Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vim :f
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Vim :f Post 302890795 by Don Cragun on Friday 28th of February 2014 02:28:41 PM
Old 02-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by in2nix4life
While in Vim type:

Code:
:help f

This will bring up the help screen and define what it does.
In this case that would be:
Code:
:help :f

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Vim 7.0

I want to install VIM 7.0 from sunfreeware.com onto a server. The security guys are giving me a hard time because they found this security vulnerability. http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/xfdb/6259 This vulnerability came out in 2001, and it looks like it was mostly for linux, but I cant be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to configure VIM ?

hi today i was working on AIX server and faced many problem while working with VIM. some issues were like configuring VIM where can i configure vim such as ruler was not displayed by default no hlsearch as well as when you try to execute prveious RE with up arrow its not working how to configure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vim color

How can I change the color in Vim for *sh scripts for words which in brackets "words". In another words for string variables. As I know id depends on /usr/share/vim/vim71/syntax/sh.vim. But I can not find where exactly. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need some help with vim

I use vim for writing code. I was using nano but found that vim is a much advanced editor. I am trying to achieve something like this: When trying a loop or a function, I generally type: function name() {} Now when I take my cursor one position to the left and press the return key, it give... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

About Vim

Hello, what is the maximum size of a file that we can open using vim. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
3 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help with Vim

How do I use compilers and syntax highlighting in (g)Vim? Specifically, I need a Common Lisp compiler and a C++ compiler. Thanks in advance! (Note: Disregard my other topic.) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: led3234
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vim - Question

Hi, I'm not sure whether this is the right place for my question. For scripting I use very often Vim because it's almost available on all unix stations. Sometimes it would be very helpful to exchange text inside Vim with other programs and the other way round! For example I want to copy... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: climber
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vim

Does anyone know the fast way to go to tab/2 distance in vim. I mean set four spaces. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

10. Linux

VI/VIM ERROR ^Z

Dear Unix user, I'm using putty 0.60 (on Windows Vista) to connect by ssh protocol to other Linux computer. I have a problem with VI/VIM. When I key button "n" or "b", it returns me n^Z or b^Z. What could the problem be?! Thanx a lot, Maria Elena (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mesana
0 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)