Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: XML data replacement
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML data replacement Post 302886965 by Corona688 on Tuesday 4th of February 2014 04:34:29 PM
Old 02-04-2014
How should it tell that subrecord apart from any of the others?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed xml file multiple line replacement

I have a file called config.xml, it's a simple xml file, and I need use sed/awk to erase some lines. <machine xsi:type="unix-machineType"> <name>server1</name> <node-manager> <name>server1</name> <listen-address>server1</listen-address> </node-manager> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML tag replacement from different XML file

We have 2 XML file 1. ORIGINAL.xml file and 2. ATTRIBUTE.xml files, In the ORIGINAL.xml we need some modification as <resourceCode>431048</resourceCode>under <item type="Manufactured"> tag - we need to grab the 431048 value from tag and pass it to database table in unix shell script to find the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balrajg
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data between XML Tags

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?> <TABLE> <TEST> <ID> 123 </ID> <name> abc </name> </TEST> <TEST> <ID> 123 </ID> <name> abc2 </name> </TEST> </TABLE> <TABLE> <TEST> <ID> 456 </ID> <name> def </name> </TEST> <TEST> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting question, replacement in xml file

Hi Anybody can help me to make a script that replace string "Su saldo es" with "Your balance" in XML block if it start with Text Id=98 and Text Id= 12 only sample of part of file below <Text Id="98"> <Language id="1">Su saldo es $mainAccountBalance1Tiene ademas $dedicatedAccount1Balance1... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashu_099
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML id replacement with shell

Hi.. I have a problem with replacing of id-0f5435080b with some name daily, problem here is whenever I generate xml file it generates unique id for instance say for example today id-0f5435080b and tomorrow it may be id-0f68643508so basically I just want to replace this id with some name say... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

XML tag name content replacement

Hi, Need to replace an XML tag name contents, please provide any suggestions. Scenario is : <abc_def>Value_some_content</abc_def> Expected output : <abc:def>Value_some_content</abc:def> We have many tag with different names & contents in a file or a string. Please help on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: periyasamycse
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML (and insert data) then output data (bash / Solaris)

Hi folks I have a script I wrote that basically parses a bunch of config and xml files works out were to add in the new content then spits out the data into a new file. It all works - apart from the xml and config file format in the new file with XML files the original XML (that ends up in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfinch
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling data from xml

Hi there, Please could anyone help with this. I have an xml file that contains repeating values eg <Rule name> AAAAA <Action> BBBBB </Action> <Data> CCCCC </Data> <Type> DDDDD </Type> </Rule name> <Rule name> A1A1A1A1 <Action> B1B1B1B1 </Action> <Data> C1C1C1C </Data> <Type>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssideel
4 Replies

9. Programming

Resample time series data with replacement any way to do this in awk or just bash script

I have some time series data that I need to resample or downsample at some specific time intervals. The firs column is time in decimal hours. I am tryiong to resample this data every 3 minutse. So I need a data value ever 0.05. Here is the example data and as you can see, there time slot for 0.1500... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malandisa
3 Replies
DUMP(5) 							File Formats Manual							   DUMP(5)

NAME
dump, ddate - incremental dump format SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/ino.h> # include <dumprestor.h> DESCRIPTION
Tapes used by dump and restor(1) contain: a header record two groups of bit map records a group of records describing directories a group of records describing files The format of the header record and of the first record of each description as given in the include file <dumprestor.h> is: NTREC is the number of 512 byte records in a physical tape block. MLEN is the number of bits in a bit map word. MSIZ is the number of bit map words. The TS_ entries are used in the c_type field to indicate what sort of header this is. The types and their meanings are as follows: TS_TAPE Tape volume label TS_INODE A file or directory follows. The c_dinode field is a copy of the disk inode and contains bits telling what sort of file this is. TS_BITS A bit map follows. This bit map has a one bit for each inode that was dumped. TS_ADDR A subrecord of a file description. See c_addr below. TS_END End of tape record. TS_CLRI A bit map follows. This bit map contains a zero bit for all inodes that were empty on the file system when dumped. MAGIC All header records have this number in c_magic. CHECKSUM Header records checksum to this value. The fields of the header structure are as follows: c_type The type of the header. c_date The date the dump was taken. c_ddate The date the file system was dumped from. c_volume The current volume number of the dump. c_tapea The current number of this (512-byte) record. c_inumber The number of the inode being dumped if this is of type TS_INODE. c_magic This contains the value MAGIC above, truncated as needed. c_checksum This contains whatever value is needed to make the record sum to CHECKSUM. c_dinode This is a copy of the inode as it appears on the file system; see filsys(5). c_count The count of characters in c_addr. c_addr An array of characters describing the blocks of the dumped file. A character is zero if the block associated with that character was not present on the file system, otherwise the character is non-zero. If the block was not present on the file system, no block was dumped; the block will be restored as a hole in the file. If there is not sufficient space in this record to describe all of the blocks in a file, TS_ADDR records will be scattered through the file, each one picking up where the last left off. Each volume except the last ends with a tapemark (read as an end of file). The last volume ends with a TS_END record and then the tape- mark. The structure idates describes an entry of the file /etc/ddate where dump history is kept. The fields of the structure are: id_name The dumped filesystem is `/dev/id_nam'. id_incno The level number of the dump tape; see dump(1). id_ddate The date of the incremental dump in system format see types(5). FILES
/etc/ddate SEE ALSO
dump(1), dumpdir(1), restor(1), filsys(5), types(5) DUMP(5)