Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script inside shell script Post 302893775 by temp_user on Friday 21st of March 2014 04:15:58 AM
Old 03-21-2014
Thank you prav_chidugulla, i was able to solve the issue.
Thank you Scrutinizer, although i didnot try your way, but thanks for your time..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run unix commands in a new shell inside a shell script?

Hi , I am having one situation in which I need to run some simple unix commands after doing "chroot" command in a shell script. Which in turn creates a new shell. So scenario is that - I need to have one shell script which is ran as a part of crontab - in this shell script I need to do a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkapil
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rlogin inside a c-shell script

Hi Forumers, Sorry if it's really simple, but I couldn't find a way out. :( I've to do something like this in a script (csh): <some commands, variable settings, scripts> rlogin different_server <some commands, variable settings, scripts> After "rlogin", it shows the prompt of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitgarg
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoking a shell script inside cgi shell script

Hi, I have an HTML form through which I get some text as input. i need to run a shell script say script.sh inside a perl-cgi script named main_cgi.sh on the form input. I want to write the contents of the form in a file and then perform some command line operations like grep, cat on the text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smriti_shridhar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a perl script inside a shell script

Hi all, I have the following snippet of code.. #!/bin/sh echo "run perl script............" #Run the verification script perl bill_ver echo " perl script completed....." echo "rename files......" #Remove from all file in the directories test, test1, test2, test3 for f in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run shell script inside expect script?

I have the code like this : shell script continues ... .... expect -c" spawn telnet $ip expect "login:" send \"$usrname\r\" expect "Password:" send \"$passwd\r\" expect "*\>" send \"$cmdstr\r\" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robbiezr
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script inside a perl script

How to write a shell script inside a perl script code? It is possible or not. Actually i have a perl script code and i need some values from the shell script code and vice-versa i.e. some values of shell script use by the perl scipt and some values of perl script use by the shell script. So how can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anupdas
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect script inside shell script not working.

Shell Scipt: temp.sh su - <$username> expect pass.exp Expect script: pass.exp #!/usr/bin/expect -f # Login ####################### expect "Password: " send "<$password>\r" it comes up with Password: but doesnt take password passed throguh file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavesh.sapra
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nohup inside shell script

Hi, I want to run another script inside shelll script in nohup mode. let explain. under the same folder ,I have two scripts scrone.sh scrtwo.sh In scrone.sh if then nohup ./scrtwo.sh & echo " Script two has been run correctly" else echo " Exiting from the script" fi If... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge Expect script inside shell script?

Hi I have two scripts one is Expect and other is shell. I want to merge Expect code in to Shell script so that i can run it using only one script. Can somebody help me out ? Order to execute: Run Expect_install.sh first and then when installation completes run runTests.sh shell script. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish_neekhra
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture run time of python script executed inside shell script

I have bash shell script which is internally calling python script.I would like to know how long python is taking to execute.I am not allowed to do changes in python script.Please note i need to know execution time of python script which is getting executed inside shell .I need to store execution... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adfire
2 Replies
ppmquantall(1)						      General Commands Manual						    ppmquantall(1)

NAME
ppmquantall - run ppmquant on a bunch of files all at once, so they share a common colormap SYNOPSIS
ppmquantall [-ext extension] ncolors ppmfile ... DESCRIPTION
Takes a bunch of portable pixmap as input. Chooses ncolors colors to best represent all of the images, maps the existing colors to the new ones, and overwrites the input files with the new quantized versions. If you don't want to overwrite your input files, use the -ext option. The output files are then named the same as the input files, plus a period and the extension text you specify. Verbose explanation: Let's say you've got a dozen pixmaps that you want to display on the screen all at the same time. Your screen can only display 256 different colors, but the pixmaps have a total of a thousand or so different colors. For a single pixmap you solve this problem with ppmquant; this script solves it for multiple pixmaps. All it does is concatenate them together into one big pixmap, run ppmquant on that, and then split it up into little pixmaps again. (Note that another way to solve this problem is to pre-select a set of colors and then use ppmquant's -map option to separately quantize each pixmap to that set.) SEE ALSO
ppmquant(1), ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 27 July 1990 ppmquantall(1)