Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to contribute Linux in Development? Post 302890172 by wisecracker on Tuesday 25th of February 2014 02:07:28 PM
Old 02-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarun_nix
Hi Wisecracker,

What's the roadmap to be a developer for Linux on Kernel/patch/update.

I heard one has to complete Linux Architecture Certs to be one.. for above.

do you suggest to have linux architect cert for to get job in Giant Cmpny...
Firstly there is no _roadmap_ WRT developing for Linux.

Just join the developers forum(s) and give it a go. As the Kernel is GPL and (FL)OSS
then do not expect payment for your additions. It WILL give you some serious street
cred in your chances for employment however.

The single hardest thing to do is create your own OS, next, probably a language and/or
compiler system. Developing an OS would give anyone serious street cred in the
computing world per-se.

Secondly the Linux community is just that; a community.
Everything that is developed under the guise of GPL is done for the love of it.

Some people become serious experts in a specific field that their exploits take them.
Some people add to these developers exploits and become testers, manual writers <- this
is also seriously difficult AND time consuming.
Some people are simply superb at finding the bugs that the developers miss, etc, etc...

If you have something to offer go for it, you will find satisfying and stimulating pleasure
from your escapades...

I have done loads of stuff over the years and still get pleasure from it/them...

EDIT:
(Hopefully the Moderators allow the pointer.)
Take a look here, (I am a member of it)...

Expanded Main Page - OSDev Wiki

Last edited by wisecracker; 02-25-2014 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: See above...
This User Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

wanna contribute to gnu

I want to contribute to any project that currently going on in the gnu. What is the procedure. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Want to contribute to unix opensource projects.

Hello , I am C++, Objective C , Qt ,developer on Mac OS X, iOS having around 4+ years of experience. I never got a chance to work on System Level programming. But I am very much interested in it. I don't want to do UI programming any more but I am doing just because of my current job profile.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: want2bcomecoder
2 Replies
PAM_DEBUG(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      PAM_DEBUG(8)

NAME
pam_debug - PAM module to debug the PAM stack SYNOPSIS
pam_debug.so [auth=value] [cred=value] [acct=value] [prechauthtok=value] [chauthtok=value] [auth=value] [open_session=value] [close_session=value] DESCRIPTION
The pam_debug PAM module is intended as a debugging aide for determining how the PAM stack is operating. This module returns what its module arguments tell it to return. OPTIONS
auth=value The pam_sm_authenticate(3) function will return value. cred=value The pam_sm_setcred(3) function will return value. acct=value The pam_sm_acct_mgmt(3) function will return value. prechauthtok=value The pam_sm_chauthtok(3) function will return value if the PAM_PRELIM_CHECK flag is set. chauthtok=value The pam_sm_chauthtok(3) function will return value if the PAM_PRELIM_CHECK flag is not set. open_session=value The pam_sm_open_session(3) function will return value. close_session=value The pam_sm_close_session(3) function will return value. Where value can be one of: success, open_err, symbol_err, service_err, system_err, buf_err, perm_denied, auth_err, cred_insufficient, authinfo_unavail, user_unknown, maxtries, new_authtok_reqd, acct_expired, session_err, cred_unavail, cred_expired, cred_err, no_module_data, conv_err, authtok_err, authtok_recover_err, authtok_lock_busy, authtok_disable_aging, try_again, ignore, abort, authtok_expired, module_unknown, bad_item, conv_again, incomplete. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
All module types (auth, account, password and session) are provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_SUCCESS Default return code if no other value was specified, else specified return value. EXAMPLES
auth requisite pam_permit.so auth [success=2 default=ok] pam_debug.so auth=perm_denied cred=success auth [default=reset] pam_debug.so auth=success cred=perm_denied auth [success=done default=die] pam_debug.so auth optional pam_debug.so auth=perm_denied cred=perm_denied auth sufficient pam_debug.so auth=success cred=success SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_debug was written by Andrew G. Morgan <morgan@kernel.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 04/01/2010 PAM_DEBUG(8)