Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Is original file modified when pigz is interrupted? Post 302888335 by colin123 on Thursday 13th of February 2014 11:20:02 PM
Old 02-14-2014
Is original file modified when pigz is interrupted?

I had to stop a pigz (parallel gzip) compression before it completed. Is the original uncompressed file changed/corrupted?

I was under the impression that the original file is not changed during compression, though it is deleted if the compression is successful.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp - get file and keep original timestamp?

Can you ftp (get) a file from another server and keep the timestamp on the file that is on the other server? ie. server1 server2 - Mar 12 12:30 /filename1 On Mar 15 at 13:00 server1 ftp to server2 and get /filename1 I want the file filename1 to have the date (Mar 12 12:30) on the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to retrieve original contents of a modified file (modified using vi)

Made changes to a file using vi editor and saved those changes now realised that the changes are not required How can I get the previous version of the file.i.e the one which was there on which I had made changes (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice100
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a filename modified by attaching modified timestamp

Hi, I want to modify a filename in AIX by attaching the last modified timestamp. I want the timestamp completely in numerical format (eg:200905081210. yr-2009, mnth - 05, date -08, hr - 12, mins - 10). For example if the filename is a.log and it was modified on April 6th 2008 at 21.00. I... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ruks
16 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CSV file:Find duplicates, save original and duplicate records in a new file

Hi Unix gurus, Maybe it is too much to ask for but please take a moment and help me out. A very humble request to you gurus. I'm new to Unix and I have started learning Unix. I have this project which is way to advanced for me. File format: CSV file File has four columns with no header... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindosu
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to change original file

I have a script where I have the command sed "s/$search_string/$replace_string/g" $backup However I want a command to correct the original file $backup as well as creating another file with the changes which I have in my script already. In other words, I want to touch the orginal file also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alis
1 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

arecord not interrupted after specified duration

I have used the arecord command like this arecord -d 1 test.wav It is keep on waiting. I need to manually interrupt it by ctrl-c. Why it is not interrupting after one second? The arecord version which I am using is : arecord: version 1.0.23 by Jaroslav Kysela (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thillai_selvan
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The original AF counter that has yet to be modified.

Hi guys... This was my original attempt at the AF Frequency Counter for the AudioScope.sh project... #!/bin/bash # Set the startup values... data="?" freq=0 number="" subscript=0 waveform=0 # An initial screen... clear printf "\nA simple 50 Hz to 3500 Hz audio frequency... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge different files into the original file

Hello Below is my requirement I have 3 files A1.txt , A2.txt and A3.txt . A2 is dynamically generating file I want the merge of A1,A2 and A3 in A2.txt Could you please help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
3 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Folder location interrupted

Have had hidden/interrupted folder. It is on a NTFS-partition I use for OS and Bootcamp. I think that the problem is a HFS+ problem. I happened with all the folder which had a slash "/" in their folder name. So for example I had the folder "test/rand". Recently it disappeared from finder. In... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sceltecs
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the original file size of encrypted file

Hi, I am trying to find out the original file size of an encrypted file in SunOS. The file was decrypted with gpg command. I want to know the size of the orginal file without decrypting it. I am using the below command, but it is not working for big files(more than 1 GB). gpg --passphrase... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
4 Replies
SSL_COMP_add_compression_method(3)				      OpenSSL					SSL_COMP_add_compression_method(3)

NAME
SSL_COMP_add_compression_method - handle SSL/TLS integrated compression methods SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> int SSL_COMP_add_compression_method(int id, COMP_METHOD *cm); DESCRIPTION
SSL_COMP_add_compression_method() adds the compression method cm with the identifier id to the list of available compression methods. This list is globally maintained for all SSL operations within this application. It cannot be set for specific SSL_CTX or SSL objects. NOTES
The TLS standard (or SSLv3) allows the integration of compression methods into the communication. The TLS RFC does however not specify compression methods or their corresponding identifiers, so there is currently no compatible way to integrate compression with unknown peers. It is therefore currently not recommended to integrate compression into applications. Applications for non-public use may agree on certain compression methods. Using different compression methods with the same identifier will lead to connection failure. An OpenSSL client speaking a protocol that allows compression (SSLv3, TLSv1) will unconditionally send the list of all compression methods enabled with SSL_COMP_add_compression_method() to the server during the handshake. Unlike the mechanisms to set a cipher list, there is no method available to restrict the list of compression method on a per connection basis. An OpenSSL server will match the identifiers listed by a client against its own compression methods and will unconditionally activate compression when a matching identifier is found. There is no way to restrict the list of compression methods supported on a per connection basis. The OpenSSL library has the compression methods COMP_rle() and (when especially enabled during compilation) COMP_zlib() available. WARNINGS
Once the identities of the compression methods for the TLS protocol have been standardized, the compression API will most likely be changed. Using it in the current state is not recommended. RETURN VALUES
SSL_COMP_add_compression_method() may return the following values: 0 The operation succeeded. 1 The operation failed. Check the error queue to find out the reason. SEE ALSO
ssl(3) 50 2013-03-05 SSL_COMP_add_compression_method(3)