Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat [Solved] Using ULL suffix in C++ code compiled on RHEL6.4 Post 302890069 by ankit_ka on Tuesday 25th of February 2014 04:03:20 AM
Old 02-25-2014
[Solved] Using ULL suffix in C++ code compiled on RHEL6.4

Hi,

I am trying to compile a piece of c++ code using the g++ compiler on an RHEL6.4 system. Here is a code snippet:

Code:
#define CDMA_TIME_OFFSET     315964800000ULL
unsigned long long int ABC=CDMA_TIME_OFFSET;

For some reason, the value assigned to ABC is only the LSB 32-bit of CDMA_TIME_OFFSET. The MSB 32-bit is being ignored.

Below are the relevant compiler options that I am using:

Code:
./x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu-g++ -c -g -pthread -lpthread -m32 -O3 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffast-math -fno-trapping-math -std=c99

Note that I have already tried including the -std=c99 option but that did not help. Could the -m32 that I have used be the reason for MSB 32-bit being ignored?

Thanks !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Why my code couldn't be compiled

#include <Xm/Xm.h> #include <Xm/PushB.h> Widget CreatePushbutton(Widget parent, char* name, XtCallbackProc callback, XtPointer client_data) { Widget push; Arg args; Cardinal n; n=0; push=XmCreatePushButton(parent, name, args, n); XtAddCallback(push,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: endeavour1985
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Symbol reference error for same code & libraries but compiled in different environmen

Hi All, I am having a code written in C++.First I build this code on SUN 5.10.It was built successfully.Following is the log when build was successful. -L/apps/compilers/SUNWspro/lib -lm -lsunmath \ -o App ld: warning: symbol `clog' has differing types: (file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: milindb
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arguments and suffix name

While calling shell script i need to use prefix . Any idea? Ex: myscript.sh -parameter1 "AA;BB" -parameter2 "DD;E" (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnjx
5 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

[Solved] Running shell code in AppleScript without Terminal

What I want my script to do is to run a command in Terminal and close that same Terminal window when the process is complete. Of course I could ad a delay of 6 seconds to complete the process, but it may not be enough every time. To simplify my question, this is what I want to achieve.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShadowofLight
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] problem - connecting code with external file

hello. this is the code #!/bin/sh total1024=0 total2048=0 total8192=0 if ; then if ; then while read variable do if ; then total1024=$(( $total1024 + 1 )) fi if ; then total2048=$((... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Telis
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Why code run not correctly

Hi there can anyone help me here is my code echo "Type in a positive number" read X I=2 while do if then echo "It is not prime" break else if then echo "It is prime" break else I=$(( $I + 1)) fi fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to refer to input file in code?

This may be a dumb question, but googling is not giving me an answer. I'm trying to figure out how to refer to an input file in my code. Lets say i run a script in bash: "sh shellscript.sh inputfile" (Inputfile will be variable...whatever file i run the script on) I wanted to make... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato22
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[SOLVED] Code does not run when assigned to a variable

I am more of a newbie, but wanted to post this in this forum as I was afraid no one would look at it in unix forums as it concerns shell scripting. I have a shell script that now runs fine with the exclusion of one line: x=`su nbadmin -c "ssh -t servery /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bplist -C... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] awk: return code from system() always 0 ??

Hi all, I currently have the following problem: In an awk script, I am calling a predifend function from the END{} and handing over a command string. This string arrives flawless and is executed like this: function send_msg( cmd_str ) { ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Help understanding this code!!

Hi guys, I am still learning awk and much apprecated to shed some light on the following: the questions asked is below! { total = i = 0 do { ++i total += $i } while ( total <= 100 ) print i, ":", total } File used: cat test.do 45 25 60 20 10 105 50 40 33 5 9 67 108 3 5 4 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Apollo
2 Replies
g-ir-compiler(1)					      General Commands Manual						  g-ir-compiler(1)

NAME
g-ir-compiler - typelib compiler. SYNOPSIS
g-ir-compiler [OPTION...] GIRFILE DESCRIPTION
g-ir-compiler converts one or more GIR files into one or more typelib. It can either emit the raw typelib blob (default behavior) or C code (--code). The output will be written to standard output unless the --output is specified. OPTIONS
---help Show help options ---code Emit C code which is suitable for including in a shared library instead of a raw typelib. ---output=FILENAME Save the resulting output in FILENAME. ---verbose Show verbose messages ---debug Show debug messages ---no-init Do not include an initialization snippet to register the typelib in the respository. This can only be used if --code is also speci- fied. ---includedir=DIRECTORY Adds a directory which will be used to find includes inside the GIR format. ---module=MODULE FIXME ---shared-library=FILENAME Specifies the shared library where the symbols in the typelib can be found. The name of the library should not contain the leading lib prefix nor the ending shared library suffix. BUGS Report bugs at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/ in the glib product and introspection component. HOMEPAGE and CONTACT http://live.gnome.org/GObjectIntrospection AUTHORS
Mattias Clasen g-ir-compiler(1)