Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Cannot read PDF emailed by HP-UX server Post 302891073 by Corona688 on Monday 3rd of March 2014 04:30:33 PM
Old 03-03-2014
It appears that your ipad's don't understand uuencode only base64-ed MIMEs. This isn't unheard of -- uuencode's getting pretty old -- but I hadn't heard that ipads did this trick. Good to know.

How exactly do you use your mailx to send uuencoded files? Hopefully mpack can still be adapted.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Someone used ghostview to read the pdf files?

How can I open the page that I want to read when I used ghostview to read the pdf files? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_hand
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using gv to read the pdf file.

Sometimes the gv does work well.But sometimes it doesn't work. The error message: ... error:/undefined in /GBpc-EUC-H ... Can anybody help me? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_hand
2 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

emailed reset password is not working

Well, I get this email - Hello, You have requested to reset your password on The UNIX Forums forums because you have forgotten your password. If you did not request this, please ignore it. It will expire and become useless in 24 hours time. To reset your password, please visit the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zyx
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to read pdf file in UNIX environment?

Hi, I had a PDF file in Windows, I ftp'ed it to UNIX environment. Now, I couldnot read the same file in the UNIX environment. Is there any possible way to read this file? I need to give this file as input Thanks, Geetha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pdf file format generation error in Solaris 8 server

Hi experts. We have Solaris 8 server and we set as reporting server. We are facing problem that, it is not generating pdf files in a specified format. give your valuable suggestions that, what i have to check and what are the necessary step i have to do (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddulamadhu
4 Replies
pstopdf(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						pstopdf(1)

NAME
pstopdf -- convert PostScript input into a PDF document. SYNOPSIS
pstopdf [inputfile] [-o outname] [-l] [-p] DESCRIPTION
pstopdf is a tool to convert PostScript input data into a PDF document. The input data may come from a file or may be read from stdin. The PDF document is always written to a file. The name of the output PDF file is derived from the name of the input file or may be explicitly named using the -o option. Flags: -o outname The name of the output file to create. If an explicit file name is not supplied, the output file will be created in the current directory and named foo.pdf for an input file named foo.ps -l Specifies that any messages generated during file conversion be written to a log file. For an output file named foo.pdf the generated log file is foo.pdf.log rather than generated to stdout. If there are no messages, the log file is not generated. -p Generates a simple progress message to stdout at the end of each page. Because conversion of complex or lengthy PostScript input can take time, it is sometimes useful to see that progress is being made. Progress messages are always written to stdout even when the -l (log file) option is specified. EXAMPLES
pstopdf inputfile.ps Creates a PDF file named inputfile.pdf from the PostScript data in the input file inputfile.ps pstopdf -o outputfilename Creates a PDF file named outputfilename from the PostScript data read from stdin. Apple Computer, Inc. May 31, 2019 Apple Computer, Inc.