off). -b | --no-beep Do not beep (off) -f | --ignore-fail Ignore detection failure, retry instead. Failure is treated as "no link". (default: off) -F | --ignore-fail-positive Ignore detection failure, retry instead. Failure is treated as "link detected". (default: off) -i | --iface= IFACE Specify ethernet interface (default: eth0) -r | --run= EXEC Specify program to execute when link status changes (default: /etc/ifplugd/ifplugd.action) -I | --ignore-retval Don't exit on nonzero return value of program executed on link change. (default: off) -t | --poll-time= SECS Specify poll time in seconds (default: 1) -u | --delay-up= SECS Specify delay for configuring interface (default: 0) -d | --delay-down= SECS Specify delay for deconfiguring interface (default: 5) -m | --api-mode= MODE Force a specific link beat detection ioctl() API. Possible values are auto, iff, wlan, ethtool, mii, and priv for automatic detec- tion, interface flag (IFF_RUNNING), wireless extension, SIOCETHTOOL, SIOCGMIIREG resp. SIOCPRIV. Only the first character of the argument is relevant, case insensitive. (default: auto) -p | --no-startup Don't call the script to bring up network on deamon start (default: off) -q | --no-shutdown Don't call the script for network shutdown on deamon quit (default: off) -w | --wait-on-fork When daemonizing, wait until the background process finished with the initial link beat detection. When this is enabled, the parent process will return the link status on exit. 1 means link beat detected, 2 stands for link beat not detected, everything else is an error. -W | --wait-on-kill When killing a running daemon (with -k) wait until the daemon died. -x | --extra-arg= ARG Specify an extra argument to be passed to the action script. -M | --monitor Don't fail when the network interface is not available, instead use NETLINK to monitor device avaibility. The is useful for PCMCIA devices and similar. -h | --help Show help -k | --kill Kill a running daemon (Specify -i to select the daemon instance to kill) -c | --check-running Check if a daemon is running for a given network interface. Sets the return value to 0 if a daemon is already running or to 255 if not. -v | --version Show version -S | --supend Suspend a running daemon. The daemon will no longer check the link status until it is resumed (-R) again. (Specify -i to select the daemon instance to suspend.) -R | --resume Resume a suspended daemon. (Specify -i to select the daemon instance to resume.) -z | --info Request that a running daemon shall write its status information to syslog. (Specify -i to select the daemon instance to send the request to.) FILES
/etc/ifplugd/ifplugd.conf: this file is sourced by the init script /etc/init.d/ifplugd and contains the interface to be monitored and the options to be used. /etc/ifplugd/ifplugd.action: this is the script which will be called by the daemon whenever the state of the interface changes. It takes two areguments: the first is the interface name (eg. eth0), the second either "up" or "down". /var/run/ifplugd.<iface>.pid: the pid file for ifplugd. ENVIRONMENT
The action script will be called with two environment variables set: IFPLUGD_PREVIOUS The previous link status. Either "up", "down", "error" or "disabled". The former values should be obvious, the latter is set on daemon startup. IFPLUGD_CURRENT The current link status. See above for possible values. SIGNALS
SIGINT, SIGTERM ifplugd will quit, possibly running the shutdown script. This is issued by passing -k to ifplugd. SIGQUIT ifplugd will quit, the shutdown script is never run. SIGHUP ifplugd will write its status information to syslog. This is issued by -z. SIGUSR1 ifplugd will go to suspend mode. (-S) SIGUSR2 ifplugd will resume from suspend mode. (-R) AUTHOR
ifplugd was written by Lennart Poettering <mzvscyhtq (at) 0pointer (dot) de>. ifplugd is available at http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/ifplugd/ SEE ALSO
ifplugd.conf(5), ifup(8), interfaces(5), ifconfig(8), ifplugstatus(8) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xmltoman(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User ifplugd(8)