Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ASN.1 Decoder UNIX Code
Top Forums Programming ASN.1 Decoder UNIX Code Post 302888637 by fpmurphy on Sunday 16th of February 2014 10:05:31 AM
Old 02-16-2014
I have no idea what you want as you never bothered to explain it to us in detail. It seems that you now wish to decode an Abobe AIR binary using an ASN.1 schema. Is this correct?

Vague query:
Quote:
i got a schema and binary file. my target is to decode this binary file with the given schema
Just having a schema is not sufficient to decode a binary file. That is only the start of the required work. That is just a blueprint for the layout of the various elements that make up the binary file.

You need to provide specific information on what you want if you want specific answers. Vague information leads to vague answers. What schema? What type of binary file? What language do you wish to code in?

Last edited by fpmurphy; 02-16-2014 at 11:13 AM..

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

core file decoder needed

All, Remotely logged in to the UNIX server (HP B1000 Visual Server) (Version HP-UX 10.20) by using the program Xapplauncher. This is a application runs under Exceed. (Exceed "version 6.1" is a Windows application to communicate with UNIX servers) With no pre warnings the application was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbekker
2 Replies

2. Programming

ASN.1 decoder

Hi All, I am fairly new to this so please forgive me, Currently I have an ASN.1 which I would like the ability to load this to my work server in order to enter a string of output decode and display the output. There are methods online as shown on ASN.1 JavaScript decoder however I have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
3 Replies

3. Solaris

ASN Binary to ASCII

Dears, I need help to convert the binary file into ASCII format. Actually we have CDRs which is generated by telecom switch at this is in ASN1 format or binary format, I need to convert those binary formatted file into ASCII format using Perl, or shell scripting. Is there any way to solve... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PRINCESS_RORO
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Python Programming for ASN.1 file

Hi. Has anyone here got an experience doing conversion from asn1 format to a readable format so that it can be processed by Oracle? I want to load the data into a table. This is a CDR file. Attached is the pairing file. Please remove the .txt at the end. Someone said that it is possible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aimy
1 Replies
DDIS(5) 							File Formats Manual							   DDIS(5)

Name
       DDIS - Digital Data Interchange Syntax / ISO ASN.1 (DDIS/ASN.1) files

Description
       DDIS/ASN.1 files conform to Digital's Digital Data Interchange Syntax.  DDIS conforms to syntaxes that can be defined within the specifica-
       tions of International Standards Organization Abstract Syntax Notation One (ISO ASN.1), but is not itself an  implementation  of  full  ISO
       ASN.1 syntax.

DDIS/ASN.1 files conform to the DDIS/ASN.1 syntax.  The DDIS/ASN.1 syntax is itself used to define other syntaxes.  The following are among
       the syntaxes that are subsets of DDIS/ASN.1:

DDIF   Digital Document Interchange Format

DTIF   Digital Table Interchange Format

DOTS   Data Object Transport Syntax

Files that conform to one of the DDIS/ASN.1 family of syntaxes are described as DDIS/ASN.1 files.  More specifically,  however,	the  files
       are typed according to a particular DDIS/ASN.1 syntax.  For example, a file that conforms to the DDIF syntax is a DDIF file, and is identi-
       fied by the command as a ddis/ddif file. The command includes the string ddis/ as a part of its output if a file belongs in the	DDIS  fam-
       ily.

See Also
       ctod(1), dtoc(1), DDIF(5), DOTS(5), DTIF(5), CDA(5)

DDIS(5)