Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Who are all opening my datasets,? Post 302889156 by subbarao12 on Wednesday 19th of February 2014 07:34:56 AM
Old 02-19-2014
Thanks Don for the info,

Here it goes,

we do generate 1000's of files in various folders (Libraries) using SAS in UNIX os. I need to generate, users who are using these files. So, i just wanted to know is there any process/script to accomplish the task.

Please let me know if you still need info on this.

Thank you.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

opening floppy

I have solaris 8 (Intel Version) and I was wondering how I can transfer a bunch of text files (shellscripts) via floppy. I don't have internet connectivity with my Solaris pc so I can't download the files. I have the text files on my windows 2000 pc and copied them to a floppy but when I try to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Please help with opening a port??

Hello all, I need assistance... I need to open a port # 36677 and have it remain open even after a power cycle. I thought all I needed to do was add it to /etc/services. That was not it... Can someone please tell me how to do this. Thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
6 Replies

3. Solaris

SMC not opening

I am working with Solaris 9.In that I am trying to open SMC(Solaris Management Console) but when I am clicking it,nothing is opening. Can any1 tell me why it is not opening??:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Planning on writing a Guide to Working with Large Datasets

In a recent research experiment I was handling, I faced this task of managing huge amounts of data to the order of Terabytes and with the help of many people here, I managed to learn quite a lot of things in the whole process. I am sure that many people will keep facing these situations quite often... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Copy data from zfs datasets

I 've few data sets in my zfs pool which has been exported to the non global zones and i want to copy data on those datasets/file systems to my datasets in new pool mounted on global zone, how can i do that ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

6. AIX

Problem in ftpying the datasets containing comp values to AIX from mainframe

Hi, When i am trying to ftp COBOL generated data sets which contain comp values to AIX in ASCII mode. the comp values are getting corrupted. If i ftp the data set in binary mode it is working properly, but for this i have to change some compiler options in the COBOL. Also if i want to use the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekhar gajjala
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with opening webpage with IP#

Hi, I would like to open a webpage from an IP# from a file. Lets say I findout an IP address from using grep grep John remotecomputers.txt result: 192.168.2.1 Then after that I would like to increment the IP# to 192.168.2.2 from 192.168.2.1 After that I woud like to launch mozilla or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthach830
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opening a browser

Hi, I want to open an browser from unix terminal.For example i want to go to google site from my unix cmd prompt what command should i use.I am using korn shell. Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakesh
7 Replies
drslib()																  drslib()

NAME
drs_tool - Command-line interface to DRSLIB SYNPOSIS
DESCRIPTION
USAGE
Usage Usage: drs_tool [command] [options] [drs-pattern] command: list list publication-level datasets todo show file operations pending for the next version upgrade make changes to the selected datasets to upgrade to the next version mapfile make a mapfile of the selected dataset history list all versions of the selected dataset init initialise CMIP5 product detection data OPTIONS
--help display this help message and exit --version output version information and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -R ROOT, --root=ROOT Root directory of the DRS tree -I INCOMING, --incoming=INCOMING Incoming directory for DRS files. Defaults to <root>/output -a ACTIVITY, --activity=ACTIVITY Set DRS attribute activity for dataset discovery -p PRODUCT, --product=PRODUCT Set DRS attribute product for dataset discovery -i INSTITUTE, --institute=INSTITUTE Set DRS attribute institute for dataset discovery -m MODEL, --model=MODEL Set DRS attribute model for dataset discovery -e EXPERIMENT, --experiment=EXPERIMENT Set DRS attribute experiment for dataset discovery -f FREQUENCY, --frequency=FREQUENCY Set DRS attribute frequency for dataset discovery -r REALM, --realm=REALM Set DRS attribute realm for dataset discovery -v VERSION, --version=VERSION Force version upgrades to this version -P FILE, --profile=FILE Profile the script exectuion into FILE --detect-product Automatically detect the DRS product of incoming data REQUIRES
FILES
drs_tool uses metaconfig to configure and store configuration information. Its configuration may be found then in a metaconfig.conf file, in /etc/metaconfig/metaconfig.conf on Debian systems, which may be overriden by $HOME/.metaconfig.conf or ./metaconfig.conf ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The variable METACONF_CONF VERSION
0.3.0a3 BUGS
To query and report bugs in drs_tool, please use reportbug on Debian systems. SEE ALSO
http://esgf.org/esgf-drslib-site/index.html AUTHOR
DRSLIB was written by Stephen Pascoe, STFC.SC.UK. This manual page was written by Alastair McKinstry. drslib()