Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Installing recent version of gmp Post 302890008 by sea on Monday 24th of February 2014 05:49:48 PM
Old 02-24-2014
You could try
Code:
yum upgrade gmp --releasever=20

This will install gmp from the Fedora release 20.
Attention, might produce dependency errors if its dependencies are shared among other installed applications on that computer.

Hope this helps

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

GMP multi precision math library

Hello all, I'm having trouble building the GNU Multi Precision (GMP 4.1.3) on the HP Intel Itanium 2 HP-UX 11i I'm hoping someone out there has had some experience building GMP on this platform. After running the ./configure and doing a make I get an error saying: `.rodata` is not a section ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vyl
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing HP-UX 11i Version 1 May 2005

Hi, I'm real novice as far as unix goes, I've been asked to help out and install HP UX on a HP RP3440 server. I have been given the CDs and a procedure. I've also been told that the CDs with the s/w is a bit old and will need to be updated. Once I have installed it, how can I verify what I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navaid
1 Replies

3. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Installing the correct version of RHEL 5 Advanced Platform.

Dear Linux Gurus and RedHat Experts, I am about to install RHEL 5 Advanced Platform x86-64 on a high end machine with 4 sockets of CPU. However, I only have the subscription number from RedHat and can log on into rhn.redhat.com. However there are only one version ISO image per CPU... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zepiroth
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the most recent file

Hi people, Please some help over here. I have logs in a directory, in which I need to get the most recent file in order to put it within other command. The format of the files are loadfiles20090308094339_41 loadfiles20090308094418_42 loadfiles20090308095457_43... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
4 Replies

6. Programming

Library linking with GMP

I am trying to set up the gnu multiple precision arithmetic library for some c++ programming I have to do. I am using a system with mac osx 10.6.3 and do NOT have root user access. I'm trying to use gmp 5.0.1. Since I don't have root user access, I had to install to a different directory Thus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluejayek
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Recent file available

Dear, Require a script to check : If the file under /opt/OV/log directory has recent 5 hours(or user defined value) file generated or not If generated then cmd to call : opcmsg a=a o=o msg_grp=OpC msg_text="Log file didn't generated on $time" s=critical (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjoshi87
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version

How to copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version automatically. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Kernel version required for installing KVM

Hi friends, I have a created a RHEL 6.4 for installing KVM in Virtual box. My machine is a 64 bit, but virtual box was not allowing to install x86_64 version RHEL. So I had to install 32 bit i686 version of RHEL. The kernel came with the CD was 2.6.32-358.el6.i686. But KVM doesnt support... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyam2j
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Downloading and installing a very old version of gcc

I would like to acquire a very old version of gcc: 4.4.3 and set it up in such a way that I can use the update-alternatives command to switch between my current version and the older version. I believe I may have found a website where I can download 4.4.3 from. However, I am not sure what all I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
6 Replies
yum-debug-restore(1)													      yum-debug-restore(1)

NAME
yum-debug-restore - replay Yum transactions captured in a debug-dump file SYNOPSIS
yum-debug-restore DESCRIPTION
yum-debug-restore is a program which takes a gzipped file created by yum-debug-dump and acts on the information about installed packages contained within. GENERAL OPTIONS
--output Output the commands that would be run to stdout. --shell=<file> Output the commands that would be run to a file. --install-latest Ask yum to install the latest version of the given packages, instead of the version that was installed in the debug-dump file. --ignore-arch Ignore the architecture of the packages, so you can "restore" an i386 debug-dump on an x86_64 machine. --filter-types=[install,remove,update,downgrade] Only perform the given types of commands, so you can filter to just upgrades and installs. FILES
As yum-debug-restore uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which repositories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum-debug-dump (1) yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. James Antill 15 December 2011 yum-debug-restore(1)