Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed with shell script to search and replace a set of strings among the set of files Post 302890465 by Akshay Hegde on Thursday 27th of February 2014 01:08:04 AM
Old 02-27-2014
I tested on this

Code:
$ bash --version
GNU bash, version 4.1.2(1)-release (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu)

$ uname -a
Linux xxx.xxx.xxx 2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Nov 22 03:15:09 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

set password using a shell script

Hi All How can I set password in linux.It is OK if it display password in plain text in script. manually i can set: #passwd Changing password for root Enter new password: Bad password: too weak. Re-enter new password: Password changed. # I want this to be done by script.Please let me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tannu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh script - Design ? - Search file and set variables

Hi - I'm trying to think of a clever way to write a shell script (trying to stay w/ ksh as that's what I know the best...) that will resolve the following problem: Problem - On a daily basis I have to email folks who are on-call to remind them. I was hoping to script this out so I could have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlefrog
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi search/replace using a set

Hi, I'm trying to do a global search/replace in vi using a set - I want to find every occurance of a carriage return followed by a character and replace it with a space. I've tried the following: :%s/\n/ /g It does the search ok, but it replaces the characters with the literal value ""... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HudZo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search of common words in set of files

Hi, I have a set of simple, one columned text files (in thousands). file1: a b c d file 2: b c d e and so on. There is a collection of words in another file: b d b c d e I have to find out the set of words (in each row) is present or absent in the given set of files. So, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mala
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Search/Replace Multiple Files Script Needed

I have a rather complicated search and replace I need to do among several dozen files and over a hundred occurrences. My site is written in PHP and throughout the old code, you will find things like die("Operation Aborted due to....."); For my new design skins for the site, I need to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: UCCCC
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop through Sub Directories and search for set of files

I have the below directory in unix environment /home/bkup/daily: ls -lrt drwxrwx--x 2 user user 256 Jan 12 18:21 20110112/ drwxrwx--x 2 user user 256 Jan 13 17:06 20110113/ drwxrwx--x 2 user user 256 Jan 14 16:44 20110114/ drwxrwx--x 2 user user ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasannarajesh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding compound words from a set of files from another set of files

Hi All, I am completely stuck here. I have a set of files (with names A.txt, B.txt until L.txt) which contain words like these: computer random access memory computer networking mouse terminal windows All the files from A.txt to L.txt have the same format i.e. complete words in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace, when found, delete multiple lines, add new set of lines?

hey guys, I tried searching but most 'search and replace' questions are related to one liners. Say I have a file to be replaced that has the following: $ cat testing.txt TESTING AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF GGG HHH ENDTESTING This is the input file: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a value and replace other field in the same set

Hello friends, I have huge file with many sets where each "set" has few lines and each set always begins with "Set" in Sq brackets as shown above. # cat file1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnus29
2 Replies
GRUB-FILE(1)                                                       User Commands                                                      GRUB-FILE(1)

NAME
grub-file - check file type SYNOPSIS
file OPTIONS FILE DESCRIPTION
Check if FILE is of specified type. --is-i386-xen-pae-domu Check if FILE can be booted as i386 PAE Xen unprivileged guest kernel --is-x86_64-xen-domu Check if FILE can be booted as x86_64 Xen unprivileged guest kernel --is-x86-xen-dom0 Check if FILE can be used as Xen x86 privileged guest kernel --is-x86-multiboot Check if FILE can be used as x86 multiboot kernel --is-x86-multiboot2 Check if FILE can be used as x86 multiboot2 kernel --is-arm-linux Check if FILE is ARM Linux --is-arm64-linux Check if FILE is ARM64 Linux --is-ia64-linux Check if FILE is IA64 Linux --is-mips-linux Check if FILE is MIPS Linux --is-mipsel-linux Check if FILE is MIPSEL Linux --is-sparc64-linux Check if FILE is SPARC64 Linux --is-powerpc-linux Check if FILE is POWERPC Linux --is-x86-linux Check if FILE is x86 Linux --is-x86-linux32 Check if FILE is x86 Linux supporting 32-bit protocol --is-x86-kfreebsd Check if FILE is x86 kFreeBSD --is-i386-kfreebsd Check if FILE is i386 kFreeBSD --is-x86_64-kfreebsd Check if FILE is x86_64 kFreeBSD --is-x86-knetbsd Check if FILE is x86 kNetBSD --is-i386-knetbsd Check if FILE is i386 kNetBSD --is-x86_64-knetbsd Check if FILE is x86_64 kNetBSD --is-i386-efi Check if FILE is i386 EFI file --is-x86_64-efi Check if FILE is x86_64 EFI file --is-ia64-efi Check if FILE is IA64 EFI file --is-arm64-efi Check if FILE is ARM64 EFI file --is-arm-efi Check if FILE is ARM EFI file --is-hibernated-hiberfil Check if FILE is hiberfil.sys in hibernated state --is-x86_64-xnu Check if FILE is x86_64 XNU (Mac OS X kernel) --is-i386-xnu Check if FILE is i386 XNU (Mac OS X kernel) --is-xnu-hibr Check if FILE is XNU (Mac OS X kernel) hibernated image --is-x86-bios-bootsector Check if FILE is BIOS bootsector -h, --help Display this help and exit. -u, --usage Display the usage of this command and exit. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-file is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-file programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-file should give you access to the complete manual. grub-file (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-FILE(1)