Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Makefile No rule to make target Post 302887415 by kristinu on Friday 7th of February 2014 11:15:18 AM
Old 02-07-2014
Makefile No rule to make target

I am trying to create a makefile to build a program and am getting the following error:

Code:
make -f tsimplex.mk
make: *** No rule to make target `/main/tsimplex_main.cpp', needed by `tsimplex_main.o'.  Stop.

Code:
OPSYS = $(shell uname -s )

TARGET = tsimplex

ROOTDIR = ../../..
GTSDIR = $(ROOTDIR)/tomso/
OBJDIR = $(ROOTDIR)/tools/release/obj
BINDIR = $(ROOTDIR)/tools/release/bin

MAINDIR = $(SRCDIR)/main

# C++ compiler
CPP_COMP = g++

# C++ compiler options
CPP_OPTS = -I$(ROOTDIR)/ -O3  -Wno-non-template-friend -Wno-deprecated -DNDEBUG

# Directories

LIBINC = $(GTSDIR)/parse/loglev.hpp       \
    $(GTSDIR)/parse/parse.hpp             \
    $(GTSDIR)/parse/prargs.hpp            \
    $(GTSDIR)/parse/errors.hpp            \
    $(GTSDIR)/algeb/numeric.hpp           \
    $(GTSDIR)/optim/simplex.hpp           \
    $(GTSDIR)/tomog/tomog.hpp             \
    $(GTSDIR)/main/help/tsimplex_help.hpp 

LIBSRC = $(SRCDIR)/algeb/impl/cpp/vect.cpp     \
    $(SRCDIR)/algeb/impl/vector.ipp            \
    $(SRCDIR)/tomog/impl/tomog.ipp             \
    $(SRCDIR)/parse/impl/parse.ipp             \
    $(SRCDIR)/optim/impl/simplex.ipp           \
    $(SRCDIR)/algeb/impl/matrix.ipp            \
    $(SRCDIR)/parse/impl/cpp/string.cpp        \
    $(SRCDIR)/raytr/impl/cpp/layer.cpp         \
    $(SRCDIR)/raytr/impl/cpp/layintfclinr.cpp  \
    $(SRCDIR)/raytr/impl/cpp/laymodellinr.cpp  \
    $(SRCDIR)/raytr/impl/cpp/velmod.cpp        \
    $(SRCDIR)/main/help/impl/tsimplex_help.cpp

.PHONY : help

$(TARGET) : tsimplex_main.o error.o numeric.o
    $(CPP_COMP) -o $(TARGET) tsimplex_main.o numeric.o error.o

tsimplex_main.o : $(MAINDIR)/tsimplex_main.cpp
    g++ $(CPP_OPTS) -c $(MAINDIR)/tsimplex_main.cpp

tomog.o : $(SRCDIR)/tomog/impl/cpp/tomog.cpp
    g++ $(CPP_OPTS) -c $(SRCDIR)/tomog/impl/cpp/tomog.cpp

numeric.o : $(SRCDIR)/algeb/numeric.cpp
    g++ $(CPP_OPTS) -c $(SRCDIR)/algeb/numeric.cpp

error.o : $(SRCDIR)/parse/impl/cpp/error.cpp
    g++ $(CPP_OPTS) -c $(SRCDIR)/parse/impl/cpp/error.cpp

tsimplex_help.o : $(MAINDIR)/help/impl/cpp/tsimplex_help.cpp $(INCDIR)/parse/prargs.hpp
    g++ $(CPP_OPTS) -c $(MAINDIR)/help/impl/cpp/tsimplex_help.cpp

prargs.o : $(SRCDIR)/parse/impl/cpp/prargs.cpp $(INCDIR)/parse/prargs.hpp $(INCDIR)/algeb/vect2.hpp
    g++ $(CPP_OPTS) -c $(SRCDIR)/parse/impl/cpp/prargs.cpp

loglev.o : $(SRCDIR)/parse/impl/cpp/loglev.cpp $(INCDIR)/parse/loglev.hpp
    g++ $(CPP_OPTS) -c $(SRCDIR)/parse/impl/cpp/loglev.cpp

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make and clean in a single rule in the makefile.

Hi, This stems from the following thread https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=18299 I have a makefile which makes either executables or a shared library. i.e. make -f unix.mak will create the executables and make -f unix.mak libolsv will create the shared library. Since these have to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Makefile:57: *** multiple target patterns. Stop.

