Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script for creating symbolic links to my photos (*.JPG) Post 302893186 by Chubler_XL on Monday 17th of March 2014 10:13:00 PM
Old 03-17-2014
try:

Code:
f=$(pwd);
export f
find 2006/. \( -name "*.CR2" -o -name "*.JPG" \) -execdir sh -c 'ln -s "$PWD"/$(basename {}) "$f"/2006_Links/Link_$(basename {})' {} \;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding symbolic links

How can I find all symbolic links across the network to a directory (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehtad
2 Replies

2. AIX

Symbolic Links

I am linking a directory as follows: ln -sf /home/xxx/userid/real_files/* /home/xxx/userid/linked_files This gives me symbolic links for all the files in the real_files directory in the linked_files directory. My question is, if I go and remove a file in the real_files directory and then go... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcarnesiii
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh Script to Generate Symbolic Links

I'm writing a ksh script which will reference a text file I have to create symbolic links for my application: --file contents-- Link Directory Link Source Link Name /users/05/dwisconbug bin link2bin Now, this should create the following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwisconbug
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Symbolic Links - BASH Script

Hi all, This is my first message in this forum. I'd like to know if there is a nice way to get the complete path from a symbolic link. Example: When I do a ls -ltr I see this output. lrwxr-xr-x 1 mmmm users 66 Sep 4 09:58 LINK_SEND ->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rodrimuino
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Will creating symbolic links affect users

Hi, I have a quick question with regards to creating symbolic links. Would creating a symbolic link from one directory to a file in another cause any issues for users that are currently logged into the box. I don't believe it will unless they are using the file in question, but I would like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chains
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic Links

Hi all, I have scoured the entire forum for this but to no avail unfortunately. Basically, I would like to remove my symbolic link from my folder name i.e. foldername -> /a/b/c/d/f where f is indeed a folder. I have tried rmdir but this does not work and in actual fact deletes the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissioning for symbolic links

I've just started using UNIX in a Linux vmplayer. I'm trying to run the command: ln -s `pwd`/$1 `python -c "from distutils.sysconfig import get_python_lib; print get_python_lib()"`/$1 in a script from an online tutorial, but I keep getting an error message: ln: creating symbolic link... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChipT
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change symbolic links via script

Hello, the install routine puts automatically the servername "SERVER" in the symlink like: hello.txt --> /SERVER/usr/lpp/hello.txt world.txt --> /SERVER/usr/lpp/world.txt ... but i need to change this symlinks (without servername) to: hello.txt --> /usr/lpp/hello.txt world.txt -->... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smitty11
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic links in UNIX

Hi, I have a file with more than 1 layers of soft links for it. For ex. ls -la .profile .profile@ -> /home/act/.profile_abc ls -la /home/act/.profile_abc@ -> .profile_final I want to get the name of the last file (i.e. .profile_final) when I refer to .profile using shell script. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Symbolic links

Soft link,Hard link brief explanation (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RAJU KAVATI
1 Replies
MAPIVI(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 MAPIVI(1)

NAME
MaPiVi - Picture Viewer and Organizer MaPiVi means Martin's Picture Viewer DESCRIPTION
JPEG picture viewer / image management system with meta info support written in Perl/Tk for UNIX, Mac OS X and Windows. I wrote mapivi just for me, because I needed a image viewer which is also able to display and edit meta infos of JPEG pictures, like EXIF, JPEG comments and IPTC/IIM infos. As hobby photographer I am mostly interested in the EXIF infos (like timestamp, camera model, focal length, exposure time, aperture, etc.) and the possibility to add and edit IPTC infos and JPEG comments. But I also want to rename pictures according to their internal date/time and to do lossless rotation, lossless cropping and other stuff. mapivi can be found here: http://mapivi.de.vu (link to the mapivi site) or if this won't work: http://herrmanns-stern.de (real site) http://sourceforge.net/projects/mapivi (download) I would be happy to receive some feedback (e.g. on which os mapivi works), bugfixes, patches or suggestions about mapivi. Copyright (c) 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 Martin Herrmann All rights reserved. Feel free to redistribute. Enjoy! USAGE
mapivi [-i ] [file|folder] to display a certain picture use: mapivi picture.jpg mapivi will generate and display all pictures in the folder as thumbnails. The given picture will be displayed in original size or zoomed to fit the window (picture frame). to view a folder containing pictures use: mapivi ~/pics/ mapivi will generate and display all pictures in the given folder as thumbnails. to start mapivi with the import wizard mapivi -i KEYS
mapivi is controlled by the following keys: see also menu Help->Keys (the list is generated from the source code and is always actual.) Space, Page-Down Show the next picture in folder BackSpace, Page-Up Show the previous picture in folder Escape Iconify MaPiVi (Boss-Key :) Cursor-up, -down, -left, -right Scroll the picture, if it's bigger than the Canvas Shift-Cursor-up, -down, -left, -right Move to the border of the picture, if it's bigger than the Canvas q Quit MaPiVi For all other key bindings, see the menu Help->Keys MOUSE
Try the right mouse button in the thumbnail picture list for a popup menu to copy, move, rename, rotate or delete pictures, to open a new folder, to add or remove comments or to exit MaPiVi. Use the buttons to add, edit or remove JPG comments, or to display all EXIF infos. If you hold the mouse over the buttons or labels a help message will pop up (or at least at most of them :). perl v5.10.0 2009-04-03 MAPIVI(1)