Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script to insert a line
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script to insert a line Post 302893507 by alister on Wednesday 19th of March 2014 02:28:16 PM
Old 03-19-2014
Simple sed for first request:
Code:
sed '/^600 /a\
900 87 65'

Regards,
Alister

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to insert new line in the data file using the script

Hi all, I have a test.dat file.In that file i have many lines of data. IN between some lines i want to insert a new line while running the test.ksh. Say for ex: In the dat file i have data like N001 100.00 N001 200.00 N001 300.00 N001 400.00 <== After this line i want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sona
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Script to insert colons in each line of file

I have a file with over 500 MAC addresses. Each address is on a new line. However, the MACs do not have ":" I need a script that will read the file, line by line and insert colons in the addresses and then print the results to a new file. current.txt looks like this 111111111111 222222222222... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: canopus15
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to compare and insert a line

Hi I want to compare a string at fixed position 10-20 for all the lines starting with 6. if they dont match it should take a copy of a line starting with 1 and insert it before the line starting with 6. How do i this? Please help Eg 1 test 1 765533 7643743 6 yes 3 5363653 373833 7... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: appsguy616
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to parse a line and insert a word

Hi All, I have a file like this, data1,data2,,,data5,data6. i want to write a shell script to replace data3 with "/example/string". which means my data file should look like this . data1,data2,example/string],,data5,data6. Could you guys help me to get a sed command or any other command... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script : log to txt and insert new line everytime

Hi, I have this script, while do ps ax|grep 5060 > log.txt echo " " sleep 1 done } I want to actually put a new line everytime the loop is executed in log.txt , but I do not know how to "embed" the echo " " inside the log.txt. (so to say... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: peuceul
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell script to insert at specific line

Hi, I am trying to put together a Korn Shell script to insert at a specific line. The system we use is SunOS 5.10 I can get the line number by using:- num=`sed -n '/export ENV/=' ./tmp.file` Not getting much headway using the above variable's value to insert - export SYBASE=/opt/sybase15... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aj8200
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - How to insert line before the first blank line following a token

Hello. I have a config file (/etc/my_config_file) which may content : # # port for HTTP (descriptions, SOAP, media transfer) traffic port=8200 # network interfaces to serve, comma delimited network_interface=eth0 # set this to the directory you want scanned. # * if have multiple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a text file line by line and insert into a database table?

I have a test file that I want to read and insert only certain lines into the the table based on a filter. 1. Rread the log file 12 Hours back Getdate() -12 Hours 2. Extract the following information on for lines that say "DUMP is complete" A. Date B. Database Name C.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JolietJake
2 Replies

9. Solaris

sed insert into line 1 via script

Hi I am trying to run a sed command within a script..unfortunately it wasn't written on Solaris so doesn't work. Can anyone help with the correct coding please? It is: sed -i '1i ROWID;ORDER_ID;JOB_NAME;ORDER_TABLE' ${OUTFILE} (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Insert a line of text on nth line of a file

Hi All, I am using UNix Sun OS sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise My intention is to insert a line of text after 13th line of every file inside a particular directory. While trying to do it for a single file , i am using sed sed '3 i this is the 4th line' filename sed: command garbled: 3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
5 Replies
Net::Sieve::Script::Rule(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Net::Sieve::Script::Rule(3pm)

NAME
Net::Sieve::Script::Rule - parse and write rules in sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
use Net::Sieve::Script::Rule; my $pRule = Net::Sieve::Script::Rule->new ( ctrl => $ctrl, test_list => $test_list, block => $block, order => $order ); or my $rule = Net::Sieve::Script::Rule->new(); my $cond = Net::Sieve::Script::Condition->new('header'); $cond->match_type(':contains'); $cond->header_list('"Subject"'); $cond->key_list('"Re: Test2"'); my $actions = 'fileinto "INBOX.test"; stop;'; $rule->add_condition($cond); $rule->add_action($actions); print $rule->write; DESCRIPTION
CONSTRUCTOR
new Arguments : order => : optionnal set priority for rule ctrl => : optionnal default 'if', else could be 'else', 'elsif' or 'vacation' test_list => : optionnal conditions by string or by Condition Object block => : optionnal block of commands Returns : Net::Sieve::Script::Rule object Set accessors alternate : as param ctrl conditions : first condition in tree actions : array of actions objects priority : rule order in script, main id for rule require : METHODS
equals return 1 if rules are equals write Return rule in text format write_condition set require for used conditions return conditions in text format write_action set require for used actions return actions in text format delete_condition Purpose : delete condition by rule, delete all block on delete anyof/allof delete single anyof/allof block : single condition move up Arguments : condition id Returns : 1 on success, 0 on error add_condition Purpose : add condition to rule, add 'allof' group on second rule Arguments : string or Condition object Returns : new condition id or 0 on error swap_actions swap actions by order return 1 on succes, 0 on failure find_action find action by order Returns: Net::Sieve::Script::Action object, 0 on error delete_action delete action by order, first is 1; add_action Purpose : add action at end of block Arguments : command line or command line list with ; separator or Net::Sieve::Script::Action object Return : 1 on success AUTHOR
Yves Agostini CPAN ID: YVESAGO Univ Metz agostini@univ-metz.fr http://www.crium.univ-metz.fr COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.0 2008-09-15 Net::Sieve::Script::Rule(3pm)