Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat [Solved] I am not able to hear any sound from CentOS 5.9 Post 302892289 by es_centos on Wednesday 12th of March 2014 01:54:55 AM
Old 03-12-2014
[Solved]

Initially I tried with Commands in Console but did not worked so I suppose to again work with GUI options and found GUI Interface as System-> Administration-> Sound card detection -> Reload Audio Driver and All other is set as default and reboot .
After that I have done following :
1. System->Preference-> Sound : Click to active system sounds .
2. System->Preference-> VolumeControl : Change Device -> Then I selected HDA Intel(ALSA mixer)
and I heard sound in CentOS Smilie.

Thanks !
This User Gave Thanks to es_centos For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help is Hear

i made a program called Unix Unlocked for mac osx networks / home computers safe yes you can get it at my site www.geocities.com/huntermadison2002/unix.html :) you can sen me new bits of coad that i will try to run on it at my forms (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepicoman
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

How to Upgrade Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image on Vmware workstation

Dear Linux Experts, On my windows 7 desktop with the help of Vmware workstation (Version 7.1), created virtual machine and installed Centos 5.7 successfully using ISO image. Query : Is this possible to upgrade the Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image to Centos version 5.8?.. if yes kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthcn
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] Cannot install KVM guest on CentOS/RedHat

Hi, I've a CentOS Server and I need to create KVM guest machine without X. /usr/sbin/virt-install --name server1 --ram 4000 --vcpus=8 --file=/srv/virtual/server1.img --file-size=20 --cdrom /tmp/server1.iso --mac=52:54:00:fd:48:7c The iso was created with cobbler... So, now the machine is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] ls -l in CentOS 6.4 after upload using sftp

Hi everyone, Something rather interesting just happened to me. I uploaded a file to a server through sftp. I closed the connection and then logged on to the server via ssh. So far so good. When I typed ls -l in the remote server to retrieve a directory listing, the file that was previously... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
2 Replies