Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FORTRAN Compiler
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FORTRAN Compiler Post 302890810 by DGPickett on Friday 28th of February 2014 04:42:51 PM
Old 02-28-2014
Doing a source build requires a C or C++ compiler, depending on the Fortran distribution you chooose. Porting g++ requires a C compiler. Most UNIX systems have one.

Some binary distributions are in more flexible tar form, and do not need root, just unppack them in a subdir of your home dir.

There is a fortran to JAVA, and JAVA apps can be run even without windows local admin (but JAVA language install has to be done by admin empowered user).
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Fortran 90 compiler

Hi everybody: Could anybody help me where could I download Fortran 90 complier? Thanks in advance. :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonet
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xl C/C++ compiler to GCC compiler

Hi, we are converting from IBM-AIX(xl c/c++ compiler) to Linux(GCC complier). As a part of this i need to change the CFLAGS. The xl c/c++ complier CFLAGS is CFLAGS := $(CDEBUG) $(PROJECT_INCLUDE_DIRS) $(COBJECT_MODE) -qcpluscmt -qmakedep -qcheck=all \ -qalign=bit_packed $(LINT_FLAGS)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbattu1
0 Replies

3. Programming

How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries?

To make a programming language you need a compiler, so what was the first programming language and how was is created if you need the compiler first? The compiler itself is considered as a high language comparing to the machine! since the compiler is not created in 1's and 0's... Eventhough i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
12 Replies

4. Programming

learning fortran

Can anyone recommend a very good Fortran online course for unix. It should also cover Fortran X11 programming if possible. I understand this learning cannot be rushed but a course that addresses useful topics sooner is best. If it isn't free, that's okay. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gav2251
1 Replies

5. Programming

Fortran 77 and gfortran

Hi! I have a program in fortran77. This program was compiled with pgf90, but now, I need compiled it with gfortran. I show a bit of code. program hello PARAMETER(a=100) integer a write(*,*)'value ', a end program hello What's the problem? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekaes
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cc compiler and gcc compiler

hi, can we install gcc compiler in unix based OS(sun solar,IBM AIX,HP,etc) and also can we install sun cc compiler in AIX environment and vice versa. and more ..is linux support cc compiler regards Ajay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
3 Replies

7. Linux

Fortran Compiler cannot create executables

Hello everyone, I am trying to re-install quantum espresso-4.3 on the University's LINUX interface (because of a recent crash and I lost most of my files). when I " ./configure ", It is giving an error stating that : checking building system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu checking... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Physicslad78
7 Replies

8. Programming

FORTRAN p-norm

What would be an accurate and efficient computation of the p-norm in Fortran? Integer :: p Real :: sum, pn Do i = 1, Size (a) sum = sum + ((Abs a(i)) ** p) End Do pn = sum ** (1.0/ Real(p)) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies
QD-CONFIGG(1)															     QD-CONFIGG(1)

NAME
qd-config - determine flags for compilation and linking SYNOPSIS
qd-config [options] DESCRIPTION
To link a Fortran-90 program with the C++ qd library, it is recommended to link with the C++ compiler used to generate the library. The Fortran 90 interface (along with a C-style main function calling f_main) is found in the qdmod library. The qd-config script can be used to determine which flags to pass to compile and link your programs. OPTIONS
--src Switch between source and system location. --prefix Output configured prefix value. --exec-prefix Output configured exec_prefix value. --build-flags Compiler options used during build. --build-libs Linker options used during build. --configure-args Configure arguments used for build. --cxx C++ compiler. --cflags C++ preprocessor and compiler options. --cxxflags C++ compiler options. --libs-la C++ linker options and libtool archive location. --libs C++ linker options. --fc Fortran compiler. --fcflags Fortran compiler options. --fclibs Fortran linker options. --fmainlib C++ linker options for main program written in Fortran. --version Output version. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert@wgdd.de> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). User Commands 2008-05-11 QD-CONFIGG(1)