Hi, I am getting the following error while building on Solaris 64 , while I am trying to build. Error Snippet :- ---------------------- Makefile:57: *** multiple target patterns. Stop. make: Leaving directory `/work1/patch/vds6053sun64o/vobs/jvi' make: *** Error 2 make: Leaving directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nileshborate
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile debug target

Hello, I'm having a problem with a makefile script i'm trying to write. I want to compile a C++ program in two possible ways: "make" (default target, main) and "make debug". When i supply the debug target, exactly the same as main should be built, but then with the DEBUG flag (-g -D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: StevenR
2 Replies

4. Programming

Makefile: multiple target variable substitution

Greetings! Basically, I would like to properly handle this with gnu make: alltools: my_tool mysecond_tool mythird_tool etc_tool %_tool: dir1/%_tool.vf dir2/%_tool/subdir2/%_tool.ver <tab>@echo done %.vf: <tab>RUN_VF $* %.ver: <tab>RUN_VER $* So, if I were to do something like:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harlinator
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile rule being skipped

I can't seem to get a rule in my Makefile to ever run... even if I change the rule to force make to re-enter the rule, or if I change the dependent files the rule depends on. Any ideas why the second rule is being ignored here? #MAKEFILES = $(DIRS:%=$(ROOT)/%/Makefile) #$(MAKEFILES):... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: foureightyeast
0 Replies

6. Programming

compile fails in linux ... "No rule to make target" ... HELP

hello all, attached you can find a tool (written in C) that i really need to make it compile under linux i am able to compile and run it successfully in mac os x, but in linux the compilation fails the only thing that i did so far is to change the following #include <sys/malloc.h> to... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: OneDreamCloser
13 Replies

7. Programming

Issue with make, no rule to make target etc.

I have been trying to split up my src directory to clear out files that are not re-compiled very often. Now I have the following setup in my trunk, trunk/bld trunk/src/ trunk/src/src_server trunk/makefile.linux In the make file, I have compile rules SOURCELOC = src # compile src c++... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

MakeFile Backup Target

Goal: I'm trying to create a PHONY target inside my Makefile so that when I run the command "make backup", It will move all the files that end in "~" into the specified backup folder. Here is my code currently, and I'll explain the problem after: .PHONY: backup backup: @mkdir -p... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xploit
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Defining a new suffix rule in a Makefile

Hi everybody, I have a Makefile where a single suffix rule is defined: .SUFFIXES: .cpp .cpp.o: ${CXX} ${CXXFLAGS} -c -o $@ $< And I'd like to create another where an additional flag is added to compile in SMP. Right now, I have to do it like this: interface-smp.o:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zel2008
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Default rule to be executed in makefile

Hi all, I want to know the entry point (default rule to be executed) in a makefile once all defined variables are evaluated. I do not have all: in my makefile and I give "make" without any parameter in command line. thanks........ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless79
3 Replies
ost::CommandOptionParse(3)				     Library Functions Manual					ost::CommandOptionParse(3)

NAME
ost::CommandOptionParse - This is the CommandOptionParse interface class. SYNOPSIS
#include <cmdoptns.h> Public Member Functions virtual ~CommandOptionParse ()=0 Virtual destructor needed so that the object may be correctly deleted. virtual bool argsHaveError ()=0 Get the value of the error flag set if the parser encountered errors. virtual const char * printErrors ()=0 Return a string of text describing the list of errors encountered. virtual const char * printUsage ()=0 Return a string that contains the usage description of this list of paramaters. virtual void registerError (const char *errMsg)=0 Register an error with this parser. virtual void performTask ()=0 The method should be invoked by the main code once it has determined that the application should be started. Detailed Description This is the CommandOptionParse interface class. To implement this object you can call makeCommandOptionParse(); This will instantiate a dynamically allocated version of this class and parse the command line for the list of command options that are passed in. Author: Gianni Mariani gianni@mariani.ws Examples: cmdlineopt.cpp. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation virtual ost::CommandOptionParse::~CommandOptionParse () [pure virtual] Virtual destructor needed so that the object may be correctly deleted. Member Function Documentation virtual bool ost::CommandOptionParse::argsHaveError () [pure virtual] Get the value of the error flag set if the parser encountered errors. Examples: cmdlineopt.cpp. virtual void ost::CommandOptionParse::performTask () [pure virtual] The method should be invoked by the main code once it has determined that the application should be started. Examples: cmdlineopt.cpp. virtual const char* ost::CommandOptionParse::printErrors () [pure virtual] Return a string of text describing the list of errors encountered. Examples: cmdlineopt.cpp. virtual const char* ost::CommandOptionParse::printUsage () [pure virtual] Return a string that contains the usage description of this list of paramaters. Examples: cmdlineopt.cpp. virtual void ost::CommandOptionParse::registerError (const char *errMsg) [pure virtual] Register an error with this parser. This string will be appended to the errors already buffered in this object. Examples: cmdlineopt.cpp. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for GNU CommonC++ from the source code. GNU CommonC++ Sat Jun 23 2012 ost::CommandOptionParse(3)