Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error executing a variable
Operating Systems Linux Error executing a variable Post 302891561 by crimso on Thursday 6th of March 2014 11:31:02 AM
Old 03-06-2014
contents of $LMSDB_FILE:
Code:
-host t70cfd176 -n 12 -envall -env OMP_NUM_THREADS 1 -wdir "/cadhome/analysis/username/lms_example1/" "/usr/apps/LMS/12/Sysnoise/Lms/XPR.R12/Sysnoise/5.6/bin/sysnoise" -m6.125p -if "/cadhome/analysis/username/lms_example1/3906717-CommandFile.cmd" -of "/cadhome/analysis/username/lms_example1/3906717-sysnoise.log"

contents of $SH_FILE:
Code:
export OMP_NUM_THREADS=1;
cd "/cadhome/analysis/username/lms_example1/";
"/usr/apps/LMS/12/Sysnoise/Lms/XPR.R12/Sysnoise/5.6/bin/sysnoise" -hf "/cadhome/analysis/username/lms_example1/3906717-hostfile.LMSVldb" -parallelism frequency

Code:
export ver="12"
export EXE="/usr/apps/LMS/$ver/Sysnoise/Lms/XPR.R$ver/Sysnoise/5.6/bin/sysnoise"
export CMD_LINE="$EXE `cat $LMSDB_FILE` `cat $SH_FILE.orig | tail -1 | awk '{print $4, $5, $6}'`"

i then enter $CMD_LINE at the prompt and get the following error:

-ERR> Cannot open file "/cadhome/analysis/username/lms_example1/3906717-CommandFile.cmd" for input
-ERR> InitOSLevel2 failed...

and that file can be listed via the output of the error.

---------- Post updated at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:19 AM ----------

the error is referring to the file name that is supplied to the -hf command line option in the $LMSDB_FILE file.

Last edited by crimso; 03-06-2014 at 12:27 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

taking every variable and executing the command

Hi, I am trying to export some 50 tables and i want to write a loop and execute the script for every table. I did for one table and its running. Can any one help me for setting a loop and running the script for all the tables thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srichunduru
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in executing a comand liying inside a variable

Hi everyone! I need some help with my shell script :( I am sending a shell command from a html text input to a cgi. Then, I store it into a variable. For example var="ps -axu" echo `$var` This functions properly. But consider the following... var="ps -axu | grep root" Now, I want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nene
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing commands through shell variable

Hey there, I am trying to pass a command as argument to a function. The command shows up in $1. Now I want to execute this command, but if I do a $1 ./sample "bla/blaprintf: warning: ignoring excess arguments, starting with `bla/bla' The code is : #!/bin/ksh fn() { $1 } fn... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriyer
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing the below script

I am executing the below in telnet #!/usr/bin/ksh File1=simple.txt # The file to check LogFile=simple.log # The log file DelayMax=30 # Timeout delay Tolerance=2 # BEGIN ############################## while true do StampNow=$(date +%s)/60 # stamp in minutes ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinniforu2003
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing 'find' with variable as pattern problem

Hello everybody! Here is my problem: I try to write a script that searches for files with several extensions using the find utility. The file extensions are defined in a list so I build a string (variable) of the pattern arguments with these extensions but can't get find working. Here is a code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ro_land
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] Executing script that is held in a variable

Hi, I'm building an installation system that uses separate data files that contain the individual characteristics of each package. Within the data file, I would like to incorporate a section that contains a bash script that is loaded into an array which is then redirected to bash to be... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASGR
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing a variable assignment in a string

I'm using whatever the scripting is in this copy of busybox ! So not the full boxed set sometimes. If I do cmd="echo fred" $cmd the system prints "fred" if I do cmd="fred=9" $cmd it barfs. Is there a simple way to put a varabble assignment in a string and execute it? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dexdyne
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a variable that strores a unix command string

Hi: I have a touble with executing a variable that stores a unix command string. The following would be excuted fine: command='ls -l' `echo $command` However, the following gives me an error: command='(uuencode file1 file1; uuencode file2 file2) | mailx email_id' `echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagewise
1 Replies

9. Programming

No error but not executing

Hi friends NO errors, but when I try to execute the program it gets struck. Can any one find it out. #include<stdio.h> #include<sys/types.h> #include<sys/mman.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<fcntl.h> #include<sys/stat.h> #include<unistd.h> #include<signal.h> #include<string.h> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gokult
0 Replies

10. Programming

No error but not executing

Hi friends When I compile thic program by gcc filename, it shows no error. But after that if I execute the program gets stuck. Can any one find out. #include<stdio.h> #include<sys/types.h> #include<sys/mman.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<fcntl.h> #include<sys/stat.h>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gokult
6 Replies
RIVET(1)							   User Commands							  RIVET(1)

NAME
rivet - Robust Independent Validation of Experiment and Theory SYNOPSIS
rivet [options] myfifo OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit. -h, --help show this help message and exit. -l NATIVE_LOG_STRS set a log level in the Rivet library. -a ANA, --analysis=ANA add an analysis to the processing list. --list-analyses show the list of available analyses' names. With -v, it shows the descriptions, too. --list-used-analyses list the analyses used by this command (after subtraction of inappropriate ones). --show-analysis=SHOW_ANALYSES, --show-analyses=SHOW_ANALYSES show the details of an analysis. --analysis-path=PATH specify the analysis search path (cf. $RIVET_ANALYSIS_PATH). --analysis-path-append=PATH append to the analysis search path (cf. $RIVET_ANALYSIS_PATH). --pwd append the current directory (pwd) to the analysis search path (cf. $RIVET_ANALYSIS_PATH). -H HISTOFILE, --histo-file=HISTOFILE specify the output histo file path (default = Rivet.aida). -x XS, --cross-section=XS specify the signal process cross-section in pb. -n NUM, --nevts=NUM restrict the max number of events to read. --runname=NAME give an optional run name, to be prepended as a 'top level directory' in histo paths. --ignore-beams Ignore input event beams when checking analysis compatibility. --event-timeout=NSECS max time in whole seconds to wait for an event to be generated from the specified source (default = 21600) --run-timeout=NSECS max time in whole seconds to wait for the run to finish. This can be useful on batch systems such as the LCG Grid where tokens expire on a fixed wall-clock and can render long Rivet runs unable to write out the final histogram file (default = unlimited). --histo-interval=HISTO_WRITE_INTERVAL [experimental!] specify the number of events between histogram file updates. Default is to only write out at the end of the run. Note that intermediate histograms will be those from the analyze step only: analysis finalizing is currently not executed until the end of the run. -v, --verbose print debug (very verbose) messages. -q, --quiet be very quiet. EXAMPLES
mkfifo hepmc.fifo my-generator -o myfifo & rivet --analysis=ANALYSIS_NAME hepmc.fifo ENVIRONMENT
: RIVET_ANALYSIS_PATH list of paths to be searched for plugin analysis libraries at runtime. RIVET_REF_PATH list of paths to be searched for reference data files. RIVET_INFO_PATH list of paths to be searched for analysis metadata files. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Lifeng Sun <lifongsun@gmail.com> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Rivet June 2012 RIVET(1)