Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check for file permission
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check for file permission Post 302890101 by chacko193 on Tuesday 25th of February 2014 08:00:15 AM
Old 02-25-2014
As per the requirement that you specified in your first post you can try this:
Code:
find /path/to/your/directory -type f -perm -$yourPerm -exec ls -l {} \;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to check for a file, check for 2hrs. then quit

I wish to seach a Dir for a specific file, once the file is found i will perform additional logic. If the file is not found within two hours, i would like to exit. Logically, I'm looking for the best way to approach this Thanks for any assistance in advance. Note: I'm using a C shell and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmarsh
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Permission

Hi, When I listed one directory in Sun, it showed that : -rwsr-xr-x 1 root bsmbin 78004 Oct 21 2004 bsmprsm I don't know meaning of the character "s" in "rws" above. I have searched in Sun admin documents but no result. Would you please explain it ? :) Thank you so much. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msg098
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp - permission setting check

Hello, I am doing a transfer of a file from one HP-UX ( umask : 033 ) server to another HP-UX server ( umask : 033 ) and file got transferred sucessfully. However I could see the file permission gets changed at the receiving end. Would like to know the reason for that? Details below: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jansat
3 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

file permission/acl: 2 users with write access on 1 file...

Hello, i need some help/advice on how to solve a particular problem. these are the users: |name | group | ---------- --------------- |boss | department1 | |assistant | department1 | |employee | department1 | |spy | department2 | this is the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: elzalem
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to check the user's permission in UNIX ??

Hi, What is the command to check the user's permission in UNIX ? e.g: user in UNIX is "myuser" The result should be number format. e.g: 755, 644, etc... Thanks.. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suigion
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File permission check in SFTP mode

Hi, I have requirement to get a file from a remote location using SFTP only if the file has read/write permission either to the user or to the group. Currently i m taking the ls of the required file and storing it in a flat file to check the file permission. Please advice is there any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravin
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to check permission before copy over

Hi, I am writing some shell script to check the file owner permission whether the write bit is turn on. If it is turn on it will copy the file to the destination else it will just prompt user to change the file and skipping it. However, I am starting getting loss here as I have couple of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanaka
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to check read/write/execute permission for 'others'

I want to check access rights permissions not for 'user', not for 'group', but for 'others'. I want to do it by system command in which i want to use 'ls -l' and 'awk' command. I have written the following program : #!/usr/bin/local/perl #include <stdlib.h> system ("ls -l | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhamsachdeva
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

File permission

Hi, Could you please tell me the OS command to grant as similar to below permission? rwxrwxr-x OS -- HP-UX Regards, Maddy (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
8 Replies
FIND2PERL(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      FIND2PERL(1)

NAME
find2perl - translate find command lines to Perl code SYNOPSIS
find2perl [paths] [predicates] | perl DESCRIPTION
find2perl is a little translator to convert find command lines to equivalent Perl code. The resulting code is typically faster than run- ning find itself. "paths" are a set of paths where find2perl will start its searches and "predicates" are taken from the following list. "! PREDICATE" Negate the sense of the following predicate. The "!" must be passed as a distinct argument, so it may need to be surrounded by white- space and/or quoted from interpretation by the shell using a backslash (just as with using find(1)). "( PREDICATES )" Group the given PREDICATES. The parentheses must be passed as distinct arguments, so they may need to be surrounded by whitespace and/or quoted from interpretation by the shell using a backslash (just as with using find(1)). "PREDICATE1 PREDICATE2" True if _both_ PREDICATE1 and PREDICATE2 are true; PREDICATE2 is not evaluated if PREDICATE1 is false. "PREDICATE1 -o PREDICATE2" True if either one of PREDICATE1 or PREDICATE2 is true; PREDICATE2 is not evaluated if PREDICATE1 is true. "-follow" Follow (dereference) symlinks. The checking of file attributes depends on the position of the "-follow" option. If it precedes the file check option, an "stat" is done which means the file check applies to the file the symbolic link is pointing to. If "-follow" option follows the file check option, this now applies to the symbolic link itself, i.e. an "lstat" is done. "-depth" Change directory traversal algorithm from breadth-first to depth-first. "-prune" Do not descend into the directory currently matched. "-xdev" Do not traverse mount points (prunes search at mount-point directories). "-name GLOB" File name matches specified GLOB wildcard pattern. GLOB may need to be quoted to avoid interpretation by the shell (just as with using find(1)). "-perm PERM" Low-order 9 bits of permission match octal value PERM. "-perm -PERM" The bits specified in PERM are all set in file's permissions. "-type X" The file's type matches perl's "-X" operator. "-fstype TYPE" Filesystem of current path is of type TYPE (only NFS/non-NFS distinction is implemented). "-user USER" True if USER is owner of file. "-group GROUP" True if file's group is GROUP. "-nouser" True if file's owner is not in password database. "-nogroup" True if file's group is not in group database. "-inum INUM" True file's inode number is INUM. "-links N" True if (hard) link count of file matches N (see below). "-size N" True if file's size matches N (see below) N is normally counted in 512-byte blocks, but a suffix of "c" specifies that size should be counted in characters (bytes) and a suffix of "k" specifes that size should be counted in 1024-byte blocks. "-atime N" True if last-access time of file matches N (measured in days) (see below). "-ctime N" True if last-changed time of file's inode matches N (measured in days, see below). "-mtime N" True if last-modified time of file matches N (measured in days, see below). "-newer FILE" True if last-modified time of file matches N. "-print" Print out path of file (always true). "-print0" Like -print, but terminates with instead of . "-exec OPTIONS ;" exec() the arguments in OPTIONS in a subprocess; any occurrence of {} in OPTIONS will first be substituted with the path of the current file. Note that the command "rm" has been special-cased to use perl's unlink() function instead (as an optimization). The ";" must be passed as a distinct argument, so it may need to be surrounded by whitespace and/or quoted from interpretation by the shell using a backslash (just as with using find(1)). "-ok OPTIONS ;" Like -exec, but first prompts user; if user's response does not begin with a y, skip the exec. The ";" must be passed as a distinct argument, so it may need to be surrounded by whitespace and/or quoted from interpretation by the shell using a backslash (just as with using find(1)). "-eval EXPR" Has the perl script eval() the EXPR. "-ls" Simulates "-exec ls -dils {} ;" "-tar FILE" Adds current output to tar-format FILE. "-cpio FILE" Adds current output to old-style cpio-format FILE. "-ncpio FILE" Adds current output to "new"-style cpio-format FILE. Predicates which take a numeric argument N can come in three forms: * N is prefixed with a +: match values greater than N * N is prefixed with a -: match values less than N * N is not prefixed with either + or -: match only values equal to N SEE ALSO
find perl v5.8.0 2003-02-18 FIND2PERL(1)