Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [solved] Awk/shell question to parse hour minute from text Post 302892334 by satishrao on Wednesday 12th of March 2014 11:01:02 AM
Old 03-12-2014
Thanks!! Really have to be better at working with sed and awk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to: Parse text string into variables using Korn shell

I am writing a script to keep check on free disk space, and I would like to find a way to parse $LINE (see code below) into a numeric value (for free disk space percentage) and a string value (for mount point). If possible, I would like to avoid sed or any additional use of awk since I am not very... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shew01
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab for every minute or every hour

How to set crontab for every minute or every hour (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse text file in shell & store to variable

Hi, I need to parse a simple text file like below and store the word that starts with BR* to a variable say $BRno. I need to do this in sh script. NOTE: the length of the numbers following BR is in constant. And there is only 1 BRXXX in a file at a given time. .txt file: BR276828... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: script2010
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk to parse this text

I am just beginning with sed and awk and understand that they are "per" line input. That is, they operate on each line individually, and output based on rules, etc. But I have multi-line text blocks that looks as follows, and wish to ONLY extract the text between the first hyphen (-) and the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bulgin
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting word xx referred to a time period, like minute or hour

Hello, I try to insert a post because I've got a trouble to perform a unix job. But I didn't found which steps (procedure) I should follow. Could you help me? I got a log by my Application box, like following: gbosmam037:test >view Log_Server.csv ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maluca68
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add an hour or a minute to a time?

Hi, The timestamp is June 06 2011 11:05AM i need 2 results. first, an hour added to it, June 06 2011 12:05AM second, a minute added to it, June 06 2011 11:06AM How can i do this? Also when it reaches 12:59, it needs to start from 1 again without giving the output as 13:00. it... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
17 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

[Solved] AWK to parse adjacent matching lines

Hi, I have an input file like F : 0.1 : 0.002 P : 0.3 : 0.004 P : 0.5 : 0.008 P : 0.1 : 0.005 L : 0.05 : 0.02 P: 0.1 : 0.006 P : 0.01 : 0.08 F : 0.02 : 0.08 Expected output: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take minute per minute from a log awk

Hi, I've been trying to develop a script that performs the parsing of a log every 1 minute and then generating some statistics. I'm fairly new to programming and this is why I come to ask if I can lend a hand. this is my log: xxxx 16/04/2012 17:00:52 - xxxx714 - E234 - Time= 119 ms.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockx
8 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

[Solved] EMERGENCY - can I revert 1 hour of mysql changes

I know, its stupid.. MYSQL on CENTOS 5 using WHM Imported a lot of users/posts from old forum to new forum, but my backup was lost. Can I somehow simply remove all mysql table changes for the last 3 hours, returning to pre-import status. ---------- Post updated at 03:44 AM ----------... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse file and display result based on text

I am trying using awk to open an input file and check a column 2/field $2 and if there is a warning then that is displayed (variantchecker): G not found at position 459, found A instead. The attached Sample1.txt is that file. If in that column/field there is a black space, then the text after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
HYLAFAX-SHUTDOWN(5F)													      HYLAFAX-SHUTDOWN(5F)

NAME
etc/shutdown - server shutdown control file DESCRIPTION
If the file etc/shutdown is present it describes when a HylaFAX server is to be shutdown and may contain a descriptive message to return to clients explaining the reason for the shutdown. This file is used by the hfaxd(8C) program. The file has the following format: <year> <month> <day> <hour> <minute> <deny> <disconnect> <shutdown message text> The first line defines the date and time the server should be shutdown and the time preceding at which unprivileged clients should be denied service or disconnected; these fields are described in more detail below. Any lines that follow the first are taken as the text of a message to return to clients when notifying them of a scheduled shutdown or when denying them service. <year> The decimal year; e.g. 1996. <month> The decimal month; e.g. 10 for October. <day> The decimal day of the month in the range [1..31]. <hour> The decimal hour since midnight; in the range [0..23]. <minute> The decimal minute after the hour; in the range [0..59]. <deny> The time prior to the shutdown time at which to deny service to unprivileged clients. This value is specified as decimal number in the form HHMM; e.g. 130 for 1 hour and 30 minutes. <disconnect> Time time prior to the shutdown time at which to disconnect unprivileged clients that are logged in to the server. This value is specified as a decimal number in the form HHMM. NOTES
This file is typically created using the ``SHUT'' command supported by hfaxd(8C). SEE ALSO
hfaxd(8C), hylafax-server(5F) January 18, 1996 HYLAFAX-SHUTDOWN(5F)