Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Command after telnet
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command after telnet Post 302889828 by rainbow19 on Monday 24th of February 2014 05:13:38 AM
Old 02-24-2014
Actually the problem in the script is that the POST command runs only after the telnet is closed...The idea here is the POST to run immediately after the telnet.

I used here "echo -n command", in order to run the lines immediately after telnet, but it doesn't work

---------- Post updated at 04:01 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:57 AM ----------

I'm trying with expect and I let you know.

Thanks

---------- Post updated at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:01 AM ----------

---------- Post updated at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:13 AM ----------

It seems I don't have it installed, and unfortunately I cannot make any change here...do you know another way to execute commands on the remote machine after doing a telnet?

Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic command to Telnet

I'm trying to send a command automatically via Telnet, but without success. I can do this: > telnet 100.100.100.1 8080 Trying 100.100.100.1... Connected to 100.100.100.1. Escape character is '^]'. Whereby I enter "command" and everything works like a charm, but I'd like to do this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ilja
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet in command prompt

Hi, i have typed telnet yahoo.com 80 in command prompt it displays as a blank command prompt page titling as Telnet Yahoo.com Other than that i am not able to get anything. can anyone sort me out the reason for this (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheeshkr_cse
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet to router and execute command

I am trying to write a shell script to execute some commands.. telnet <IP address of the router> wait 10 echo "username" echo "password" sh log exit but i am unable to execute it properly ..please help me .. thanks in advance Sri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikanthus2002
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Redirect the output of telnet command on a terminal to a file ?

(/home/user1)-> more script.sh #!/bin/ksh ( echo open devicename sleep 3; echo user; sleep 2; echo password; sleep 2; echo "/info/dump"; ---------> This needs to redirect to a file .Can be number of pages sleep 2; echo "exit" ) | telnet Please use code tags next time for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: necro98
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for telnet and run one command kill it and run another command using while loop

( sleep 3 echo ${LOGIN} sleep 2 echo ${PSWD} sleep 2 while read line do echo "$line" PID=$? sleep 2 kill -9 $PID done < temp sleep 5 echo "exit" ) | telnet ${HOST} while is executing only command and exits. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sooda
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need shell script for SMS via telnet command

I am not very much familiar with telnet based scripting so I would need your help to directly submitting sms as deliver_sm or submit_sm msg to SMSC (IP & system_id and password are already known). So, need your help to provide such script. I previously used such script but my harddisk crashed and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wasay
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If Telnet fail abort other command..??

Hi Team, I my script i telent my node ip and after loging i run some commands...But some time login fail so i want to stop script at that time.. CONFIG_CHNG.sh printf 'Please Input Node ID : ' read node node="$node" #exec > node_log_$node.log 2>&1 #set -x >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet connection closes before i execute GET command

I tried the below steps for telnet command from a remote server: 1. telnet myservice.com 443 2. GET / HTTP/1.0 3. Press enter key twice Please see the output below: bash-3.2$ hostname remoteserver1 bash-3.2$ telnet myservice.com 443 Trying 191.172.172.133... Connected to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Not able to disable finger & telnet command in Solaris 8

Hi I need to disable finger & telnet command in solaris 8 I have put the # infront of finger and telnet line in /etc/inetd.conf file. Further I have run the below command kill -1 <process id of inetd > But when I am running finger command it is till giving information for remote machine... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Telnet command on AIX

Hello, I need to verify whether I am able to make connection to a remote server from my AIX (os level : 7.1.0.0) host. The host has 2 Alias IP's how can I force an source Alias IP on the telnet command. I tried the below options but none of them worked. Is there any other command that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosebud123
6 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)