Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Send alert once only
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Send alert once only Post 302888909 by ust03 on Tuesday 18th of February 2014 01:41:17 AM
Old 02-18-2014
Send alert once only

In my Nagios , when it found error , it will repeatly send alert email ( around 20 mins ) to mail box , could advise if I would like to change , it only send ONE TIME
when it found the error , what can I do ? thanks
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Login ID ust3 is currently in read-only mode for multiple infractions. Creating new identities to avoid restrictions is not allowed. This thread is closed.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 02-18-2014 at 02:50 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help? Any method to send system alert email?

Dear All, I am a newer of Unix Administrator. I would like to know any way to make Unix syslog critical error send automatically to me by email. Then I don't need to check it manually and frequency everyday. Any suggestion? Thanks for all your kindly help. Jacky (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ITJacky
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to send alert mail

hi, i need to monitor a cron job that runs every 5 mins. if this cron job does not process the request for more than 6 hrs, an alert mail should be sent. how do i achieve this?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smurala
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use SSH to connect to Primary DB and send alert mail

Hi All, AIX 5.3 64 bit: I am using the below shell script the objective is: Objective: ======== Use SQL*Plus to query the MAX(SEQUENCE#) from both databases V$LOG_HISTORY view. If the STANDBY appears to be falling behind,then send alert mail through the below shell script: How... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a script to send alert for some particular hours in a day

Hi All, I have a have a script which checks for some processes whether they are running or not and if they are not running then it send a mail specifying that the processes are not running. This particular script example abc.ksh is runs in a cron like this 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * *... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
5 Replies

5. AIX

How to send alert by email whenever failed login

Hi, I want to write a script to send alert by email whenever any failed login to the AIX. Can anyone tell how to do that? Thanks! Victor (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Poll for a file. If not present...Send a alert mail

Dear Experts, I have a requirement where a 3rd party system places a file in my folder.I am running on HP UNIX. I would like to have a unix script which will check for the existence of the file. If yes OK. if the file is not placed then it has to send a mail to couple of emails ids saying that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send alert if any changes are made in crontab.

Hi i want to know how can i write a script to check if any changes are made and send an alert in crontabs . i am using .ksh file extension for writing scripts. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: honey26
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exists if not send an alert

Hi, Im looking to write a script to check if a file exists and if it doesnt then send an email out, Ive found the below code but I don't understand the ! in the if statement can anyone explain? Any help will be much appreciated #!/bin/bash if then echo "File not exists" |... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02JayJay02
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send mail alert

HI Guys, I am writing one shell script to send the mail alert to some email id's if the file not modified in last 10 mins but its not working, I believe MTIME is null string is wrong . can you please assist me on this. script :- filename="abc.txt" echo "Filename is $filename"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to send mail alert

Hi I have below shell script to send mail alert , however I want to add more functionality in this script and that is , script should only check that file between 9 am to 5pm , and if there is no activity in this time 9 am to 5 pm for 2hours then it should give me mail alert, please help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scazed
2 Replies
2004-04-16

mailping

MAILPING-LATENCY(1)						     Mailping						       MAILPING-LATENCY(1)

NAME
mailping-latency - Munin plugin to graph latency of mail deliveries SYNOPSIS
/usr/share/mailping/munin-plugins/mailping-latency {[config] | ['']} DESCRIPTION
mailping-latency is a Munin plugin that monitors the time spent between email submit and it's delivery. Configuration output When passed config, it outputs Munin configuration information. If there are no circuits defined (no subdirectories in /etc/mailping), it specifies that Munin should draw no graph either. If configuration files /etc/mailping/circuit/warnlatency and /etc/mailping/circuit/faillatency exist, the values in them are passed on to Munin, for use in Nagios alert integration. Value output When passed an empty string '', mailping-latency outputs latency of last successful probe message, for each configured circuit. FILES
/etc/mailping/ List of circuits that exist; each subdirectory is a circuit. /etc/mailping/circuit/warnlatency If latency is greater than this many seconds, a Nagios warning is triggered by Munin (assuming it has been configured to do that). Default: no warnings. /etc/mailping/circuit/faillatency If latency is greater than this many seconds, a Nagios alert is triggered by Munin (assuming it has been configured to do that). Default: no alerts. /var/lib/mailping/state/circuit/latency Amount of latency in seconds of the last successful probe for circuit. ENVIRONMENT
MAILPING_CONFIGDIR Override the location of the configuration directory. Default: /etc/mailping MAILPING_STATEDIR Override the location of the state directory. Circuit states are stored in the state subdirectory of this directory, in subdirectories named after the circuit name. Default: /var/lib/mailping SEE ALSO
mailping-success(1), mailping-cron(1), mailping-store(1), munin-run(8), munin-node(8) AUTHOR
Tommi Virtanen <tv@havoc.fi> Havoc Consulting Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004 Havoc Consulting mailping 0. 2004-04-16 MAILPING-LATENCY(1)