Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris IPMP in the Service Domain (Oracle VM Sparc) Post 302892504 by Peasant on Thursday 13th of March 2014 05:46:56 AM
Old 03-13-2014
I was thinking you want to use ipmp on control domain (primary).

If you want to use IPMP inside guest domain, you will need to add one interfaces from each of the VSW's and make ipmp inside guest ldom.

You cannot assign created ipmp interfaces on control domain to guest domains.

So
Code:
ldm add-vnet vnet0 primary-sw0 <guest ldom> # ( interface name vnet can be named as you like)
ldm add-vnet vnet1 primary-sw1 <guest ldom>

Login to guest ldom and configure ipmp from two interfaces you just added

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Oracle Linux on SPARC

Hi Oracle Linux users, You can probably guess from the title what the question is: Does anyone know if Oracle Linux (the Unbreakable variety I think that is) comes in a SPARC release or, if not, will there be one some time soon ? Many thanks, P;):D:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patcom
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Service error on sparc server running solaris 10

Hi, I am getting following service error on one of the sparc servers running solaris 10 - Code : $ svcs -a | grep "maintenance" maintenance Nov_08 svc:/application/management/sma:default $ svcs -xv svc:/application/management/sma:default (net-snmp SNMP daemon) State: maintenance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunadmin
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Can we configure link based IPMP in private connectivity in Oracle RAC

Hi I would like to know whether we can configure link based IPMP in private connectivity in Oracle RAC Regarsd ---------- Post updated at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:27 PM ---------- Here I am taking about in case of private connectivity through cross cable (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
6 Replies

4. Solaris

SunOS sun4v sparc ntp service in maintenance mode.

Hi experts, This is a production server. Host information's are below SunOS hostname_srv 5.10 Generic_150400-09 sun4v sparc sun4v Now issue with ntp service, This host have zone in it with 9 hosts, Every hosts have ntp service issue. While i check for the service status it's in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Oracle VM for SPARC - control/io domain dilemna

Hi all, My internal SAS disks (4 of them) are all sitting on the same controller/pcie device which is now being own by my default primary aka io aka control domain. I have created a vdisk server, that serves slices on these 4 disks to guest domain and everything is working fine. The issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
2 Replies

6. Solaris

When do you need a separate service/IO domain?

Looking at latest recommendations - http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/vm/ovmsparc-best-practices-2334546.pdf - specifically regarding domain roles. At the moment, we just have a physical host, primary control domain and then guest ldoms. We then export things like vdisks,vnet etc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies
PAM_GUEST(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      PAM_GUEST(8)

NAME
pam_guest -- Guest PAM module SYNOPSIS
[service-name] module-type control-flag pam_guest [arguments] DESCRIPTION
The guest service module for PAM allows guest logins. If successful, the pam_guest module sets the PAM environment variable GUEST to the login name. The application can check this variable using pam_getenv(3) to differentiate guest logins from normal logins. The following options may be passed to the pam_guest module: guests=list Comma-separated list of guest account names. The default is ``guest''. A typical value for ftpd(8) would be ``anonymous,ftp''. nopass Omits the password prompt if the target account is on the list of guest accounts. pass_as_ruser The password typed in by the user is exported as the PAM_RUSER item. This is useful for applications like ftpd(8) where guest users are encouraged to use their email address as password. pass_is_user Requires the guest user to type in the guest account name as password. SEE ALSO
pam_get_item(3), pam_getenv(3), pam.conf(5), pam(8) AUTHORS
The pam_guest module and this manual page were developed for the FreeBSD Project by ThinkSec AS and NAI Labs, the Security Research Division of Network Associates, Inc. under DARPA/SPAWAR contract N66001-01-C-8035 (``CBOSS''), as part of the DARPA CHATS research program. BSD
May 26, 2003 BSD