Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh sed - Extract specific lines with mulitple occurance of interesting lines Post 302889923 by Akshay Hegde on Monday 24th of February 2014 12:35:49 PM
Old 02-24-2014
Try something like this worked with given sample

Code:
$ awk '/\*|Touch:/{if(gsub(/\*/,x))$0=$1 FS $2;print}' file

Slot 1
Touch: CTSDEV.1-9-6-2R-K9.P1.SPA
Touch: CTSDEV.1-9-6-2R-K9.P1.SPA-G

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract specific lines from file

hi, how would i extract a range of lines in a file by using the line number? ex: file contains: 1 title 2 i want 3 this part 4 to be taken out 5 from this file 6 and sent to 7 another file 8 not needed 9 end of file In this case, i want to copy line number 2 to 7 on a new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract specific lines for graphing

Hello, I have a very large text file with about 2 million lines. Each of the lines starts like.. SNP_12345678 A 1212, 121, 343, ... SNP_12345678 B 4567, 567, 454, ... and so on. I want to extract specific SNPs and plot them by GNUplot or excel. The file is too large to be opened by text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genehunter
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract the lines between specific line number from a text file

Hi I want to extract certain text between two line numbers like 23234234324 and 54446655567567 How do I do this with a simple sed or awk command? Thank you. ---------- Post updated at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:55 PM ---------- found it: sed -n '#1,#2p'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: return_user
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines of text based on a specific keyword

I regularly extract lines of text from files based on the presence of a particular keyword; I place the extracted lines into another text file. This takes about 2 hours to complete using the "sort" command then Kate's find & highlight facility. I've been reading the forum & googling and can find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DionDeVille
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix: extract a specific list of lines from a file

I would like to extract specific lines from a file and output them into another file. Each line in the file has a unique ID, and I have a specific list of IDs (that are not consecutive) that I wish to extract. for example: 1 aaaaaa bbbcb cccccc 2 aaaaaa bbbbb cccccd 3 aaaaaa bbbab... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mert2481
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific lines from a file

Hi, I have a file which contains DDL statements- CREATE TABLE, CREATE INDEX, ALTER TABLE etc. I have to only pick CREATE TABLE statements from the file- Source : ---------------------------------------------- --DDL for table abc -------------------------------------------- CREATE TABLE... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newb
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing over specific lines and replacing the lines with the sum using sed, awk

Hi friends, This is sed & awk type question. I have a text file which has numbers spread all over the file. I want to sum the series of numbers whenever i find it and produce an output file with the sum. For example ###start of input text file #### abc def ghi 1 2 3 4 kjld random... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract lines with specific words with addition 2 lines before and after

Dear all, Greetings. I would like to ask for your help to extract lines with specific words in addition 2 lines before and after these lines by using awk or sed. For example, the input file is: 1 ak1 abc1.0 1 ak2 abc1.0 1 ak3 abc1.0 1 ak4 abc1.0 1 ak5 abc1.1 1 ak6 abc1.1 1 ak7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amanda Low
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines with unique value using a specific column

Hi there, I need a help with extracting data from tab delimited file which look like this #CHROM POS ID REF ALT Human Cow Dog Mouse Lizard chr2 3033 . G C 0/0 0/0 0/0 1/1 0/0 chr3 35040 . G T 0/0 0/0 ./. 1/1 0/1 chr4 60584 . T G 1/1 1/1 0/1 1/1 0/0 chr10 7147815 . G A 0/0 1/1 0/0 0/0... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: houkto
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific lines based on another file

I have a folder containing text files. I need to extract specific lines from the files of this folder based on another file input.txt. How can I do this with awk/sed? file1 ARG 81.9 8 81.9 0 LEU 27.1 9 27.1 0 PHE .0 10 .0 0 ASP 59.8 11 59.8 0 ASN 27.6 12 27.6 0 ALA .0 13 .0 0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanmathew84
5 Replies
DHU(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    DHU(4)

NAME
dhu - DHU-11 communications multiplexer SYNOPSIS
/sys/conf/SYSTEM: NDHU dhu_units # DHU11 /etc/dtab: #Name Unit# Addr Vector Br Handler(s) # Comments du ? 160020 310 5 dhurint dhuxint # dhu11 terminal mux major device number(s): raw: 4 minor device encoding: bits 0017 specify line on DHU unit bits 0060 specify DHU unit bit 0100 specify RTS/CTS flow control bit 0200 specifies non-blocking open (``CD always on'') DESCRIPTION
A DHU-11 provides 16 communication lines. Each line attached to the DHU-11 communications multiplexer behaves as described in tty(4). Input and output for each line may indepen- dently be set to run at any of 13 speeds (50, 200 and 38400 baud are not available); see tty(4) for the encoding. Bit 0200 of the minor device number for DHU lines may be set to say that a line is not properly connected, and that the line should be treated as hard-wired with carrier always present. Thus creating the special character device node "4, 130" via mknod /dev/ttyS2 c 4 130 would cause line ttyS2 to be treated in this way. Turning on bit 6 (adding 64) to the minor device number via mknod /dev/ttyS2 c 4 194 enables RTS/CTS flow control. The DHU-11 driver normally uses input silos and delays receiver interrupts by 20 milliseconds rather than taking an interrupt on each input character. FILES
/dev/tty[S-Z][0-9a-f] SEE ALSO
tty(4) DIAGNOSTICS
dhu(%d,%d) NXM. No response from UNIBUS on a DMA transfer within a timeout period. This has never been observed on a PDP-11 and is believed to be a carryover from the VAX driver when it was ported. It is not serious. dhu%d %d overruns. The character input silo overflowed before it could be serviced. This message is printed only at line close time rather than on each overrun error. Kernel printf's are not interrupt driven and caused more overruns by blocking interrupts for lengthy periods of time. NOTES
The driver currently does not make full use of the hardware capabilities of the DHU-11, for dealing with XON/XOFF flow-control or hard- wired lines for example. The 4 40-way cables are a pain. 3rd Berkeley Distribution May 31, 1997 DHU(4)