Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh : Building an array based on condition result Post 302888985 by Perderabo on Tuesday 18th of February 2014 08:37:20 AM
Old 02-18-2014
This doesn't seem to need any array. Here is what I would do... (untested)
Code:
output=""
[[ "$prit" != "$tsver" ]] && output="${output}${prit}"
output="${output},"
[[ "$lt" != "$tsver" ]] && output="${output}${lt}"
output="${output},"
[[ "$rt" != "$tsver" ]] && output="${output}${rt}"
output="${output},"
echo $output >> Errorlog

Whatever you do you need one last echo with no -n so you terminate your line.
This User Gave Thanks to Perderabo For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prase a file and stored the result to an array

Dear all , I have a file whose content has the following format: jboss.web:type=ThreadPool,name=AAAA jboss.web:type=ThreadPool,name=BBBB How can I parse this file to get the value of the name of each line (AAAA , BBBB) and store the result to an array ? (array = AAAA , array = BBBB).... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: youareapkman
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prase a file and store and result to an array

Dear all, I have a file having the following formats: ThreadFail=Web1=1234 ThreadFail=Web2=2345 ThreadFail=Web3=12 ConnectionFail=DB1=11 ConnectionFail=DB2=22 The number of lines will be different from every time . How can I parse the file and store the result to an a array inside... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: youareapkman
6 Replies

3. Solaris

building solaris-based enterprise router-firewall project

hi guys, its been a while since my last visit here, could not keep up the pace on this ever changing industry :) i'd just doing my home research under vmware to make a solaris-based router-firewall using zones - doing a lot of reading about zones & review solaris zone functionality. and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stdout
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter the column and print the result based on condition

Hi all This is my output of the some SQL Query TABLESPACE_NAME FILE_NAME TOTALSPACE FREESPACE USEDSPACE Free ------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------- ---------- --------- ---------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhon
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Result set into an array

Hi, I have an issue with the result set. I wanted to run db2 query against db2 server in unix environment using perl script. I wanted to get the result set into an array. $db=<<DB_Name>> connect to $db get connection state this is my query = SELECT DISTINCT 'R' FROM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solo123
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: how to extract strings from each line based on a condition

Hi , I'm a newbie.Never worked on Unix before. I want a shell script to perform the following: I want to extract strings from each line ,based on the type of line(Nameline,Subline) and output it to another file.Below is a sample format. 2010-12-21 14:00"1"Nameline"Midterm"First Name:Jane ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angie1234
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to output the array result into a matrix

I have a file like this: ASSPASVFETQY,hTRBV12-4,hTRBJ2-5,2 ASSPASTGGDYGYT,hTRBV18,hTRBJ1-2,2 ASSPASGDGYT,hTRBV5-1,hTRBJ1-2,2 ASSPASFPEDTQY,hTRBV27,hTRBJ2-3,2 ASSPARVNYGYT,hTRBV5-1,hTRBJ1-2,2 ASSPARTSGGLNEQF,hTRBV6-4,hTRBJ2-1,2 ASSPARQSYNEQF,hTRBV11-1,hTRBJ2-1,2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xshang
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition based on Timestamp (Date/Time based) from logfile (Epoch seconds)

Below is the sample logfile: Userids Date Time acb Checkout time: 2013-11-20 17:00 axy Checkout time: 2013-11-22 12:00 der Checkout time: 2013-11-17 17:00 xyz Checkout time: 2013-11-19 16:00 ddd Checkout time: 2013-11-21 16:00 aaa Checkout... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - building a var

This works #!/bin/ksh FILE="file.txt" dosumtin () { date >> FILE } for i in {1..5} do dosumtin done cat $FILE But instead of building a file, I want to do the same with a var or an array. That is, to build one that saves all 5 of the subs execution responses in a var or an... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If condition with array

hi, say if my array has the following integer values.array=( 5 10 15 20 )and A assigns to 5.A=5How do I if condition to check against if value A is in this array or not, in shell script? thx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: martin5kh
5 Replies
suspend(1)							   User Commands							suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)