Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find, backup and delete.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find, backup and delete. Post 302891501 by leo_ultra_leo on Thursday 6th of March 2014 06:52:21 AM
Old 03-06-2014
I'm grepping (because I want to give the TAR file a name like FIRSTDAT_LASTFATE.tar) list.txt wich stored in $BACKPATH for the directories that compressed)for the directories that stored. However, if I'm wrong, how can I fix this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find directory and create backup

What I'm attempting to do is create a script that will do a search for directories that meet the following criteria: find . -name "config" -type d this comes back with: ./dir1/anotherDir/test_dir/config ./dir1/anotherDir/test_dira/config ./dir2/test/test_dir/config The results could... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mp3 backup using find, mkisofs

Hi. I want to create a Linux script to find all local mp3 files, create an ISO image. Later I will attempt to use growisofs Something like this: find ~ -name "*.mp3" | xargs mkisofs -o musicbackup tried variations on this but no luck. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancest
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete everything else...

Ok, new user, relatively new to scripting and need to move to the next stage with awk or sed or both. I have been using them both at a basic level in my script. I want to find a line, no problem, but then I want to delete everything on that line except for the word I am looking for AND the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: derekphl
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all .htaccess files and make a backup copy in respective directories

Hey guys, I need to know how to locate all .htaccess files on the server and make a backup of them in the folder they reside before I run a script to modify all of them. So basically taking dir1/.htaccess and copying it as dir1/.htaccess_bk dir2/.htaccess copying as dir2/.htaccess_bk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: boxx
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripts to Initialise,backup,restore,delete and empty

you are to write scripts for a customer that would require a system enable the backing up of files and directories. The script should (these names should be used): 1. INITIALISE: Initialise the directory for the backup(called backup and should be in the home directory) and any other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: babby01
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script - Mysql backup and delete

Hello I have a production mysql server and archive server, unfortunitly its not possible to setup repliacation between the two, the reason is that the archive server is using some fancy storage engine which doesn't allow mysql replication. I'm trying to write a script using perl that does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amlife
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Look for, backup and delete symlinks

Hi, My first post here: Was looking if someone can help enhancing my code. I am limited to sh or ash shell (android / busybox) I made a script to look for busybox symlinks, backup them and delete them I have these questions about the below code: - busybox tar do not has the options... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phil3759
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

RHEL 7: Backup Space and Delete is not working in console

Hi All, During my virtual machine power on i have rc3.d script to accept user inputs like IP address. This script gets executed during first time boot up. It was working fine till my VM is using RHEL6.5. Now we migrated to RHEL 7 environment. While accepting the user inputs in console, I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX find duplicate backup files

I would like find and delete old backup files in aix. How would I go about doing this? For example: server1_1-20-2020 server1_1-21-2020 server1_1-22-2020 server1_1-23-2020 server2_1-20-2020 server2_1-21-2020 server2_1-22-2020 server2_1-23-2020 How would I go about finding and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies
SYSLOGOUT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      SYSLOGOUT(8)

NAME
syslogout - modular centralized shell logout mechanism DESCRIPTION
syslogout is a generic approach to enable centralized shell logout actions for all users of a given system in a modular and centralized way mostly aimed at avoiding work for lazy sysadmins. It has only been tested to work with the bash shell. It basically consists of the small /etc/syslogout shell script which invokes other small shell scripts having a .bash suffix which are con- tained in the /etc/syslogout.d/ directory. The system administrator can drop in any script he wants without any naming convention other than that the scripts need to have a .bash suffix to enable automagic sourcing by the /etc/syslogout script. For shell sessions, the contents of /etc/syslogout.d/" will be sourced by every user at logout if the following lines are present in his $HOME/.bash_logout: if [ -f /etc/syslogout ]; then . /etc/syslogout fi If used for X sessions it is advisable to include the former statement into the Xreset script of the X display manager instead to prevent that closing of an terminal emulator window yields unexpected results in your running X session if your X11 terminal emulator is using a login shell. Be sure then to run it under the user-id of the X session's user. See the example files in /usr/share/doc/syslogout/ for illustration. Users not wanting /etc/syslogout to be sourced for their environment can easily disable it's automatic mechanism. It can be disabled by simply creating an empty file called $HOME/.nosyslogout in the user's home directory using e.g. the touch(1) command. Any single configuration file in /etc/syslogout.d/ can simply be overridden by any user by creating a private $HOME/.syslogout.d/ directory which may contain a user's own version of any configuration file to be sourced instead of the system default. It's names have just to match exactly the system's default /etc/syslogout.d/ configuration files. Empty versions of these files contained in the $HOME/.syslo- gout.d/ directory automatically disable sourcing of the system wide version. Naturally, users can add and include their own private scripts to be automagically executed by /etc/syslogout at logout time. OPTIONS
There are no options other than those dictated by shell conventions. Anything is defined within the configuration scripts themselves. SEE ALSO
The README files and configuration examples contained in /usr/share/doc/syslogout/ and the manual page for bash(1), xdm(1x), xdm.options(5), and wdm(1x). Recommended further reading is everything related with shell programming. If you need a similar mechanism for executing code at login time check out the related package sysprofile(8) which is a very close compan- ion to syslogout. BUGS
syslogout in its current form is mainly restricted to bash(1) syntax. In fact it is actually a rather embarrassing quick and dirty hack than anything else - but it works. It serves the practical need to enable a centralized bash configuration until something better becomes available. Your constructive criticism in making this into something better" is very welcome. Before i forget to mention it: we take patches... ;-) AUTHOR
syslogout was developed by Paul Seelig <pseelig@debian.org> specifically for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Feel free to port it to and use it anywhere else under the conditions of either the GNU public license or the BSD license or both. Better yet, please help to make it into something more worthwhile than it currently is. SYSLOGOUT(8)