Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Substitution within string command Post 302890343 by Bruble on Wednesday 26th of February 2014 08:42:46 AM
Old 02-26-2014
Thanks Subbeh,
I will need to try as sometimes I need to do fewer than 9 iterations and other times the ver is a character rather than a number but if I can get my head around how to control it, it may work

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed String Substitution

Hi! I've the following script code with an input parameter: sed 's/oldstring/$1/g' myfile > newfile (I launch it with comman line: $ MyShell newstring) Problem: the substituion doesn't work (oldstring becomes $1, instead of newstring). How could I solve this situation? Thanks, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pciatto
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Substitution Question

When I run the script I pass in 2 expressions (ex. replace.ksh new old) I want the script to go line by line for a given file in a given directory and replace the word new with old. Of course in my line where I have the awk statement it is replacing the 2nd word with 1st instead of new with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodrics
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed - substitution for whole string

Hello I have several files where a string similar to this appears: /home/workload/bin/ProcDly/scrpts/T54.sh > $LOG I need to change it to something like this: $VARIABLE > $LOG However, due to the configuration of the rest of the files, I should only find this string by the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scarlos
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

String Substitution

Hey ppl, Could u tell me how to replace such a string xyz->x with XYZ(x), where x can be any variable accessible by pointer to structure, xyz in an entire file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laxmi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

string substitution

Hey ppl, Could u tell me how to replace such a string xyz->x with XYZ(x), where x can be any variable accessible by pointer to structure, xyz in an entire file? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmi
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String substitution

Hi, I have a properties file (myprop.properties) which contains some values: @oneValue@==tcp://localhost:1234 @twoValue@==tcp://localhost:4563 @threeValue@==tcp://localhost7895 I have a xml file (myXmlFile.xml)which contains some tokens: <application name="aTest"> <NameValuePair> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrl-alt-del
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

substitution of string in brackets

Hi friends! I have a tab delimited file with two columns : GB_45_DRB SP:0139466(mrmi sisignm)|SP:3674(fllflg_itoioh)|SP:68954779(RMTKLGF to emmdm-roomto) GB_45_DRD SP:475928(mgmdksi rikgkg)|SP:587959(roykgl tiic-tm)|SP:0139466(mrmi sisignm)|SP:3674(fllflg_itoioh)|SP:68954779(RMTKLGF to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacks
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

a specific string substitution

hi guys...need some help here... i am making a a script to automatically install netbackup client...so its gonna write a configuration file according to the host name.... the line would be something like this CLIENT_NAME = odel_bkp.test.com the thing is ...the host name in reallity is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: razael
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

string substitution in perl

Hi, I have a template file and want to replace 3 parameters to the values that I want. these values are in a parameter file. Any idea how to do this in perl? the parameter file looks like: host_name = jupiter PORT = 1562 IPADDRESS = 10.1.34.10 the template file has lots of entry.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

10. Programming

COBOL: Substitution in string

We have a formatted screen system where a driver program passes the locations of a list of files that called programs may be using. It will look something like this: /{number of characters varies}/DATA/MASTERFILEBecause of the size of some files we will be splitting older records into a history... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
2 Replies
SMP_REP_ROUTE_INFO(8)						     SMP_UTILS						     SMP_REP_ROUTE_INFO(8)

NAME
smp_rep_route_info - invoke REPORT ROUTE INFORMATION SMP function SYNOPSIS
smp_rep_route_info [--help] [--hex] [--index=IN] [--interface=PARAMS] [--multiple] [--num=NUM] [--phy=ID] [--raw] [--sa=SAS_ADDR] [--ver- bose] [--version] [--zero] SMP_DEVICE[,N] DESCRIPTION
Sends a SAS Management Protocol (SMP) REPORT ROUTE INFORMATION function request to a SMP target. The SMP target is identified by the SMP_DEVICE and the SAS_ADDR. Depending on the interface, the SAS_ADDR may be deduced from the SMP_DEVICE. The mpt interface uses SMP_DEVICE to identify a HBA (an SMP initiator) and needs the additional ,N to differentiate between HBAs if there are multiple present. There are two expander route table types: phy-based and expander-based. The expander-based route table was introduced in SAS-2 and super- sedes the phy-based route tables. The REPORT ROUTE INFORMATION function is associated with a phy-based route table. The CONFIGURE ROUTE INFORMATION function is provided to manually set up a phy-based route table. Each phy in a SAS expander that has an associated routing attribute of "table" has a router table. The number of rows (or entries) in each router table is given by the "expander route indexes" field in the response of the REPORT GENERAL function. When the --multiple option is given, the REPORT ROUTE INFORMATION function is called multiple times. The index value increments on each iteration, starting from --index=IN (default 0). If --num=NUM is given and NUM is greater than zero then that is the maximum number of iterations performed. If --num=NUM is not given (or NUM is zero) then iterations continue until there are 4 adjacent disabled route entries (or some error is detected). OPTIONS
Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options as well. -h, --help output the usage message then exit. -H, --hex output the response (less the CRC field) in hexadecimal. -i, --index=IN expander route index. IN is a value between 0 and 65535. Default is 0. More precisely the maximum index value is (expander_route_indexes - 1). -I, --interface=PARAMS interface specific parameters. In this case "interface" refers to the path through the operating system to the SMP initiator. See the smp_utils man page for more information. -m, --multiple call the REPORT ROUTE INFORMATION function multiple times, starting at --index=IN, incrementing the index value on each iteration for a maximum of --num=NUM iterations. For each enabled route table entry, one line is output. If --num=NUM is not given (or NUM is zero) then iterations continue until 4 adjacent disabled entries are found (or some error occurs). -n, --num=NUM used with --multiple option to specify the maximum number of iterations. -p, --phy=ID phy identifier. ID is a value between 0 and 254. Default is 0. -r, --raw send the response (less the CRC field) to stdout in binary. All error messages are sent to stderr. -s, --sa=SAS_ADDR specifies the SAS address of the SMP target device. Typically this is an expander. This option may not be needed if the SMP_DEVICE has the target's SAS address within it. The SAS_ADDR is in decimal but most SAS addresses are shown in hexadecimal. To give a number in hexadecimal either prefix it with '0x' or put a trailing 'h' on it. -v, --verbose increase the verbosity of the output. Can be used multiple times. -V, --version print the version string and then exit. -z, --zero zero the Allocated Response Length field in the request. This option also zeros the Request Length field in the request. This is required for strict SAS-1.1 compliance. However this option should not be given in SAS-2 and later; if it is given an abridged response may result. CONFORMING TO
The SMP REPORT ROUTE INFORMATION function was introduced in SAS-1 . The "Expander change count" field was added in SAS-2 . AUTHORS
Written by Douglas Gilbert. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <dgilbert at interlog dot com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2011 Douglas Gilbert This software is distributed under a FreeBSD license. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. SEE ALSO
smp_utils, smp_rep_general(smp_utils) smp_utils-0.96 May 2011 SMP_REP_ROUTE_INFO(8)