Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Xsltproc showing error in parsing xml...help required Post 302892379 by blackrageous on Wednesday 12th of March 2014 01:34:01 PM
Old 03-12-2014
You could use awk.

---------- Post updated at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:21 PM ----------

Place this in file x.awk...
Code:
/^<tag:DataFlag>/ {
        split($0,a,">")
        split(a[2],b,"<")
        dataflag=b[1]
        }
/^<tag:DataName>/ {
        split($0,a,">")
        split(a[2],b,"<")
        dataname=b[1]
        }
/^<tag:DataContact>/ {
        split($0,a,">")
        split(a[2],b,"<")
        datacontact=b[1]
        print dataflag,dataname,datacontact
        }

Then do

Code:
awk -f x.awk <xml-file>

This User Gave Thanks to blackrageous For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xml parsing error in perl

******************PERL VERSION************************ This is perl, v5.8.1 built for i386-linux-thread-multi ERROR!!!!---Undefined subroutine &main::start called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/XML/Parser/Expat.pm line 469. *********************PERL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Parsing

Hi, Need a script to parse the following xml file content <tag1 Name="val1"> <abc Name="key"/> <abc Name="pass">*********</abc> </tag1> <tag2 Name="Core"> <Host Name="a.b.c"> <tag1 Name="abc"> <abc Name="ac">None</abc> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mavericc
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issue while using xsltproc tp parse XML in bash

I have written a bash script which opens a folder, reads all the *.xml files in it, and pulls the required data that i need from XML tags. I am using xsltproc (my xsl name) (my xml folder location/*.xml) and running this in a for each loop The problem is that some XML files are having special... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivashankar.g
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing

I have a xml file attached. I need to parse parameterId and its value My output should be like 151515 38 151522 32769 and so on.. Please help me. Its urgent (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in parsing a csv file

Hi Members, I am stuck with the following problem. Request your kind help I have an csv file which contains, 1 header record, data records and 1 footer record. Sample is as below Contents of cm_update_file_101010.csv -------------------------------------------------- ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramakanth_burra
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl parsing help required.

Hello, I got a file like this. 5201 5202 5203 5204 1234 2345 3456 4567 6210 6220 6230 6240 The required output should be 5201 1234 6210 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suverman
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract only required elements from XML.

Hi , I have an XML like this. <Request> <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"> <version>v44</version><messageId>7247308192</messageId><timeToLive>72000000000</timeToLive> </Request>. I want to extract on version and messageId. As in my output... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan.c
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in Splitting a xml file into multiple and appending it in another .xml file

HI All, I have to split a xml file into multiple xml files and append it in another .xml file. for example below is a sample xml and using shell script i have to split it into three xml files and append all the three xmls in a .xml file. Can some one help plz. eg: <?xml version="1.0"?>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesan kulasek
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML: parsing of the Google contacts XML file

I am trying to parse the XML Google contact file using tools like xmllint and I even dived into the XSL Style Sheets using xsltproc but I get nowhere. I can not supply any sample file as it contains private data but you can download your own contacts using this script: #!/bin/sh # imports... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Covert xml to csv using xsltproc in shell script

Hi, I am not familiar with shell scripting. Please help to convert xml files to csv files using xsltproc command in bash script. Find the xml sample <?xml version="1.0"?> -<Source xmlns="link"> <CompanyCd>DSP</CompanyCd> <SrcSysCd>DSPS</SrcSysCd> <CountryCd>45</CountryCd> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathina
2 Replies
textutil::split(n)				    Text and string utilities, macro processing 				textutil::split(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
textutil::split - Procedures to split texts SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require textutil::split ?0.7? ::textutil::split::splitn string ?len? ::textutil::split::splitx string ?regexp? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The package textutil::split provides commands that split strings by size and arbitrary regular expressions. The complete set of procedures is described below. ::textutil::split::splitn string ?len? This command splits the given string into chunks of len characters and returns a list containing these chunks. The argument len defaults to 1 if none is specified. A negative length is not allowed and will cause the command to throw an error. Providing an empty string as input is allowed, the command will then return an empty list. If the length of the string is not an entire multiple of the chunk length, then the last chunk in the generated list will be shorter than len. ::textutil::split::splitx string ?regexp? This command splits the string and return a list. The string is split according to the regular expression regexp instead of a simple list of chars. Note that if you parentheses are added into the regexp, the parentheses part of separator will be added into the result list as additional element. If the string is empty the result is the empty list, like for split. If regexp is empty the string is split at every character, like split does. The regular expression regexp defaults to "[\t \r\n]+". BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category textutil of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
regexp(n), split(n), string(n) KEYWORDS
regular expression, split, string textutil 0.7 textutil::split(n)