Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Issues with two versions of libstdC++.so Post 302889233 by Praveen_218 on Wednesday 19th of February 2014 01:26:42 PM
Old 02-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
Have you tired putting libstdc++.so.5 in a different place and using LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to that location?
Yes already tried. Even I created a soft link inside my present working directory to point to libstdc++.so.5; didn't work.

Did like this:
Code:
$ ln -s /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5 libstdc++.so
$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:.

I also did
Code:
 $ strace g++ simpleTrialProgram.cpp -o someExe

Just to understand how g++ is finding libraries by default and found it looks to certain number of pre-defined directories one by one on a decreasing priority (including reaching a level to look inside /usr/lib folder).

But why g++ is choosing version 6 when the same /usr/lib folder has version 5 where as gcc chooses version 5 when the same directory has higher version 6 available to it.

There must be somewhere the information g++ is driving out to select a particular version over other, when multiple available.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Link against a particular version of libstdc++

Our development machines have libstdc++.so.5 and libstdc++.so.6. When we build our native code, it uses libstdc++.so.6. Is there anyway I can force it to use libstdc++.so.5 instead ? $ ldd try /usr/lib/libcwait.so (0x00655000) libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

Is there any way to get old HP-UX versions?

I got my hands on a HP9000/380 and need a (really) old version of HP-UX, like 7 or 8. Is there any vendor who sells older versions? I did a quick search here and checked the FAQ and HPs HP-UX site but couldn't find anything. :confused: Any help is appreciated! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlundh
4 Replies

3. AIX

libstdc++.a (libstdc++.so.5) issue on AIX 5.2

hello everybody i am new on the AIX environment and i have faced an issue while running pstill it can't find ibstdc++.a (libstdc++.so.5) although i have the latest GCC and libstdc 4.0.0 i guess. So to resolve the problem i have got an old versions that i want to install on AIX: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eternalflame
5 Replies

4. Ubuntu

how to recover libstdc++.so.6

Hi! I'm using Ubuntu Karmic and I lost libstdc++.so.6. Is there a way to recover it?.. Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Unable to find libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3

Hi all, I am working on Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant) with kernel 2.6.9-5 and try to install one application but unable to install it. When I am trying to install it,it is throwing the following error-- To resolve it,I installed gcc 4.0.0 and when I am trying to see gcc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Packages required - Libaio.so.1 - Libstdc++so.6

hi guys I have to install a software that says have theses packages are required Libaio.so.1 Libstdc++so.6 are these default packages for a Suse 11 installation for instance? or do I need to download them to avoid dependency issues thanks a lot ---------- Post updated at 10:00 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

hpux vnc 4.1.3 libstdc++

It took me a while, but I found the right libsdc++ for the current free vnc 4.1.3, deep in this: http://mirrors.develooper.com/hpux/gcc-3.3.2-11.00.sd.bz Merijn's HP-UX software Download Section for ITRC members is a rich source for old libraries. So if you cannot find the right depot or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGPickett
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

Versions of HP-UX

Lo guys, I've just started a new department in work and I'm going to be using HP-UX with Vi. The problem is I'm completely new to UNIX, I'm currently learning at work but I only have limited amounts of time on our dev systems. Is it possible to get a free/educational version any where? I don't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: john2012
4 Replies
cc(1B)						     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						    cc(1B)

NAME
cc - C compiler SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/cc [options] DESCRIPTION
/usr/ucb/cc is the interface to the BSD Compatibility Package C compiler. It is a script that looks for the link /usr/ccs/bin/ucbcc to the C compiler. The /usr/ccs/bin/ucbcc link is available only with the SPROcc package, whose default location is /opt/SUNWspro. The /usr/ucb/cc interface is identical to /usr/ccs/bin/ucbcc, except that BSD headers are used and BSD libraries are linked before base libraries. The /opt/SUNWspro/man/man1/acc.1 man page is available only with the SPROcc package. OPTIONS
The /usr/ucb/cc interface accepts the same options as /usr/ccs/bin/ucbcc, with the following exceptions: -Idir Search dir for included files whose names do not begin with a slash (/) prior to searching the usual directories. The directo- ries for multiple -I options are searched in the order specified. The preprocessor first searches for #include files in the directory containing sourcefile, and then in directories named with -I options (if any), then /usr/ucbinclude, and finally, in /usr/include. -Ldir Add dir to the list of directories searched for libraries by /usr/ccs/bin/ucbcc. This option is passed to /usr/ccs/bin/ld and /usr/lib. Directories specified with this option are searched before /usr/ucblib and /usr/lib. -Y P, dir Change the default directory used for finding libraries. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful compilation or link edit. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/usr/ccs/bin/ld link editor /usr/lib/libc C library /usr/ucbinclude BSD Compatibility directory for header files /usr/ucblib BSD Compatibility directory for libraries /usr/ucblib/libucb BSD Compatibility C library /usr/lib/libsocket library containing socket routines /usr/lib/libnsl library containing network functions /usr/lib/libelf library containing routines to process ELF object files /usr/lib/libaio library containing asynchronous I/O routines ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ld(1), a.out(4), attributes(5) NOTES
The -Y P, dir option may have unexpected results and should not be used. SunOS 5.11 24 Feb 1998 cc(1B)