Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian How to play avi files Raspberry Pi? Post 302890162 by oldcity on Tuesday 25th of February 2014 01:06:21 PM
Old 02-25-2014
I have tried it with and without sudo.
It simply does not work with Raspbian
on the Raspberry Pi.

I have abandoned mplayer.

I have installed vlc and it does the
job for me

Thank you for your responses.
oldcity

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Playing AVI in solaris 8

how to play avi file in solaris8 ??... it is not opening in realplayer 7 ..... i also dont have the root login ...plz help !!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyshail
2 Replies

2. Linux

fedora: problem to play mp3 files.

hi friends. i have tried all above option to play mp3 files but i am not able to listen mp3 files. i have tried above option using yum like $ su - # yum install gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-ugly gstreamer-ffmpeg i got a error like Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit Could... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praneshmishra08
5 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Convert .mp4 to .avi

Hello, I need software to convert multimedia files. What is the good software? I was looking for it on the web, but I did not find any special. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feliks
1 Replies

4. Slackware

Can't play sound files with aplay or cat to /dev/dsp

I am having problems using soundes. Until a few moments ago the following commands produced errors and no sound: cat /usr/share/apps/kolf/sounds/blackhole.wav/ > /dev/dsp yielded: /dev/dsp: Invalid argument cat /usr/share/apps/kolf/sounds/blackhole.wav > /dev/audio yelded: /dev/audio:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Raspberry Pi anyone?

Anyone order or get the new Rasberry Pi? I'm still waiting. Even though it's a fun project, I think these will turn out to be toys for people who already have PC's, and a boon to those who do not. But that is not stopping me. If my wallet holds out, maybe I can build a Raspberry Pi beowulf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jim mcnamara
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Burn avi to cd with k3b

Is there a way to burn avi to cd with k3b? When I tried the disc became unusable. I tried to open the disc on 2 different computers with no luck. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Raspberry PI

The small red box to the left of TV is the Raspberry PI. Successfully installed and running Raspbian Wheezy. I learnt about Raspberry PI from Neo here on unix.com. Thanks to you Neo :b: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajesuri
6 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to play video files one after the other continously?

Hi, There are many MP4 files in a folder say 50 files . All these files are video clipping files.Instead of playing the video one by one , is it possible to play all video clipping files into single shot ? Say for example when i play one video file it gets over after sometime and to view... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
5 Replies
SSSD-SUDO(5)						   File Formats and Conventions 					      SSSD-SUDO(5)

NAME
sssd-sudo - Configuring sudo with the SSSD back end DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes how to configure sudo(8) to work with sssd(8) and how SSSD caches sudo rules. CONFIGURING SUDO TO COOPERATE WITH SSSD
To enable SSSD as a source for sudo rules, add sss to the sudoers entry in nsswitch.conf(5). For example, to configure sudo to first lookup rules in the standard sudoers(5) file (which should contain rules that apply to local users) and then in SSSD, the nsswitch.conf file should contain the following line: sudoers: files sss More information about configuring the sudoers search order from the nsswitch.conf file as well as information about the LDAP schema that is used to store sudo rules in the directory can be found in sudoers.ldap(5). Note: in order to use netgroups or IPA hostgroups in sudo rules, you also need to correctly set nisdomainname(1) to your NIS domain name (which equals to IPA domain name when using hostgroups). CONFIGURING SSSD TO FETCH SUDO RULES
All configuration that is needed on SSSD side is to extend the list of services with "sudo" in [sssd] section of sssd.conf(5). To speed up the LDAP lookups, you can also set search base for sudo rules using ldap_sudo_search_base option. The following example shows how to configure SSSD to download sudo rules from an LDAP server. [sssd] config_file_version = 2 services = nss, pam, sudo domains = EXAMPLE [domain/EXAMPLE] id_provider = ldap sudo_provider = ldap ldap_uri = ldap://example.com ldap_sudo_search_base = ou=sudoers,dc=example,dc=com When the SSSD is configured to use IPA as the ID provider, the sudo provider is automatically enabled. The sudo search base is configured to use the compat tree (ou=sudoers,$DC). THE SUDO RULE CACHING MECHANISM
The biggest challenge, when developing sudo support in SSSD, was to ensure that running sudo with SSSD as the data source provides the same user experience and is as fast as sudo but keeps providing the most current set of rules as possible. To satisfy these requirements, SSSD uses three kinds of updates. They are referred to as full refresh, smart refresh and rules refresh. The smart refresh periodically downloads rules that are new or were modified after the last update. Its primary goal is to keep the database growing by fetching only small increments that do not generate large amounts of network traffic. The full refresh simply deletes all sudo rules stored in the cache and replaces them with all rules that are stored on the server. This is used to keep the cache consistent by removing every rule which was deleted from the server. However, full refresh may produce a lot of traffic and thus it should be run only occasionally depending on the size and stability of the sudo rules. The rules refresh ensures that we do not grant the user more permission than defined. It is triggered each time the user runs sudo. Rules refresh will find all rules that apply to this user, check their expiration time and redownload them if expired. In the case that any of these rules are missing on the server, the SSSD will do an out of band full refresh because more rules (that apply to other users) may have been deleted. If enabled, SSSD will store only rules that can be applied to this machine. This means rules that contain one of the following values in sudoHost attribute: o keyword ALL o wildcard o netgroup (in the form "+netgroup") o hostname or fully qualified domain name of this machine o one of the IP addresses of this machine o one of the IP addresses of the network (in the form "address/mask") There are many configuration options that can be used to adjust the behavior. Please refer to "ldap_sudo_*" in sssd-ldap(5) and "sudo_*" in sssd.conf(5). SEE ALSO
sssd(8), sssd.conf(5), sssd-ldap(5), sssd-krb5(5), sssd-simple(5), sssd-ipa(5), sssd-ad(5), sssd-sudo(5),sss_cache(8), sss_debuglevel(8), sss_groupadd(8), sss_groupdel(8), sss_groupshow(8), sss_groupmod(8), sss_useradd(8), sss_userdel(8), sss_usermod(8), sss_obfuscate(8), sss_seed(8), sssd_krb5_locator_plugin(8), sss_ssh_authorizedkeys(8), sss_ssh_knownhostsproxy(8),pam_sss(8). AUTHORS
The SSSD upstream - http://fedorahosted.org/sssd SSSD
06/17/2014 SSSD-SUDO(5)