Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Print continues names
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print continues names Post 302892996 by Yoda on Sunday 16th of March 2014 04:43:47 PM
Old 03-16-2014
Bash:
Code:
echo tape{1000..1005}

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to print file names in a certain date range using ls

I need to list only file names of a specific date from the command ls -lt. :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shamwari
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the files names that being searched

Hello all Im doing search in jar files using this oneLiener : find . -name "*.jar" -print -exec jar -tvf {} \; | grep -n \/someClassName.class but I also will like to see the jar file names that the grep succeed the search What I need to add to this command so it will give the file names? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print column names along with values from SQL

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to print the column name anong with the value from the table in shell script e.g #!/bin/ksh var=`sqlplus scott/tiger << -e set heading off feedback off select * from emp; quit; e` echo $var My output should be; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thana
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print numbers along with file names.

Hi All, I have some thousand files with names like 1.syl, 2.syl, 5.syl etc. These files contain one sentence each. I want to store all those sentences along with the file ID that is 1, 2, 5 with the sentences they contain. For example, 1.syl has this is a test line 2.syl has ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print unique names in a specific column using awk

Is it possible to modify file like this. 1. Remove all the duplicate names in a define column i.e 4th col 2. Count the no.of unique names separated by ";" and print as a 5th col thanx in advance!! Q input c1 30 3 Eh2 c10 96 3 Frp c41 396 3 Ua5;Lop;Kol;Kol c62 2 30 Fmp;Fmp;Fmp ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print file names in a loop

OS : RHEL 6.1 Shell : Bash I have lots of files in /tmp/stage directory as show below. Using a loop, I need to print all the filenames in this directory except those ending with a number. How can I do this ? # pwd /tmp/stage # # # ls -l * -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 0 Oct 7 18:38 stmt1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find 2 occurrences of a word and print file names

I was thinking something like this but it always gets rid of the file location. grep -roh base. | wc -l find . -type f -exec grep -o base {} \; | wc -l Would this be a job for awk? Would I need to store the file locations in an array? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk question - print columns with names

I found this command and would like to know what it means: gawk 'NR==1{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++)if($i~/FE/)f=i}{for(i=0;i<n;i++)printf"%s%s",i?" ":"",$f;print""}' It seems to mean if the row =1 assign i to that row, and then if FE is in the top row /column then increment and print the row. I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the output with different file names

I have a python script that gives output called test.png. By using the following command I run the script every 2 seconds. What is the easiest way to save the output as follows ( test.png (1st output), tes1.png (second output), tes2.png ....) Command I i use while sleep 2; do python... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for names in one list in another and print results

Hi All , New to the Bash / Shell programming world and looking for some help I have two files 1: Contains a list of names : eg STEVE BOB CRAIG 2: Contains information with those included names but also others that are not in the list (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lonerg550
1 Replies
HEAD(1) 							   User Commands							   HEAD(1)

NAME
head - output the first part of files SYNOPSIS
head [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Print the first 10 lines of each FILE to standard output. With more than one FILE, precede each with a header giving the file name. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --bytes=[-]N print the first N bytes of each file; with the leading `-', print all but the last N bytes of each file -n, --lines=[-]N print the first N lines instead of the first 10; with the leading `-', print all but the last N lines of each file -q, --quiet, --silent never print headers giving file names -v, --verbose always print headers giving file names --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit N may have a multiplier suffix: b 512, kB 1000, K 1024, MB 1000*1000, M 1024*1024, GB 1000*1000*1000, G 1024*1024*1024, and so on for T, P, E, Z, Y. AUTHOR
Written by David MacKenzie and Jim Meyering. REPORTING BUGS
Report head bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for head is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and head programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'head invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 7.1 July 2010 HEAD(1)