Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat [Solved] Redhat system is not booting in GUI mode Post 302888553 by igsmigs on Saturday 15th of February 2014 06:45:15 AM
Old 02-15-2014
i think that you install basic server mode you must install desktop!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

booting up in Redhat Linux 7.1

When I created the redhat installation, I configured it to boot directly into GNOME, but now I want it to boot into the shell login screen. How can I change that? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

<< booting problem with redhat 8.0 >>

i have the Redhat installed in this Hard Drive and i wanna use it in this old computer of mine.. it works fine in my new computer.. but when i put it in my old one.. which is.. P1 150MHz 32MBramz it wont load the kernal and keeps on restarting the computer.. keeps on goin like this.. i get the GRUB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dezithug
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Machine is booting to maintenance mode.

I had a power failure the other day and when my relatively new Solaris 10 machine rebooted it is thrown into maintenance mode. I've found the following lines in the /var/adm/messages file, I'm assuming this is the root cause of the problem. However, I don't have the slightest idea on how to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheetobandito
9 Replies

4. HP-UX

how to distinguish standard system mode or trust system mode

I think that if the directory /tcb exists, HP-UX is in trusted mode and the passwd data is somewhere in /tcb/files/auth. But that's all I remember. Also I think recent versions of HP-UX can have a /etc/shadow file. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

5. BSD

OpenBSD downgrades HDD transfer mode, I want to upgrade it WITHOUT BOOTING

Hi, I have a crappy hard disk and am trying to back up stuff from it onto my newer hopefully less crappy disk. There are dead sectors on the disk and some files can't be read (at all) so OpenBSD downgrades the transfer mode down until PIO mode 4. I noticed the transfer speed slowing down... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fiori_musicali
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris in GUI mode

Hi we work on solaris machines and access them in Command line mode using telnet services. Can they be accessed in GUI mode. If yes please advice as I have came to know that Solaris 9.0 supports GUI mode also. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sukhvinder_Tm
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Fedora booting in text mode (screen messes up)

Hello everyone Had a problem booting Fedora. I installed it as a server without any desktop environment(kde, gnome) except for X. Problem is when i booting system after it loads kernel suddenly screen messes up with parts of fedora graphics(it's not clear but you can see it -... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dimamu15
8 Replies

8. Hardware

How to go to GUI from text mode?

Dear All, i am trying to install the redhat linux using graphical mode...but it stucks while probing video card...i have installed linux using text mode it works fine and whole the installation goes fine. after installation if i give startx command it again stucks....looks like a vga card... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaheer.gr8
9 Replies

9. Solaris

System booting to maintenance mode

Hi Guys, I have a sunblade 1500. I booted the system and it booted to maintenance mode. How can I fix this? Thanks lots (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
8 Replies

10. Fedora

[SOLVED] How to be the ROOT through GUI mode in fedora 15

Whenevr i am trying to access ROOT file in Fedora 15 by double clicking, its showing I dont have enough permission to access it and its not showing the inside access... How to solve it?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amisubha
4 Replies
install(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					       install(1B)

NAME
install - install files SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/install [-cs] [-g group] [-m mode] [-o owner] filename1 filename2 /usr/ucb/install [-cs] [-g group] [-m mode] [-o owner] filename... directory /usr/ucb/install -d [-g group] [-m mode] [-o owner] directory DESCRIPTION
install is used within makefiles to copy new versions of files into a destination directory and to create the destination directory itself. The first two forms are similar to the cp(1) command with the addition that executable files can be stripped during the copy and the owner, group, and mode of the installed file(s) can be given. The third form can be used to create a destination directory with the required owner, group and permissions. Note: install uses no special privileges to copy files from one place to another. The implications of this are: o You must have permission to read the files to be installed. o You must have permission to copy into the destination file or directory. o You must have permission to change the modes on the final copy of the file if you want to use the -m option to change modes. o You must be superuser if you want to specify the ownership of the installed file with -o. If you are not the super-user, or if -o is not in effect, the installed file will be owned by you, regardless of who owns the original. OPTIONS
-c Copy files. In fact install always copies files, but the -c option is retained for backwards compatibility with old shell scripts that might otherwise break. -d Create a directory. Missing parent directories are created as required as in mkdir -p. If the directory already exists, the owner, group and mode will be set to the values given on the command line. -s Strip executable files as they are copied. -g group Set the group ownership of the installed file or directory. (staff by default.) -m mode Set the mode for the installed file or directory. (0755 by default.) -o owner If run as root, set the ownership of the installed file to the user-ID of owner. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
chgrp(1), chmod(1), chown(1), cp(1), mkdir(1), strip(1), install(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 install(1B)