Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep regex filter
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep regex filter Post 302887572 by MadeInGermany on Sunday 9th of February 2014 01:44:33 AM
Old 02-09-2014
That's UUOC, could be simply <<test grep -w
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter results through pipe with grep

ls -ltr | grep string How can I use regular expressions to filter the results provided even more. I am using the above command as a reference. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckandreou
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep script to filter

Hi, Wondering if anyone could help me with a simple script to filter out multiple things from a file. Right now I just have long lines of grep -v remove file | greg -v etc etc What I would like to do is have grep -v <run everything in a file> tofilter If that makes sense. Basically a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevin9
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ps avg | grep ? filter the desired out put.

Hi Folk, Following is the command I used to get data related to the DataFlowEngine. I wanted to know the % usage of cpu and memory. ps avg | grep Data This command will show the processes with its PID as : PID TTY STAT TIME PGIN SIZE RSS LIM TSIZ TRS %CPU %MEM COMMAND ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varungupta
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

| help | unix | grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1 | advanced regex syntax

Hello, I'm working on unix with grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1. I'm going through some of the newer regex syntax using Regular Expression Reference - Advanced Syntax a guide. ls -aLl /bin | grep "\(x\)" Which works, just highlights 'x' where ever, when ever. I'm trying to to get (?:) to work but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MykC
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

filter grep command

I have ran into a small issue and I am not sure how to fix it. In one of our current scripts we have this line which does a grep to get the pid of the process. ps -ef | grep nco_p_syslog | grep $x | awk '{print $2}' However this is not returning anything due to the how long the value... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter on a grep

I am attempting to figure out how to only capture part of a grep command I am doing. So far no luck. When I execute.... leviathan:/gfs/home/tivoli>ps -ef | /usr/ucb/ps -auxww | grep nco_p_syslog The results are.... tivoli 10185 0.0 0.0 5888 5168 ? S Oct 23 0:26... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to filter only the last 'n' lines of a grep output?

I am running a grep query for searching a pattern, and the output is quite huge. I want only the last 200 lines to be displayed, and I am not sure if tail will do the trick (can tail read from std in/out instead of files?). Please help me out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shell_newbie
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How set filter netstat -an | grep -P '\:'38''

Hi, I can write sh script for Linux platform I run: netstat -an | grep -P '\:'38''| grep ESTABLISHED but result: # netstat -an | grep -P '\:'38''| grep ESTABLISHED tcp 0 0 172.16.1.107:383 172.16.1.81:49981 ESTABLISHED tcp 0 0... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ostapv
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter (by max length) only lines not matching regex

I have a large file of many pairs of sequences and their headers, which always begin with '>' I'm looking for help on how to retain only sequences (and their headers) below a certain length. So if min length was 10, output would be I can filter by length, but I'm not sure how to exclude... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter pattern in grep command

Hi, I am having a file like below hello how are you hello... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
5 Replies
CVS-DEBUILD(1)						      General Commands Manual						    CVS-DEBUILD(1)

NAME
cvs-debuild - build a Debian package using cvs-buildpackage and debuild SYNOPSIS
cvs-debuild [debuild options] [cvs-buildpackage options] [--lintian-opts lintian options] DESCRIPTION
cvs-debuild is a wrapper around cvs-buildpackage to run it with debuild as the package-building program. (This cannot simply be accom- plished using the -C option of cvs-buildpackage, as it does not know how to handle all of the special debuild options.) The program simply stashes the debuild and lintian options, and passes them to debuild when it is called by cvs-buildpackage. All of the standard debuild options may be used (as listed below), but note that the root command specified by any --rootcmd or -r command-line option will be passed as an option to cvs-buildpackage. The first non-debuild option detected will signal the start of the cvs-buildpackage options. The selection of the root command is slightly subtle: if there are any command-line options, these will be used. If not, then if cvs- buildpackage is set up to use a default root command, that will be used. Finally, if neither of these are the case, then debuild will use its procedures to determine an appropriate command, as described in its documentation. See the manpages for debuild(1) and cvs-buildpackage for more information about the behaviour of each. OPTIONS
The following are the debuild options recognised by cvs-debuild. All cvs-buildpackage and lintian options are simply passed to the appro- priate program. For explanations of the meanings of these variables, see debuild(1). --no-conf, --noconf --rootcmd=gain-root-command, -rgain-root-command --preserve-env --preserve-envvar=var, -evar --set-envvar=var=value, -evar=value --lintian, --no-lintian --ignore-dirname, --check-dirname These should not be needed, but it is provided nevertheless. SEE ALSO
cvs-buildpackage(1), debuild(1), dpkg-buildpackage(1) and lintian(1). AUTHOR
This program was written by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities CVS-DEBUILD(1)