Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove the complete line? Post 302892401 by linuxpenguin on Wednesday 12th of March 2014 02:10:10 PM
Old 03-12-2014
just to be a little more careful

egrep -w -v "^3" <filename>

would be little more safer. I do see a space/tab in the above regex, but a -w will ensure you are deleting like that as your id as the first 'word'

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ls -R command but need complete path name on each line

Can anyone help me with the following: I need to traverse subdirectories to create a list of files with the pathname. For example, here's what I get with a simple ls -alR command: /MAIN/data/30007390 dte2>>ls -alR .: total 2 drwxrwx--- 4 ecfadmin staff 96 Oct 24 18:35 . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: condor4-2
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using the Esc key to complete command line typing

Dear Techs, In the past on a different box (HP) I use to be able to complete something I was typing by entering a portion of the filename in the pwd and I would hit the Esc key and it would match the rest of the filename. I did this without understanding how it was setup. Now I am on a new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jxh461
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete a word and complete line

Hi Canone please provide me solution how can achieve the result below: File1.txt $ sweet appleŁ1 scotish green $ This is a test1 $ sweet mangoŁ2 asia yellow $ This is a test 2 $ sweet apple red (there is no pound symbol here) germany green (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aejaz
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH complete-filename & menu-complete together

Hi, Does anyone know how to make BASH provide a list of possible completions on the first tab, and then start cycling through the possibilites on the next tab? Right now this is what I have in my .bashrc: bind "set show-all-if-ambiguous on" bind \\C-o:menu-complete This allows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mithu
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a line on positions before reading complete line

Hi, I want to split before reading the complete line as the line is very big and its throwing out of memory. can you suggest. when i say #cat $inputFile | while read eachLine and use the eachLine to split its throwing out of memory as the line size is more than 10000000 characters. Can you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading complete line after spaces

Hi, I am reading data from a variable which has spaces in it. I want to get the data after first space, i.e. if my data line is "My Name is Ashish...", I want the data returned as "Name is Ashish". I am using #!/bin/sh shell. Please help me with the code to read the complete data after first... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gupt_ash
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can grep command return word instead of complete line

Hi Is there any way GREP command can return word and not complete line. My file has following data: Hello Everyone I am NitinrajSrivastava Hi Friends Welcome VrajSrivastava I am using grep 'raj' which is returning me complete line.However I want only the word having keyword 'raj'. Required... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read complete line

Hello all, I have following line and want to search the exact match in text file. 30 6 * * * /data/abc/abc.ksh -f xya.sql -xyz@email -x -c -g I have tried it many ways like grep -W ,sed,etc.... but could not find the solution. The above line i am storing it in one variable called... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anyera
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the complete line based on position as input

Hi , I have a text file like below abcd2223232321212121324343 asdsfffhfgfgfhgfhghghghghghgh dfdfdfgfghfgfgfgfgfgghghghghgh dfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdf 1234567890sasasasfdfbffghffhf abcd222323232121212abcdsds in the above file i need to grep and print the lines if 14th to 18th... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindj80
4 Replies
XmTabListInsertTabs(library call)										 XmTabListInsertTabs(library call)

NAME
XmTabListInsertTabs -- A convenience function that inserts tabs into a tab list SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> XmTabList XmTabListInsertTabs( XmTabList oldlist, XmTab *tabs, Cardinal tab_count, int position); DESCRIPTION
XmTabListInsertTabs creates a new tab list that includes the tabs in oldlist. This function copies specified tabs to the tab list at the given position. The first tab_count tabs of the tabs array are added to the tab list. If oldlist is NULL, XmTabListInsertTabs creates a new tab list containing only the tabs specified. oldlist Specifies the tab list to add the tabs to. The function deallocates oldlist after extracting the required information. tabs Specifies a pointer to the tabs to be added to the tab list. It is the caller's responsibility to free the tabs in tabs by using XmTabFree. tab_count Specifies the number of tabs in tabs. position Specifies the position of the first new tab in the tab list. A value of 0 (zero) makes the first new tab the first tab in the tab list, a value of 1 makes it the second tab, and so on. If position is greater than the number of tabs in oldlist, then the tabs will be inserted at the end. If position is negative, the count will be backwards from the end. A value of -1 makes the first new tab the last tab, and so on. RETURN
If tabs is NULL or tab_count is 0 (zero), this function returns oldlist. Otherwise, it returns a new tab list. The function allocates space to hold the returned tab list. The application is responsible for managing the allocated space. The application can recover the allocated space by calling XmTabListFree. RELATED
XmTabList(3) and XmTabListFree(3). XmTabListInsertTabs(library call)