Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Capture output of open pipe to a file in perl Post 302890674 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 27th of February 2014 09:48:09 PM
Old 02-27-2014
Replace this:

Code:
open ( my $DAT, "paflink filename |") or die "Could not open $ARGV[0]: $!";

With this:

Code:
open(my $DAT, "-|", "paflink filename") or die $!;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture output of program to file with limited filesize

I'm working on a script that will perform a backup, save a log of said backup and send the output to me in an email. Everything is working fine so far except that I can't figure out how to specify a maximum file size for the log file. I don't want a runaway log file jamming up the server.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: spectre_240sx
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failed to open output file Error

Hi guys, I Have written a script,In that it will call another file which contains the sql quaries. while wxecuting that I am getting the below exception 01/16|06:28:06:16800: Operating System Error|Failed to open output file Can anybody help me about this,,Its urgent (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anji
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Capture output to file and printer

Hi All : I wanted a unix command by which I could be able to print the output to a file and at the same time to a printer. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Regards, Ramamurthy Dasari (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdasari
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

capture output of file and send last string thereof to new file

Hello, If I run a program from within shell, the output is displayed in the command line terminal. Is there a way I can capture that output and choose only the very last string in it to send it to a new file? Thank you (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lorna
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture Shell Script Output To A File

Hi, I am running a shell script called dbProcess.sh which performs shutdown and startup of various Oracle instances we have.At the time of execution the script produces the following output to the command line window $./dbProcess.sh stop #### Run Details ###### Hostname : server-hop-1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture output to log file

Hi I have a script that will run multiple unix & sql commands. I want to see the output as well as capture it to a log file for further analysis. Is there an easy way to do that instead of adding "tee -a logfile" on everyline or even on the execute line (i.e. script | tee -s logfile). Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nimo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want ro capture the debug in output file

I want to capture the debug for the below command in output file . i tried like this but its not working: sh -xv <scriptname> >> output.log i want the output in a log file. Anyone plz help in this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakkaravarthy
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use awk to pipe output from one file into multiple files

Hi All. Thanks for your help in advance. I have a requirement to examine the number of delimiters in each record of a file. If the record has the expected number of delimiters it should be passed into a 'good' file. If it does not, the record should be passed into a 'bad' file. I have been able... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: codestar1
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX/PERL script to convert XML file to pipe delimited format

Hello, I need to get few values from a XML file and output needs to be written in another file with pipe delimited format. The Header & Footer of the Pipe Delimited file will be constant. The below is my sample XML file. I need to pull the values in between the XML tags <Operator_info to... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthi1305561
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture error before pipe

Hi, I have a script that runs a tar command to standard out then pipes to a gzip: tar cfE - * | gzip -c > OUT.gz At the moment, even if the tar fails (e.g. because of lack of disk space), the gzip still runs successfully. Is there a way to make the whole line exit with a non-zero error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Catullus
6 Replies
IO::Digest(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     IO::Digest(3)

NAME
IO::Digest - Calculate digests while reading or writing SYNOPSIS
use IO::Digest; # Get a Digest::MD5 object that takes input while $fh being written or read my $fh; my $iod = IO::Digest->new ($fh, 'MD5'); print $fh "fooo"; print $iod->hexdigest DESCRIPTION
This module allows you to calculate digests while reading or writing file handles. This avoids the case you need to reread the same content to compute the digests after written a file. TEST COVERAGE
----------------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ File stmt branch cond sub time total ----------------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ blib/lib/IO/Digest.pm 100.0 n/a n/a 100.0 100.0 100.0 Total 100.0 n/a n/a 100.0 100.0 100.0 ----------------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ AUTHORS
Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004 by Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.18.2 2013-02-16 IO::Digest(3)