Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert awk line into perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert awk line into perl Post 302893489 by numele on Wednesday 19th of March 2014 01:27:57 PM
Old 03-19-2014
I made some updates to the script and it works, may not very beautiful, but it does what I need to look at the first and second line after the string match.
Code:
foreach my $host (@HOST){
my $out_fh = "$CONFIG_DIR/$host";
open (FILE, "<$out_fh") or die "Can't open $out_fh";
     my @lines = <FILE>;
     my $lines; my $i;
     for $i(0..$#lines) {
        next unless $lines[$i] =~ /$loopback/;
           my $a = $i + 1 < 0 ? 0 : $i + 1;;
           my $b = $i + 2 < 0 ? 0 : $i + 2;;
             for $i($a) {
                if ($lines[$i] =~ /ip address/) {
                   my ($out) = (split / /, $lines[$i])[4];
                   $out = (split /\//, $out)[0];
                   print "$out\n";
                }
              }
             for $i($b) {
                if ($lines[$i] =~ /ip address/) {
                   my ($out) = (split / /, $lines[$i])[4];
                   $out = (split /\//, $out)[0];
                   print "$out\n";
                }
              }
      }
close (FILE);
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete the last line in a file using AWK or PERL

Is it possible to delete the last line in a file usin awk or perl? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman_jakkula
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to perl convert

Dear Collegue Do anybody help me to convert this AWK script to Perl script { for (i = 2; i <= length ($0); i++) { x = substr($0, i , 1) if (c > 0) { b = b x if (x == "(") c++ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk convert from line to column

i have an output like this : 012008 25760883 022008 12273095 032007 10103 032008 10115642 042007 20952798 but i would like to have it like this 012008,25760883 022008,12273095 032007,10103 032008,10115642 042007,20952798 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jarmouda
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: how to convert perl script to awk in windows2003 server environment

For the following perl script, can anyone help to convert it to awk statement in windows2003 server environment ? Code: foreach $k (sort {$a <=> $b} keys %psnum) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tojzz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete more than one line awk or perl

Hi all! How can a file be rid of three lines in sequence like the sample below: ... </s> <s> <w></w> </s> <s> ...to get: ... </s> <s> ... Note that the digits between square brackets may be more than one, comprising a comma, or a full-stop; and that the string between brackets... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjomba
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on Perl array / sorting - trying to convert Korn Shell Script to Perl

Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the programming forum, but I believe it will get more response under the Shell Programming and Scripting FORUM. Am trying to write a customized df script in Perl and need some help with regards to using arrays and file handlers. At the moment am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert awk command to Perl

Hi all; I have a Perl script that uses this awk command wrapped in a "system" call; it works exactly as I want it; however I want to keep this a Perl script and have very few if any "system" command...so the question; can someone help me code this in Perl please ... i have tried an now I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with convert awk script into perl

Input file (a list of input file name with *.txt extension): campus.com_icmp_ping_alive.txt data_local_cd_httpd.txt data_local_cd.txt new_local_cd_mysql.txt new_local_cd_nagios_content.txt Desired output file: data local_cd_httpd data local_cd new local_cd_mysql new ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed - Convert 2 lines to 1 line

Hi, Just trying to get to grips with sed and awk for some reporting for work and I need some assistance: I have a file that lists policy names on the first line and then on the second line whether the policy is active or not. Policy Name: Policy1 Active: yes Policy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: guinch
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert rows into columns using awk or perl

hi friends, i am able to parse cvs diff file using bit of cut and grep commands to produce following output in text file '''cvs-diff.txt''' Package-Name = dev-freetype. Old-Version = 2.4.8 New-Version = 2.4.10 Patches-removed = freetype-2.4.8-cross-compile.patch... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexzander18
2 Replies
CURLOPT_RESOLVE(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options						CURLOPT_RESOLVE(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_RESOLVE - provide custom host name to IP address resolves SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_RESOLVE, struct curl_slist *hosts); DESCRIPTION
Pass a pointer to a linked list of strings with host name resolve information to use for requests with this handle. The linked list should be a fully valid list of struct curl_slist structs properly filled in. Use curl_slist_append(3) to create the list and curl_slist_free_all(3) to clean up an entire list. Each single name resolve string should be written using the format HOST:PORT:ADDRESS where HOST is the name libcurl will try to resolve, PORT is the port number of the service where libcurl wants to connect to the HOST and ADDRESS is the numerical IP address. If libcurl is built to support IPv6, ADDRESS can of course be either IPv4 or IPv6 style addressing. This option effectively pre-populates the DNS cache with entries for the host+port pair so redirects and everything that operations against the HOST+PORT will instead use your provided ADDRESS. Addresses set with CURLOPT_RESOLVE(3) will not time-out from the DNS cache like ordi- nary entries. The provided ADDRESS set by this option will be used even if CURLOPT_IPRESOLVE(3) is set to make libcurl use another IP version. Remove names from the DNS cache again, to stop providing these fake resolves, by including a string in the linked list that uses the format "-HOST:PORT". The host name must be prefixed with a dash, and the host name and port number must exactly match what was already added pre- viously. DEFAULT
NULL PROTOCOLS
All EXAMPLE
CURL *curl; struct curl_slist *host = NULL; host = curl_slist_append(NULL, "example.com:80:127.0.0.1"); curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_RESOLVE, host); curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "http://example.com"); curl_easy_perform(curl); /* always cleanup */ curl_easy_cleanup(curl); } curl_slist_free_all(host); AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.21.3. Removal support added in 7.42.0. RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_IPRESOLVE(3), CURLOPT_DNS_CACHE_TIMEOUT(3), CURLOPT_CONNECT_TO(3), libcurl 7.54.0 May 17, 2016 CURLOPT_RESOLVE(3)