Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Consolidated output in shell script Post 302892494 by anbu23 on Thursday 13th of March 2014 03:27:00 AM
Old 03-13-2014
Code:
awk 'NR<3 ; /^-/{getline; print}' part.log

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Output

I'm trying to automate numerous grep searches via shell scripting. However, the output of echo is ONE line whereas grepping from the command line would give line breaks as seen in the file. For example: test.txt: 12345 - hi 12345 - how 54321 - are 12345 - you grep output would be:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharpi03
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to get consolidated result from logs

already have a file with below details request 1 | 2 request 2 | 3 request 1 | 4 request 2 | 5 result required in third file request 1 | 6 request 2 | 8 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[How To?] Run shell script and get output into another shell.

Hi guys, I have a simple question, I want to store the output of the following command: As you can see it is running all the time, and we get a new line every 3sec. I just want to store these new lines into a single variable, so I can use it into a script. To clear the screen, and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thireus
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script no output

xxxxxx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayrao
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script output

Hi All, Below is the shell script for which desired output is required: Shell script: #!/bin/bash . /oracle/TEST/db/tech_st/11.1.0/TEST_<hostname>.env sqlplus /nolog << EOF connect / as sysdba spool /home/oracle/db_output.log @lockwait.sql prompt Database Locks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a1_win
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List no. of files in a directory/sub dir's and also an consolidated report as required

Need help on below query asap. Thanks. The below is the directory structure: /home/suren under /suren the following are the directories /bin /log /error /bin contains the following files abc.txt bcd.ksh cde.sh wer.ksh ghi (file with out any extension) /log contains the following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureng
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script function to use script name for log file output

Hi Team - I"m very new to Shell Scripting so I have a rather novice question. My forte is Windows Batch Scripting so I was just wondering what the Shell Script equivalent is to the DOS command %~n? %~n is a DOS variable that dispayed the script name. For instance (in DOS): REM... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script for consolidated email

Hi, I am working on the below script to get a disk usage report in email from multiple unix systems but the problem I am getting first email with 1 system and second email with 2 systems and finally third email with all 3 systems :) Can someone please let me know how I can get single email... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2prog
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script to run a script which don't get terminated and send a pattern from the output by mail

Hi Guys, I am very new to shell script and I need your help here to write a script. Actually, I have a script abc.sh which don't get terminated itself. So I need to design a script to run this script, save the output to a file, search for a given string in the output and if it exists send those... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambit Sahu
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to call and sort awk script and output

I'm trying to create a shell script that takes a awk script that I wrote and a filename as an argument. I was able to get that done but I'm having trouble figuring out how to keep the header of the output at the top but sort the rest of the rows alphabetically. This is what I have now but it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eric7giants
1 Replies
NYSHELL(1)						      General Commands Manual							NYSHELL(1)

NAME
nyshell - tool to generate shell scripts to build nypatchy output SYNOPSIS
nyshell logfile options cradle [ print ] [ .go ] DESCRIPTION
nyshell is a tool in the Nypatchy suite of programs for working with Patchy Master Files (PAM files); see nypatchy(1). Specifically, given the log file of a nypatchy run, it can create a shell script to compile all the source code files output by nypatchy. This program is sim- ilar to fcasplit except that it takes the log file as input instead of a source file, and it remembers which source code files have already been compiled in previous runs. USAGE
logfile is the name of the log file coming from nypatchy, with a default extension of ".log". A cradle file cradle may be given to add additional setup options such as desired compilers or compiler flags to use. (See the reference manual for more details.) print is the file to which informational output should be written (the default is standard output if omitted), and options is a sequence of single-char- acter flags. This program generates a shell script file named name.shfca (with name being the part of logfile sans extension) that can be run to build all object files. The file name.xqtlog "remembers" the current state. The command should be ended with ".go" unless one wants to enter the Nypatchy interactive shell. OPTIONS
Note that options should be given as a single string of characters with no space separation and no use of the - character (except that it can be used in place of the options field if no options are desired). Alphabetic options are not case-sensitive. A Force recompilation of all routines. B Bypass tests based on the .xqtlog file. E Bypass tests based on the .xqtlog file if it is empty. H Print help information only. Q "quick" - Do not print the setup. S Print the setup only (only together with H). U "up to date" - Check that all .o files are ready to go into a library. V "verbose" - Print the complete setup. SEE ALSO
fcasplit(1), nycheck(1), nydiff(1), nyindex(1), nylist(1), nypatchy(1), nymerge(1), nysynopt(1), nytidy(1), yexpand(1) The reference manual for the Nypatchy suite of programs is available in compressed PostScript format at the following URL: http://wwwasdoc.web.cern.ch/wwwasdoc/psdir/p5refman.ps.gz Running the command "nyshell help .no" also gives some brief help on usage. Running the command "nyshell - hs .no" prints the default set- up (compiler names and options) to be used in the generated shell scripts. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Kevin McCarty <kmccarty@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). It is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later (at your choice). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) Kevin B. McCarty, 2008. Mar 12, 2008 NYSHELL(1)